Society Needs to get a Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Society Needs to get a Grip

So, as a husband, I didn't necessarily agree. I talked my wife who is not a sports fan into going to the Aftershox game. On the way a lady told her to turn around. Her purse wasn't allowed. That lady was pissed and my wife was pissed. I saw 2 other couples headed to their cars.
    My wife would not leave her purse in the car in that neighborhood. I've been around that campus since the 90's and could not argue.
    She would've agreed to a search. But I still think that wasnt necessary.
    I by no means wish harm to my fellow alumni or my university. But this current state of paranoia causes more anxiety and more violence.
    10 years ago I was assaulted by an intrust bank arena employee when I walked in with an umbrella for my 95 year old grandpa. It was a cold and rainy evening and the umbrella seemed prudent.
    We're getting stupid.There's very little progress.
    Phi Alpha

I’m sorry that happened but this has been a Koch Arena policy for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
      So, as a husband, I didn't necessarily agree. I talked my wife who is not a sports fan into going to the Aftershox game. On the way a lady told her to turn around. Her purse wasn't allowed. That lady was pissed and my wife was pissed. I saw 2 other couples headed to their cars.
      My wife would not leave her purse in the car in that neighborhood. I've been around that campus since the 90's and could not argue.
      She would've agreed to a search. But I still think that wasnt necessary.
      I by no means wish harm to my fellow alumni or my university. But this current state of paranoia causes more anxiety and more violence.
      10 years ago I was assaulted by an intrust bank arena employee when I walked in with an umbrella for my 95 year old grandpa. It was a cold and rainy evening and the umbrella seemed prudent.
      We're getting stupid.There's very little progress.
      Not long before they give cavity searches to attend your schools 4th grade Christmas program.
      Then you'll feel good about a no purse policy.

Comment

I don’t know if it’s society that needs to get a grip if you’re that worked up about a long-standing policy that is a minor inconvenience.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Airport level security at WSU sporting events needs to change, like yesterday. That is hold-over incompetence on the part of ADDB, and I expect ADKS to go to bat to rectify this situation, as he becomes aware of it.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

It's pretty much the standard across all sports at college and professional level. Metal detectors and clear bag policies are the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
              It's pretty much the standard across all sports at college and professional level. Metal detectors and clear bag policies are the norm.
              Pro maybe, but not college.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
                And it ain't going to change!

Comment

Yeah, I think I would pick a different hill to die on. This one isn’t changing anytime soon.

Comment

There's been progress made. We can now keep our lids on the bottled water. Baby steps.

Comment

The handful of college road games I've been to recently all had this same policy.

Comment

Clear bags policy were in response to Covid. Size restrictions were before that and have been modified.

The question is why?

Has there been a spate of bombings that have occurred at sporting events in this country of which I am not aware?

It's more least common denominator thinking. We have to protect against the most bizarre possibility and ignore ALL common sense, lest we be sued out of existence and labeled bigots and racists.

You know what would keep whack jobs from trying to set off a bomb in CKA? The bomber knowing that me and a couple thousand right thinking Shocker fans in attendance are packing and good shots.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Clear bags policy were in response to Covid. Size restrictions were before that and have been modified.

The question is why?

Has there been a spate of bombings that have occurred at sporting events in this country of which I am not aware?

It's more least common denominator thinking. We have to protect against the most bizarre possibility and ignore ALL common sense, lest we be sued out of existence and labeled bigots and racists.

You know what would keep whack jobs from trying to set off a bomb in CKA? The bomber knowing that me and a couple thousand right thinking Shocker fans in attendance are packing and good shots.
                          Bingo!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

The bomber knowing that me and a couple thousand right thinking Shocker fans in attendance are packing and good shots.
                            There is the reason for the clear bag policy right there!

Comment

What are the pros and cons?

Cons:

Anti-family
                              Creates overall ill-will toward the school
                              Irritating when entering (especially during bad weather with lines out the doors)
                              Increased athletic department payroll
                              Increased athletic department equipment costs
                              Decrease in ticket sales

Pros:

Increases safety from 99.993% safe to 99.995% safe
                              Increase in concessions
                              Small decrease in hard liquor consumption

What else have I missed?

Comment

Working...
                              X