No announcement yet.

Society Needs to get a Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clear bag policies overall were pre COVID. I'm not sure exactly when WSU implemented them but I remember them being a policy at a Tulsa road game prior to COVID (I haven't been been down for a Tulsa game post COVID so I know that was before)

Also while knowing a bunch of people may be packing might deter a mass shooter... Very very unlikely to stop a bomber from bringing something in a bag and just leaving it to be set off remotely. Now is that a real threat I don't know.

It's also a safe bet if we got into a good guy/bad guy shootout in CKA the causalities would be massive. For every good gun owner that's a good shot there are a couple good gun owners that only think they are good shots

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

There is the reason for the clear bag policy right there!
      Help me out, when was the last person shot INSIDE a Shocker sporting event prior to the clear bag policy?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

There is the reason for the clear bag policy right there!
        Your right. They don't want good people to hurt someone who is simply trying to pull off a mass killing.That just wouldn't support the ban guns agenda.
        Why are we not banning vehicles? They kill more people than guns do and they polute the air we breathe as well.
        But by God don't let a lady carry a purse in. She could have a bomb stuffed in her tampon container.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          The handful of college road games I've been to recently all had this same policy.
          You obviously didn’t go to the Okie State game last season. We walked up, they scanned our tickets, and that was it! No metal detectors, no bag searches, no take off your hat old man, nothing. At first I felt guilty, then I felt awesome! My respect for Okie State went up 10 fold after that.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Clear bags policy were in response to Covid. Size restrictions were before that and have been modified.

The question is why?

Has there been a spate of bombings that have occurred at sporting events in this country of which I am not aware?

It's more least common denominator thinking. We have to protect against the most bizarre possibility and ignore ALL common sense, lest we be sued out of existence and labeled bigots and racists.

You know what would keep whack jobs from trying to set off a bomb in CKA? The bomber knowing that me and a couple thousand right thinking Shocker fans in attendance are packing and good shots.
            Speaking of ignoring ALL COMMON SENSE a few years back our son who is a off duty Cop came to the game with me. And had his gun with him so we went thru the one entrance that checks his ID to make sure he is a Cop So the guy checking us in says your okay with the gun but the two inch pocket knife he has can't come in with him. A supervisor was behind the the guy steps up and says "He's got a F***ing Glock I think the pocket knife is okay "

Comment

Not to get off a tangent, but along the same lines of getting a grip, I present to you MONKEYPOX. CNN ran a 6 minute special with "EXPERTS" and Doctors who said, and I am not embellishing, that the virus can shed onto sheets and live for WEEKS. The FACT that over 96% of those infected are gay and bisexual men (essentially people who exist with the one goal of ****ing anything they can get their dick into which is usually another man's ass) and that even if you do get it, the survival rate is substantially higher than Covid is all but ignored. ANYONE can get it, and you should be scared if you check into a hotel and if you ride share or travel you need to wear long pants.....I'm not kidding.

If they really wanted to stop MP they would scream at the top of their lungs to the gay community to stop the spread. But they don't want to do that. They don't even want to admit the facts. I can't believe that "doctor" (if in fact she really was a medical doctor, as she didn't appear to be particularly sharp to me) was actually referred to as an expert. They want to normalize it. They want to make it the same, for reasons that I don't and never will understand. It's beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Not to get off a tangent, but along the same lines of getting a grip, I present to you MONKEYPOX. CNN ran a 6 minute special with "EXPERTS" and Doctors who said, and I am not embellishing, that the virus can shed onto sheets and live for WEEKS. The FACT that over 96% of those infected are gay and bisexual men (essentially people who exist with the one goal of ****ing anything they can get their dick into which is usually another man's ass) and that even if you do get it, the survival rate is substantially higher than Covid is all but ignored. ANYONE can get it, and you should be scared if you check into a hotel and if you ride share or travel you need to wear long pants.....I'm not kidding.

If they really wanted to stop MP they would scream at the top of their lungs to the gay community to stop the spread. But they don't want to do that. They don't even want to admit the facts. I can't believe that "doctor" (if in fact she really was a medical doctor, as she didn't appear to be particularly sharp to me) was actually referred to as an expert. They want to normalize it. They want to make it the same, for reasons that I don't and never will understand. It's beyond ridiculous.
                Lol, that wasn’t subtle.

Comment

Is some of this KBOR driven? Just asking because I am too lazy to research.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    What are the pros and cons?

Cons:

Anti-family
                    Creates overall ill-will toward the school
                    Irritating when entering (especially during bad weather with lines out the doors)
                    Increased athletic department payroll
                    Increased athletic department equipment costs
                    Decrease in ticket sales

Pros:

Increases safety from 99.993% safe to 99.995% safe
                    Increase in concessions
                    Small decrease in hard liquor consumption

What else have I missed?
                    It incentivizes not wearing a coat to a game which can lead to pneumonia, toxic shock from seeing old ladies’ cold boobies, and an extra five minutes trying to find your weenie to take a leak.

Comment

What are the pros and cons?

Cons:

Anti-family
                      Creates overall ill-will toward the school
                      Irritating when entering (especially during bad weather with lines out the doors)
                      Increased athletic department payroll
                      Increased athletic department equipment costs
                      Decrease in ticket sales

Pros:

Increases safety from 99.993% safe to 99.995% safe
                      Increase in concessions
                      Small decrease in hard liquor consumption

What else have I missed?
                      Pro: Makes the snowflakes feel warm and cozy

Comment

Sporting event bag policies in general have been around for awhile. The NFL started making changes after 9/11 and the policy evolved over the years. Other sports didn't really go to the lengths the NFL did until after the bombs left in backpacks at the Boston Marathon in 2013. The NFL adopted a newer policy shortly thereafter that then became the standard and was adopted by other pro leagues and colleges. Based on doing a little googling, it looks like K-State and KU adopted the policy around 2016-17. Wichita State waited until 2020. Looks like it was even discussed on this forum back then.

The policy is pretty much the same everywhere. Here's a link to WSU's - https://goshockers.com/sports/2020/1...cy.aspx?id=177 - women can still carry a purse in, but it has to be a small one. The FAQ on the site is basically identical to the ones at K-State and KU's web site and probably pretty much any other site with the policy.

The initial policy by the NFL was basically an anti-terrorist initiative - everyday housewives with purses weren't the object of the policy and still aren't, even with WSU's. Places like WSU probably adopted it more due to covid and minimizing contact when it came to purse searches, plus it probably speeds up the whole entry process. People who haven't been to WSU events the last couple years are likely the ones caught most off-guard by the policy.

Finally, I don't fault those who try to enforce parts of it because they're just doing their job and could get fired for not doing their job otherwise. Also, the policy isn't going away - it may get tweaked over the years much like the NFL tweaked things, but it isn't going away. Once something is implemented that is good for the arena or stadium, be it the safety of people at the event or the safety of workers, it's there to stay.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                          Also, the policy isn't going away - it may get tweaked over the years much like the NFL tweaked things, but it isn't going away. Once something is implemented that is good for the arena or stadium, be it the safety of people at the event or the safety of workers, it's there to stay.
                          It'd be much safer for the people at the event and the safety of the workers, if they didn't allow fans in. And it would be a LOT less wear and tear on the stadium or arena.

Comment

lol, this thread makes me want to chug a bottle of whiskey for lunch.

Comment

It'd be much safer for the people at the event and the safety of the workers, if they didn't allow fans in. And it would be a LOT less wear and tear on the stadium or arena.
                              Tulsa has been doing this for years!

Comment

LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                                X