Society Needs to get a Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It'd be much safer for the people at the event and the safety of the workers, if they didn't allow fans in. And it would be a LOT less wear and tear on the stadium or arena.
    That's true from a fan's perspective. From the management perspective, safety is always a concern regardless and wear and tear is going to happen regardless.

And no one wants to be in charge of "that place" where something bad happens and the public then bitches and moans that there weren't any safety measures in place.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      gay and bisexual men (essentially people who exist with the one goal of ****ing anything they can get their dick into which is usually another man's ass)
      What makes you say this? I'm not sure if it was your intent, but this comes across as an incredibly ignorant statement.

Comment

I used to love to get on Shockernet and absorb some very interesting tidbits regarding socket b ball and basketball in general. Im not an expert, just a long time fan and attendee. I seldom post and won’t be missed. But the shocking deterioration in some longtime…and knowledgeable posters is too much for me. Everything is a political grievance, everything apparently merits serious discussion because it is an outrageous infringement on your” freedom”. Wahh waah wahh….for Christmas sake my wife and I hardly notice. 2000 gun toting shocker fans, as one poster mentioned, DOES NOT make me and my wife feel safe. No metal detectors? Hello AR 15. Life is to short to go around throwing your rattle out of your crib at every perceived slight. . Man up. Go with the flow…or don’t,,…I’m out….so u can say good riddance or whatever. No reply here. I’m not a key board tough. So long. Thanks Wudrwu…for making this easy….

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime View Post
          I used to love to get on Shockernet and absorb some very interesting tidbits regarding socket b ball and basketball in general. Im not an expert, just a long time fan and attendee. I seldom post and won’t be missed. But the shocking deterioration in some longtime…and knowledgeable posters is too much for me. Everything is a political grievance, everything apparently merits serious discussion because it is an outrageous infringement on your” freedom”. Wahh waah wahh….for Christmas sake my wife and I hardly notice. 2000 gun toting shocker fans, as one poster mentioned, DOES NOT make me and my wife feel safe. No metal detectors? Hello AR 15. Life is to short to go around throwing your rattle out of your crib at every perceived slight. . Man up. Go with the flow…or don’t,,…I’m out….so u can say good riddance or whatever. No reply here. I’m not a key board tough. So long. Thanks Wudrwu…for making this easy….
          Bitching about politics while making a political post. Classic.

Deuces.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

gay and bisexual men (essentially people who exist with the one goal of ****ing anything they can get their dick into which is usually another man's ass)
            In fairness, every single one of my friends' only goal of existence is to stick their dick into anything that walks... and they're all heterosexual lol. I think I understand the point you were trying to make, but probably could have taken a better angle.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

In fairness, every single one of my friends' only goal of existence is to stick their dick into anything that walks... and they're all heterosexual lol. I think I understand the point you were trying to make, but probably could have taken a better angle.
              Nah.

He said what he had to say. It probably wasn't directed at any single person on this board (that I know of). This board produces healthy "opposition" slants all the time. If anything it's probably less politicized than your average 1st grade class in elementary school is nowadays, if you catch my drift...

I haven't seen too many hetero pride parades which have the participants running around with their tally-wackers hanging out and dry humping anything that makes eye contact with 'em. Unlike 'kindergarten drag time.'

I think I'll leave this one alone from here. Adios.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Nah.

He said what he had to say. It probably wasn't directed at any single person on this board (that I know of). This board produces healthy "opposition" slants all the time. If anything it's probably less politicized than your average 1st grade class in elementary school is nowadays, if you catch my drift...

I haven't seen too many hetero pride parades which have the participants running around with their tally-wackers hanging out and dry humping anything that makes eye contact with 'em. Unlike 'kindergarten drag time.'

I think I'll leave this one alone from here. Adios.
                Nice strawman argument, good thing I wasn't defending parades or anyone's activities during; I was opposing only the extreme and, IMO, ignorant one sentence from WuDrWu. I also don't have a dog in this fight, and it's why I avoid these topics on shockernet and avoid the political section, until I didn't have a choice here due to random "non-tangent" on questionable basketball thread. So maybe as WuDrWu has said many times, maybe move this to where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

What makes you say this? I'm not sure if it was your intent, but this comes across as an incredibly ignorant statement.
                  The intent was hard to miss here.

Can’t speak for Doc, but for me personally, I grew a little tired of being told I wanted to kill grandma because I wanted barbershops open and that protests of 10K+ people were more important than the virus. Can’t we just say that MonkeyPox is being spread in the gay community and they need to take precautions?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I used to like coming to Shockernet, but whiny snowflakes constantly pissing and moaning that everyone should thank goodness for the opportunity to be oppressed!

Betas gonna beta.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

We've gone from a clear bag policy that's been in place for multiple years to snowflakes, killing grandma and gay sex.

That's impressive for even shockernet.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm not interested, nor was my intent, to offend or get into a fight. My comment may not have been separated properly and for that I apologize. I was not disparaging the gay community. But the fact is that there is a portion of our society that is basically singularly focused on having as much sex as possible with as many different people as possible often times in group like settings, and this primarily occurs within the gay (male) community, especially in larger cities where there is a larger gay community. If you are heterosexual and engage in the same type of reckless behavior (multiple sex partners with people you do not know in a shared environment) then you also are putting yourself in increasingly dangerous situations. The difference is that there aren't those kind of situations available in the same numbers as there are in same sex (mostly male) circles. My comment doesn't disparage the entire gay community anymore than a few redneck asshole klan members somehow disparage all white folks. While my details may have left something to be desired in the details and presentation, my point is valid. Common sense is overlooked and we focus on the nonsensical (for instance, being offended by words in a forum).

Comment

I'm not interested, nor was my intent, to offend or get into a fight. My comment may not have been separated properly and for that I apologize. I was not disparaging the gay community. But the fact is that there is a portion of our society that is basically singularly focused on having as much sex as possible with as many different people as possible often times in group like settings, and this primarily occurs within the gay (male) community, especially in larger cities where there is a larger gay community. If you are heterosexual and engage in the same type of reckless behavior (multiple sex partners with people you do not know in a shared environment) then you also are putting yourself in increasingly dangerous situations. The difference is that there aren't those kind of situations available in the same numbers as there are in same sex (mostly male) circles. My comment doesn't disparage the entire gay community anymore than a few redneck asshole klan members somehow disparage all white folks. While my details may have left something to be desired in the details and presentation, my point is valid. Common sense is overlooked and we focus on the nonsensical (for instance, being offended by words in a forum).
                          This is a much more balanced and fair approach and, as I respect you as an intelligent and knowledgeable poster and human, appreciate the follow up.

Comment

You know who else needs to get a grip?!? PIZZA HUT!! Shut down the buffets PERMANENTLY?!?!

Yeah, I'm dying on this hill too. Get over it.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Bye Felicia…

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Bye Felicia…
                                Be nice. Some are just too young or too ignorant to see how our government works to chip away at our freedoms in the name of health, safety and saving the earth. One day some of them may see the light when our government decides to make cell phones illegal because of the harm created to our atmosphere by those signals flying around, or maybe when it is law that bans electricity except from solar or wind.
                                Their day will come. But it may be too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X