• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    1 Porter
    2 Pierre
    3 Okafor
    4 Rojas
    5 Pohto
    I wiil give Dan's guess a second. Perhaps Rojas being the most iffy of that group.

My second 5 guess would be:
    1 Bell
    2 Ricks
    3 Walton
    4 Abidde
    5 Ballard

Perhaps Fr Wilson getting some minutes at the 2 and 3.

If Rogers is eligible that would have to be factored in.

Okafor and Walton could both see time at the 4 as well.

Comment

The real question is who plays PG after Porter?

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
        The real question is who plays PG after Porter?
        Bell or Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Bell or Pierre
          Will either be good enough to take over next year or do we start all over because we have no real "PG in waiting"? Even if we do a little better than expected this year with a healthy Porter playing 30+ mpg, are we going to be able to attract a PG that can walk right in a take the reins?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Will either be good enough to take over next year or do we start all over because we have no real "PG in waiting"? Even if we do a little better than expected this year with a healthy Porter playing 30+ mpg, are we going to be able to attract a PG that can walk right in a take the reins?
            I think we need another backup but really have no clue

Comment

The immediate future is going to see rosters turn over each season to the tune of 2/3rds at least. Spending ANY time worrying about "next season" is an exercise in utter futility right now and a complete waste of time.

Comment

How often can players transfer? Every year?
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Think Ballard might be getting sold a little short with these guesses. A 7’ defensive freak who can catch lobs and clean up things around the basket on both ends will find his way onto the court quickly.

I’d rather have a 5 who controls the paint than one who gets pushed around but can shoot 3s at a mediocre clip.

It just depends on how much Pohto has improved and how quickly (or slowly) Ballard picks up the system.

With all that said, Rojas will probably start at center and I’ll lose my mind.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

This one reminds me my own thoughts. With the players often mentioning Pierre, he may be a starter. I'm curious too if Abide can make this rotation of 10.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        My goodness!!! That back and forth dribble into the fall away from the left side!!! I bet we see that with the game on the line at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Very impressive ball handling and shooting. Hopefully that translates to real in game situations this season. High hopes for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                            Think Ballard might be getting sold a little short with these guesses. A 7’ defensive freak who can catch lobs and clean up things around the basket on both ends will find his way onto the court quickly.

I’d rather have a 5 who controls the paint than one who gets pushed around but can shoot 3s at a mediocre clip.

It just depends on how much Pohto has improved and how quickly (or slowly) Ballard picks up the system.

With all that said, Rojas will probably start at center and I’ll lose my mind.
                            Just curious what you base all of this on? Defensive freak? Not sure about that. Not saying he's not but there is a VERY limited D1 sample size to go from. He average 4 minutes per game in two seasons at FSU and a walk on was favored over him at times. He had 17 blocks in 36 games played. You absolutely cannot say based on this that he "controls the paint".

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Just curious what you base all of this on? Defensive freak? Not sure about that. Not saying he's not but there is a VERY limited D1 sample size to go from. He average 4 minutes per game in two seasons at FSU and a walk on was favored over him at times. He had 17 blocks in 36 games played. You absolutely cannot say based on this that he "controls the paint".
                              Well, if he gets 20 minutes per game that translates to 2.5 bpg.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                How often can players transfer? Every year?
                                They get one free transfer. After that, they have to sit a year unless they get a waiver, which is why we are in wait and see mode for Rogers.

I'm going to guess that with the one freebie, waivers won't be as easy to come by, but you never know with the NCAA.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X