Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Comment

Random, crazy, non-Shocker related stat . . .

HCC vs. Fort Scott tonight. 65 combined turnovers with a final score of 124-101.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

HCC vs. Fort Scott tonight. 65 combined turnovers with a final score of 124-101.
        How is that even possible?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here is the boxscore: https://bluedragonsports.com/sports/...21101_r2u9.xml

Other eye-popping numbers:

91 rebounds, 43 of them offensive
          FGA: Hutch 94, FS 65
          3FGA: Hutch 49 (made 18)
          Hutch committed 35 fouls and no Hutch player fouled out. FS had 20 and fouled out 3 players.
          FS shot 47 FTs compared to 22 for HCC.
          Hutch had 24 steals

Avg time per posession: 5 seconds

Ok, I made that last one up, but my best calculation, about 13 seconds. 2400 / (FGA - ORB + TO)

By comparison, using that same formula in our 102-66 win over PVA&M last year, avg time per possession was 18.5 seconds.

Comment

That's just insane
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Here is the boxscore: https://bluedragonsports.com/sports/...21101_r2u9.xml

Other eye-popping numbers:

91 rebounds, 43 of them offensive
              FGA: Hutch 94, FS 65
              3FGA: Hutch 49 (made 18)
              Hutch committed 35 fouls and no Hutch player fouled out. FS had 20 and fouled out 3 players.
              FS shot 47 FTs compared to 22 for HCC.
              Hutch had 24 steals

Avg time per posession: 5 seconds

Ok, I made that last one up, but my best calculation, about 13 seconds. 2400 / (FGA - ORB + TO)

By comparison, using that same formula in our 102-66 win over PVA&M last year, avg time per possession was 18.5 seconds.
              I remember you being from Buhler, IIRC.....do you go to Blue Dragon games?

Comment

Paul Westhead would be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I remember you being from Buhler, IIRC.....do you go to Blue Dragon games?
                  Live in Hutch now, but yes, I try to get to a game each year. Went to 2 or 3 last year since my step-son was in the pep band.

Last year Hutch had a lot of games where they scored 100+ and their coach has publicly said he expects to play faster this year. Could be an entertaining show.

Comment

Self and Townsend "suspended" four games. That'll show em...

Kansas suspended coach Bill Self and assistant Kurtis Townsend for the first four games as part of restrictions related to its 2017 corruption case.

Comment

Memphis and KU fight the NCAA over level one violations and gets essentially zero done to them. OSU self reports about violations having nothing do with anyone still in the program and gets a post-season ban. That’s justice the NCAA way.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Self and Townsend "suspended" four games. That'll show em...

Kansas suspended coach Bill Self and assistant Kurtis Townsend for the first four games as part of restrictions related to its 2017 corruption case.

Don't forget that they self imposed a "scholarship" removal .. as if they weren't punishing themselves for paying players under the table anyways. Scholarships don't mean much when they can just funnel NIL to a player.

Comment

Look, I'm more on the "defend KU" side than most when it comes to other things, and this is well-documented. I think Self is as good as it gets when it comes to Xs and Os, and I think he cultivates a good culture within the KU program. He's not a Coach K or Calipari type guy when it comes to getting players, and he coaches his rear end off. I love the sets he creates and the way he runs his offense and defense. I would KILL to have him running our program now, and the same applies to Rick Pitino (obviously assuming Marshall's departure). Those guys know basketball and are fantastic at relationships.

But holy cow, this is insane. Self and Townsend knew exactly what was going on. There was no mystery about it. That tape and the relationship with TJ Gassnola showed as much.

Duke and Kentucky? Cheating their asses off. No disciplinary measures. KU does it? Well, a little slap on the wrist and you're on your way. Can you imagine if we had a coach committing violations this blatant?

Coach K, Cal, and Self should all be lumped into the same lot when it comes to avoiding NCAA sanctions. It's like watching Paul Pelosi execute an insider trade.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            Look, I'm more on the "defend KU" side than most when it comes to other things, and this is well-documented. I think Self is as good as it gets when it comes to Xs and Os, and I think he cultivates a good culture within the KU program. He's not a Coach K or Calipari type guy when it comes to getting players, and he coaches his rear end off. I love the sets he creates and the way he runs his offense and defense. I would KILL to have him running our program now, and the same applies to Rick Pitino (obviously assuming Marshall's departure). Those guys know basketball and are fantastic at relationships.

But holy cow, this is insane. Self and Townsend knew exactly what was going on. There was no mystery about it. That tape and the relationship with TJ Gassnola showed as much.

Duke and Kentucky? Cheating their asses off. No disciplinary measures. KU does it? Well, a little slap on the wrist and you're on your way. Can you imagine if we had a coach committing violations this blatant?

Coach K, Cal, and Self should all be lumped into the same lot when it comes to avoiding NCAA sanctions. It's like watching Paul Pelosi execute an insider trade.
                            That post is great starting precisely at “holy cow…”

Comment

So, a defensive battle then.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

So, a defensive battle then.
                                It does appear that playing defense was a battle.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X