2022-23 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Fame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Where is this coming from? Yes I would speak up. And no that doesn't make anyone a racist. I can't imagine that out of all the people who were sitting near this fan, not one would speak up. The fact that the player heard it from the court, you would think someone near the fan would have heard it too.
    I was simply pointing out 2 reasons a witness would have for not admitting they heard anything.

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    I'm tired of these ignorant accusations of racism.
    I wipe my ass and the paper turns brown, I flush it down the toilet, so I guess I'm racist. Pathetic BS around us these days.
    So, this "accusation" is automatically "ignorant"?

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    Also let it be known, to be a racist is not a crime in and if itself., Even though some are trying to make it one.
    Oh that's for sure! Otherwise our most recent past president would already be in jail.

Comment

• Usually if you have thousands of people who are potential witnesses to something, at least one of them would come forward to corroborate. The fact that not a single person has come forward makes the accusation sketchy at best. Not saying it didn't happen, because it very well might have, just seems odd that not a single person has come forward. If someone were to come forward what would they have to fear? It's not like they entire woke universe wouldn't have their back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
        I was simply pointing out 2 reasons a witness would have for not admitting they heard anything.

So, this "accusation" is automatically "ignorant"?

Oh that's for sure! Otherwise our most recent past president would already be in jail.
        Biden? He and Hunter should be in jail for sure. Tax fraud, money laundering, perjury, on and on and on...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Biden? He and Hunter should be in jail for sure. Tax fraud, money laundering, perjury, on and on and on...
          Typical Trumpie response.... "I know you are but what am ?"

Comment

Usually if you have thousands of people who are potential witnesses to something, at least one of them would come forward to corroborate. The fact that not a single person has come forward makes the accusation sketchy at best. Not saying it didn't happen, because it very well might have, just seems odd that not a single person has come forward. If someone were to come forward what would they have to fear? It's not like they entire woke universe wouldn't have their back.
            While that would be true around here. I not so sure it is in a crowd of BYU people, in an area that has condoned if not encouraged this type of behavior for a long time.

Comment

• When Gaylon Nickerson played for WSU, I was sitting next to an older gentlemen who yelled out, "Great job Nicker!". No kidding. He immediately realized that is probably not something he should have said.

Comment

• For those who are claiming this definitely happened or at least most likely happened, could you at least concede these points?

- Claiming racism from a white person as a minority (and as a result, victimhood) has incentives that far outweigh any incentives for an actual racist to scream the N word. Victimhood is not always a bad thing when one is actually a victim, but at this point in society, claiming yourself as a victim has FAR MORE incentive than being a perpetrator.
                - The "believe victims" narrative has taken on a life of its own, causing any public figure to concede any points that further that narrative for fear of public humiliation, regardless of the facts at hand.

If you can't concede these points, I can't help you. And you're seeing it play out in this "story."
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Usually if you have thousands of people who are potential witnesses to something, at least one of them would come forward to corroborate. The fact that not a single person has come forward makes the accusation sketchy at best. Not saying it didn't happen, because it very well might have, just seems odd that not a single person has come forward. If someone were to come forward what would they have to fear? It's not like they entire woke universe wouldn't have their back.
                  Not only that, but what do the other duke players say?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Typical Trumpie response.... "I know you are but what am ?"
                    As opposed to this masterful and very presidential response...LOL!

Comment

• I think this thread probably deserves to take its place in the Cone of Shame thread. A thread hijack that is right up there with the best/worst of them.

Comment

I think everyone should digest this over and over. This is the society we live in now. The fact that the accusation cannot be proven is in itself proof that a group of people that are among the kindest and most generous people on the planet is 100% guilty by association. I mean, seriously, even for tin foil hat wearing flat earthers that's a stretch of unseen length. Nobody saw or heard anything, so the entire campus of BYU, the LDS Church and basically the state of Utah is guilty of systemic racism.

Look, I'm no fan of the LDS Church and they certainly have their issues. But let's be real.

Who do you think does more for society as a whole?

Another question....for ANYONE to answer. Would you rather be a black woman alone on the campus of BYU or say in the LDS Church or a white woman in South Central LA with the Crips?

Is it close? Is it a joke?

Let's get real and stop the charade. If we can stop this guilt by association ****, and I'm looking at you President Biden for starters, maybe, just MAYBE we can make some progress on some other issues.

Comment

• It's bothersome to me that the kid that was accused and banned has aspergers or mild autism, and it was proven with both video and having a cop and Duke admin standing next to him during the fourth set, that he wasn't the culprit.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think everyone should digest this over and over. This is the society we live in now. The fact that the accusation cannot be proven is in itself proof that a group of people that are among the kindest and most generous people on the planet is 100% guilty by association. I mean, seriously, even for tin foil hat wearing flat earthers that's a stretch of unseen length. Nobody saw or heard anything, so the entire campus of BYU, the LDS Church and basically the state of Utah is guilty of systemic racism.

Look, I'm no fan of the LDS Church and they certainly have their issues. But let's be real.

Who do you think does more for society as a whole?

Another question....for ANYONE to answer. Would you rather be a black woman alone on the campus of BYU or say in the LDS Church or a white woman in South Central LA with the Crips?

Is it close? Is it a joke?

Let's get real and stop the charade. If we can stop this guilt by association ****, and I'm looking at you President Biden for starters, maybe, just MAYBE we can make some progress on some other issues.
                            Amen to this. Anyone who has been around or dealt with people of Mormon faith can attest that they are by and large some of the most friendly, accomodating, and generous around. As Doc said I am not a fan of the LDS Church but the above statement is spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              It's bothersome to me that the kid that was accused and banned has aspergers or mild autism, and it was proven with both video and having a cop and Duke admin standing next to him during the fourth set, that he wasn't the culprit.
                              Hmm, we aren't hearing anything about this in the media. I wonder why?

Comment

Hmm, we aren't hearing anything about this in the media. I wonder why?
                                Yeah, it doesnt fit the predetermined narrative. Facts be damned.
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X