2022-23 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Fame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    I was simply pointing out 2 reasons a witness would have for not admitting they heard anything.

So, this "accusation" is automatically "ignorant"?

Oh that's for sure! Otherwise our most recent past president would already be in jail.
    You say a witness...that would be true. But hundreds? Surely at least 1% would speak out.

The accusations are not ignorant, but the reaction to those accusations are definitely. It's still American, where you are innocent until proven guilty.

Your right about Trump, he so racist he didn't marry the black woman he dated prior to Millennia. Then he went so far as incentivised manufacturing businesses to build in the poor black neighborhoods. The gall of that guy to take away an excuse for not working from those poor blacks in those neighborhoods., Unbelievably racist for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

You say a witness...that would be true. But hundreds? Surely at least 1% would speak out.

The accusations are not ignorant, but the reaction to those accusations are definitely. It's still American, where you are innocent until proven guilty.

You’re right about Trump, he so racist he didn't marry the black woman he dated prior to Millennia. Then he went so far as incentivised manufacturing businesses to build in the poor black neighborhoods. The gall of that guy to take away an excuse for not working from those poor blacks in those neighborhoods., Unbelievably racist for sure.
      Yeah, because trump and Al sharpton aren’t friends and trump didn’t get the Ellis Island award alongside Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali…
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Then he went so far as incentivised manufacturing businesses to build in the poor black neighborhoods. The gall of that guy to take away an excuse for not working from those poor blacks in those neighborhoods., Unbelievably racist for sure.
        If I'm not mistaken those "opportunity zones" were shut down (i.e., taken off the books) by Biden within one week of his occupying the White House? I believe I am right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

If I'm not mistaken those "opportunity zones" were shut down (i.e., taken off the books) by Biden within one week of his occupying the White House? I believe I am right.
          Your probably right. They did interfere with the tax and spend welfare system that he promotes.

Comment

• Sounds like this is now a cone of shame story for Duke.

ESPN - BYU says it found no corroborating evidence of racial heckling toward Duke women's volleyball player

Duke volleyball player Rachel Richardson, who is Black, alleged that she repeatedly heard a racial slur directed at her during the Aug. 26 match from someone sitting in BYU's student section. Richardson's godmother also said the player was called a racial slur "every time she served."

BYU banned a fan from all its athletic events shortly after Richardson's allegations but has lifted the ban following its investigation, which the school says included reviewing all available video and audio recordings and contacting more than 50 people who attended the event, including some Duke athletes and staff members. The review included security camera footage and footage from BYUtv with broadcasting audio removed.

"From our extensive review, we have not found any evidence to corroborate the allegation that fans engaged in racial heckling or uttered racial slurs at the event," BYU said in a statement. "As we stated earlier, we would not tolerate any conduct that would make a student-athlete feel unsafe. That is the reason for our immediate response and our thorough investigation.

"As a result of our investigation, we have lifted the ban on the fan who was identified as having uttered racial slurs during the match. We have not found any evidence that that individual engaged in such an activity. BYU sincerely apologizes to that fan for any hardship the ban has caused."
            Nobody else from Duke heard anything. No fan has come forward as having heard anything. Video and audio haven't picked up anything.

Jay Bilas still believe Richardson though, and he's getting dragged on Twitter for it.

I'm not going to say she made the whole thing up, though there have been a number of such cases over the years. It's very possible she misheard something.

Also, this makes Dawn Staley at SC look even worse for cancelling their series with BYU.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Sounds like this is now a cone of shame story for Duke.
              Also:

DUKE VOLLEYBALL PLAYER’S GODMOTHER SHOWS TROUBLING PAST WITH RACIST REMARKS

Duke's Rachel Richardson was at the center of an alleged racist attack game during a volleyball game at Smith Fieldhouse in Provo, Utah, on Friday against the BYU Cougars.

Comment

• Big fat L and cone of shame for Duke, the grandma, and South Carolina. Yikes.

Comment

• Staley so eager...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Just to prove that not all news is about poor behavior and actions I thought I would start a opposite thread about uplifting behavior and actions in sports.

Here is a good one to start it off with:

After this great show of sportsmanship, the boy who was hit by the pitch, then consoled the pitcher who hit him, his team eventually lost the game. This cost them a trip to the LLWS.
                    I was just reading Sept 1 edition of the Cherokee Phoenix and saw this kid is a resident of Cherokee nation. They had a story about him and how the LLWS organizers personally invited him to the LLWS.
                    He is getting an all expense paid trip.

Kudos to the LLWS organizers for highlighting and rewarding his sportsmanship!

Comment

Working...
                    X