No announcement yet.

Who's Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, Chandler provides some nice post depth. Even if he was on scholarship, he belongs and the fact that he’s willing to walk on speaks volumes for his character. Those individuals are few and far between in today’s world.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Honestly, Chandler provides some nice post depth. Even if he was on scholarship, he belongs and the fact that he’s willing to walk on speaks volumes for his character. Those individuals are few and far between in today’s world.
      I'm curious about the reason he's coming back. He says returning to his family. Isn't hcib the only person on the team that was there the last time he was at WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'm curious about the reason he's coming back. He says returning to his family. Isn't hcib the only person on the team that was there the last time he was at WSU?
        He played a season with Craig.
        78-65

Comment

It certainly does...(speak to his character). Are you kinda saying he's got sumthing to prove? He just might....
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

All of the above is relevant.

He's also bigger than last years center. Hell, the entire Mo Valley had bigger pivots than WSU's. Not more effective, but bigger.

Good pickup for the team. As I recall from his time here he displayed some pretty good skills along with good touch, but man, he sure didn't camp out down low in no-mans land like Mo did/does. Maybe he's developed a hunger for that kind of contact, or, he'll be coming off the bench again.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Maybe he had a good experience his first go-around here, he liked Wichita, and wants to move back. I would imagine he had more experiences than just on the basketball team. Some people actually like it in Wichita, and don't need to go to Texas or Nebraska to find home. We've had lots of former players move back before, and the fact that he doesn't need a scholarship to move back would be a similarity.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

He played a season with Craig.
                I guess he prefers small families then.

Comment

Is it entirely unreasonable to think he could end up being one of the more reliable bigs on the roster?

Comment

Considering he's never been a reliable big, I'm not sure how reasonable that thought could be.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      Is it entirely unreasonable to think he could end up being one of the more reliable bigs on the roster?
                      I don't think so. He was a good 3rd big body to play defense when others ended up in foul trouble, but he was never imo a reliable big.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Not at all.

This is, what, his 5th year in D1 basketball? Reliable is not much of a leap. There's a million examples of the effective and reliable play of upper classmen in college basketball. All conference? Now that might be a leap. There's a difference between reliable and all-conference, as the Shocks found out this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Not at all.

This is, what, his 5th year in D1 basketball? Reliable is not much of a leap. There's a million examples of the effective and reliable play of upper classmen in college basketball. All conference? Now that might be a leap. There's a difference between reliable and all-conference, as the Shocks found out this past season.
                          Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Considering he's never been a reliable big, I'm not sure how reasonable that thought could be.
                          Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't think so. He was a good 3rd big body to play defense when others ended up in foul trouble, but he was never imo a reliable big.
                          I think the question was "one of the MORE reliable".

I have no idea. However, how reliable is Pohto at the 5? Got pushed around and played mostly the 4.

How about Ballard? Good numbers in very limited playing time over 2 years. 147 minutes over 2 years.

Abidde? A red-shirt freshman can hardly qualify as a reliable big at this time.

How about injury prone, both knees, 6'6" Rojas?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think the question was "one of the MORE reliable".

I have no idea. However, how reliable is Pohto at the 5? Got pushed around and played mostly the 4.

How about Ballard? Good numbers in very limited playing time over 2 years. 147 minutes over 2 years.

Abidde? A red-shirt freshman can hardly qualify as a reliable big at this time.

How about injury prone, both knees, 6'6" Rojas?

So he’s the answer under the basket? I hesitate because of Poor Bear’s history. But you say he is the answer. I’ll take a Pohto as the better answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So he’s the answer under the basket? I hesitate because of Poor Bear’s history. But you say he is the answer. I’ll take a Pohto as the better answer.
                              I did????? Where?

I said, "I think the question was "one of the more reliable". I have no idea." I then gave potential arguments regarding "negatives" of the other potential post men.

C'mon Biden. (Sorry, not being political, just making a comparison.)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                More reliable is based on relative terms. This is a completely different roster than what he left.

Comment

Working...
                                X