2022-23 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

This is in Texas, and this ain't football. No one cares about bball, Beard is in trouble!
    I now agree. My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Disturbing Details Emerge From College Basketball Coach's Arrest
      Disturbing Details Emerge From College Basketball Coach's Arrest (msn.com)
      Story by Tzvi Machlin

"Ryan Autullo of the Austin American-Statesman reported that the outlet has obtained the arrest affidavit. Per the report, a woman told police that Beard "choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around, and going nuts."

soooo....it's either HE was getting choked or maybe someone else was there?

Comment

• Of course he isn’t going to share those with police voluntarily.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Former high school basketball star Emoni Bates arrested after gun found in car he was driving
          Former high school basketball star Emoni Bates arrested after gun found in car he was driving (espn.com)
          by Pete Thamel and Myron Medcalf09/19/22, 11:45 AM CT

"Emoni Bates, a former high school star who transferred from Memphis to Eastern Michigan this summer, was arrested Sunday night about two miles from campus in Superior Township, Michigan, after sheriff's deputies discovered a firearm in a vehicle, he was driving...."
          ESPN - Eastern Michigan's Bates sentenced to 18 months probation

Bates was arrested on felony gun charges after he was pulled over while driving in September. He pled down to the misdemeanor in October.

:I'm very pleased, given what happened that night," said Bates' attorney, Steven Haney.

Bates was charged with two felonies -- carrying a concealed weapon and "altering ID marks" -- on Sept. 19 after a traffic stop. Bates failed to stop at an intersection and a search turned up the weapon, the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office said.

Bates was reinstated to the Eastern Michigan basketball team and as a student Oct. 13 after prosecutors agreed to drop felony charges against him, Haney and the school said.

Bates was a top prospect out of high school who transferred to Eastern Michigan in August after playing his freshman season at Memphis. He was charged after police found a gun in a car he was driving. Haney has said the vehicle and the gun didn't belong to Bates.
          While this has been a pain in the ass for Bates I'm sure, he'll be completely done with this and it will be expunged in 18 months.

A lot of bullshit to go through for rolling through a stop sign.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

ESPN - Eastern Michigan's Bates sentenced to 18 months probation

While this has been a pain in the ass for Bates I'm sure, he'll be completely done with this and it will be expunged in 18 months.

A lot of bullshit to go through for rolling through a stop sign.
            Agreed. He is having a good year too. Averaging 19 and 6.

Comment

• The Vermillion Police Department arrested Mihai Carcoana, a member of the University of South Dakota men’s basketball team, following a sexual assault on the USD campus. Carcoana is currently listed as an inmate in the Clay County Jail in Vermillion, according to the jail’s log. Information included in the log notes that he has been arrested on the charge of second-degree rape, which in South Dakota is a Class 1 felony.

Comment

• ESPN - Texas coach Chris Beard's fiancee says he didn't strangle her

In a statement sent to The Associated Press by her attorney, Randy Leavitt, Trew said she is "deeply saddened" by the incident and said Beard was acting in self-defense from her.

"Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends, and the University of Texas, among others. As Chris' fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself," Trew said in the statement.

"Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers during this difficult time," she said.
                The saga...
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I FREAKING CALLED IT.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Dana O’Neil got her pitchfork out and is now going after him because women never lie, they are just bullied into recanting their stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I FREAKING CALLED IT.
                      B/tches be cra cra.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Dana O’Neil got her pitchfork out and is now going after him because women never lie, they are just bullied into recanting their stories.
                        She’s a woke hack. Tried to get all high and mighty over Gregg when that went down too. Can’t stand her.

Comment

• Not as shameful as some, but when the opening tip is controlled, the idea is to get it to one of your teammates. When the guy on the other team is Buddy Hield, you've got a problem.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/12...-to-start-game
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Buddy is a good dude.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Teen Charged in Disturbing High School Basketball Incident

Story by Andrew McCarty of the Spun
                              12/31/22

"According to a report from Boston TV-25, a player is facing criminal charges after police say he punched a referee during a game. The name of the player has not been released as he's a minor. The player will reportedly be called to testify at Quincy Juvenile Court on a charge of assault and battery. Cohasset Public School Superintendent Patrick Sullivan said the student allegedly “sucker punched” the referee in the face.

Dan Leahy, a photographer at the game, detailed the events via Boston 25. “Out of my peripheral I see a South Boston player coming over to the baseline, I assumed to take the ball out. In fact, he launched at an official and gave him a full nelson right to the side of the head. Which brought the ref down and he kept exercising a physical attack on this poor ref who was bent over and couldn’t defend himself,” said Leahy."

Comment

• Hope the player learns from his mistake????? How about, hope the player gets what he has coming to him

Comment

Working...
                                X