• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

I guess he is not aware of the custom of "when in Rome..."
    What I take out of that is I'd rather jump off the tallest building I could find than do that stupid bob...kudos to the KU kid!!!

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    Churchland High School JV Girls Basketball coach (23-year-old) impersonates player (13-year-Old)

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied

I guess he is not aware of the custom of "when in Rome..."

Leave a comment:

• shocktown
    replied
    You mean UCONN hasn’t made bank off of all those WBB Championships?

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    UConn athletics deficit climbed to $53 million in 2022
    UConn athletics deficit climbed to $53 million in 2022 (espn.com)
    by AP: 5:31 PM CT

"The University of Connecticut's athletic department deficit rose to $53 million during the 2022 fiscal year, an increase the school attributed to $13.4 million it was forced to pay former head men's basketball coach Kevin Ollie. The deficit, reported in the school's annual financial statement to the NCAA and released publicly on Tuesday, compares to a $47.2 million deficit reported for the 2021 fiscal year...."

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Not sure who would win a game between Alabama and New Mexico State since both teams shoot it so well.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Not sure who would win a game between Alabama and New Mexico State since both teams shoot it so well.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I understand the NCAA has already granted him a transfer waiver, so there's that.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Longhorns don't worry too much about buyouts and such. Their athletic budget runs around $200,000,000 and when they more, they have thousands of very wealthy folks who will pitch in another million or 2.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Saal better be fueling up the jet. This is like getting an opportunity at Jans or Forbes.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Texas is about to have to pay up. Yikes. I don't see this going well for the University if the above statement is true.
    Contractually, I think they already had cause to fire him. All he had to do was be arrested for a felony. Doing an "independent investigation" is open to interpretation, and clearly UT doesn't feel like talking to the two primary parties was required. As SubGod22 said, it's a bad look. But that's all it is.

This is Austin.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Texas is about to have to pay up. Yikes. I don't see this going well for the University if the above statement is true.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied

From what I can gather, this was a decision above the AD's head.

It also sounds like Texas didn't bother talking to Beard or his fiance at all.

Unless they've received information from the DA that hasn't been released, this was a move based solely on online outrage and not any actual facts of the case.

As I've said before, I prefer to operate on actual facts in cases like this and not the emotional outrage of the unhinged internet.

If I'm Texas, I would keep him on unpaid suspension pending more legal details. That doesn't harm the university financially and it gives the process time to play out.

If all charges are dropped or he is deemed to actually be innocent of any wrong doing this is a bad look for Texas.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Not as shameful as some, but when the opening tip is controlled, the idea is to get it to one of your teammates. When the guy on the other team is Buddy Hield, you've got a problem.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/12...-to-start-game
    Cone of shame? More like Cone of Awesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X