IB’s approach heading into this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moshock View Post
    How on earth did we go from winning the AAC 2 years ago to the disaster that we saw last season ?
    Fluke covid benefited year where we were arguably the luckiest team in America that many saw had major flaws; to a year where those flaws were more exposed and most of the luck ran out.

The team really wasn't that different as a whole, other than Tyson going into false god mode and taking the team with him.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Fluke covid benefited year where we were arguably the luckiest team in America that many saw had major flaws; to a year where those flaws were more exposed and most of the luck ran out.

The team really wasn't that different as a whole, other than Tyson going into false god mode and taking the team with him.
      Agree with all this, except Tyson's god mode being false. It was real. He just couldn't harness it last year for whatever reason. He is on the cusp of breaking into the NBA, and that's no joke.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yeah, but the Shocks sure could run a fast break when covid was a factor. When covid was no longer a factor the Shocks couldn't run a fast break anymore, or run an in bounds play. Big head scratcher because they returned the same lineup...

Tyson helping at the point didn't work out too good, for him or the team.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
          How on earth did we go from winning the AAC 2 years ago to the disaster that we saw last season ?
          Two years ago was fine to be excited about, but it was "fools gold", because things broke our way quite a bit. There seems to be a lot of blaming Tyson for last year's fiasco. I don't blame him. He shouldn't be the one running the offense. The "COACH" should have been in charge.

However, if anyone wants answers for what happened last year, just view the KSU game early in the year (if you have it on recorded), and watch how bad our offense was, when KSU started to put on some defensive pressure. We took a lot of awful shots, and had a good number of "bad possessions", and fell behind by double digits, in a low scoring game.

After the game, Brown blamed the loss on our defense. How clueless can a "COACH" get. Maybe our defense wasn't perfect, but it didn't lose us the game. That game was "Par for the course" the entire year, and showed me that Brown didn't know what he was doing.

Sorry, for my negative rant (which I told myself I wasn't going to do anymore), and I'm sure Coach Brown will be better this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The problem is, teams generally take on the personality of their leadership. He doesn't have to be a mad man, but he has to show some level of energy and not have that confused look on his face like he has no idea what to do.
            The best leaders in that regard, are players who can motivate and energize the team. FV, prime example.

Comment

I'm always amused at the high level of D-1 coaches live on this board.....:)

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                I'm always amused at the high level of D-1 coaches live on this board.....:)
                d501a7319.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There seems to be a lot of blaming Tyson for last year's fiasco. I don't blame him. He shouldn't be the one running the offense. The "COACH" should have been in charge.

However, if anyone wants answers for what happened last year, just view the KSU game early in the year (if you have it on recorded), and watch how bad our offense was, when KSU started to put on some defensive pressure. We took a lot of awful shots, and had a good number of "bad possessions", and fell behind by double digits, in a low scoring game.
                  We agree. WSU's team efficiency rankings across the board were higher the year before last. No? TE didn't play the point much that year, if at all (thankfully). That might have been one, of several factors, in regards to overall team coherence. Maybe it was covid eh? Maybe IB should have been the point guard?

You're getting warmer buddy...

Comment

Interesting approach… hope it works.
                    “Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

i hope they lower the rim for the lil’ dogg in the celtics jersey

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Interesting approach… hope it works.
                        “Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.”

Is that 6-5 freshman Jacob Wilson on the left? That's what you call a physical specimen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Is that 6-5 freshman Jacob Wilson on the left? That's what you call a physical specimen.
                          Don't let Cold get a hold of this picture. He will freak out...

Comment

[QUOTE=ShockingButTrue;n1358086]Yeah, but the Shocks sure could run a fast break when covid was a factor. When covid was no longer a factor the Shocks couldn't run a fast break anymore, or run an in bounds play. Big head scratcher because they returned the same lineup...

Tyson helping at the point didn't work out too good, for him or the team. [/QUOTE

IB tried going with a boring fundamental approach last year, that’s all it was. The real question is why? It made no sense other than he was just being a lazy coach

Comment

Most of the guys were at the game last night. I'll say this, there are some men on the roster.

Comment

[QUOTE=bleed yellow;n1358317]
                                Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                Yeah, but the Shocks sure could run a fast break when covid was a factor. When covid was no longer a factor the Shocks couldn't run a fast break anymore, or run an in bounds play. Big head scratcher because they returned the same lineup...

Tyson helping at the point didn't work out too good, for him or the team. [/QUOTE

IB tried going with a boring fundamental approach last year, that’s all it was. The real question is why? It made no sense other than he was just being a lazy coach
                                I question what you saw last year was fundamental basketball, boring or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X