Who's Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    From the podcasts of interviews with players, I have heard compliments on Porter, Pierre, Okafor, and Rogers. I'm hoping Ricks can shoot the lights out. KP should be improved and ready to be a starter. Is Abidde ready for rotation minutes? I'm hoping for reports from those of you that witness any scrimmages.
    Just listened to the most recent podcast. Quincy Ballard has one of the deepest voices I have ever heard!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      I know this is NOT the prevailing mindset but I’m optimistic….☺️
      Would 20 wins, at least one conference tourney win, and an NIT bid look like success? I think so.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Just listened to the most recent podcast. Quincy Ballard has one of the deepest voices I have ever heard!
        Yeah, he is down there. One thing I wouldn't do with Quincy is talk back.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          Would 20 wins, at least one conference tourney win, and an NIT bid look like success? I think so.
          I agree.

Comment

In my mind, a great season would be something similar to the 2018-2019 team that went to the NIT semifinals. Similar to that NIT team, this year's team has two solid returners (Porter, Pohto as opposed to McDuffie, SHJ) and a lot of new faces. I don't expect an NCAAT berth, but I do expect improvement as the season progresses.

Comment

Until proven otherwise, I expect us to be fighting with USF, ECU and Tulsa to stay out of the cellar. So the scenario you paint would be a massive success in my mind.

The non-conf will be interesting. If we struggle to beat all those 70k-club teams at home and aren't very competitive with MU/KSU/OSU, I think we're locked-in to a bottom 4 finish.

Much like Doc said in the expectations topic, I just want to see a team that plays hard and doesn't give up on itself. I do think there's a decent possibility if they can continue to gel as the season wears on, with a favorable schedule they could finish upper mid-pack (5-6).

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

In my mind, a great season would be something similar to the 2018-2019 team that went to the NIT semifinals. Similar to that NIT team, this year's team has two solid returners (Porter, Pohto as opposed to McDuffie, SHJ) and a lot of new faces. I don't expect an NCAAT berth, but I do expect improvement as the season progresses.
                We don’t have any players on McDuffie’s level in this team.

Edit: SHJ walks right into the starting line up of today’s squad and might be the best player.

Comment

Edit: SHJ walks right into the starting line up of today’s squad and might be the best player.
                  Way too early to make that claim.

Comment

Very reasonable perspective.

SHJ sure couldn't run a fast break any worse than the returning players.

Comment

A familiar face and name (longest full name in Shocker history at 23 characters) is back in the house. Listed on the roster as a senior so I assume this is his final go-round. Hopefully, he brings what he can to the team even if that is primarily practice effort and bench support. Hopefully, he will enjoy himself and get his degree.

Comment

Chandler could put the frontline over the top in terms of being a physical frontline with some depth.

Comment

Chandler was discussed like a week ago when he announced he was coming back. He will be a walk on.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                            Chandler could put the frontline over the top in terms of being a physical frontline with some depth.
                            I hope this is sarcasm...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Way too early to make that claim.
                              OK. Certainly last year’s team. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if either of those statements prove false this year.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                                Have you seen him play?
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X