Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "MWC Commissioner Gloria Nevarez was able to keep the remaining group together by promising significant cash distributions of the $90 million in exit fees"...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "MWC Commissioner Gloria Nevarez was able to keep the remaining group together by promising significant cash distributions of the $90 million in exit fees"...

That west coast math is a little messed up !!

Comment

• Gonzaga to the PAC-12, UTEP to the MWC.

Concerned the PAC-12 takes another run at Memphis.

Comment

• Interesting, interesting. Although I’m not sure Gonzaga changes the math for any AAC teams.

Comment

• For years, Gonzaga could’ve joined about any conference they wanted and they decide now to join in with a bunch of P4 rejects?

Interesting.

Their conference championship streak is about to end.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              For years, Gonzaga could’ve joined about any conference they wanted and they decide now to join in with a bunch of P4 rejects?

Interesting.

Their conference championship streak is about to end.
              I think Gonzaga has always cared about being in a western conference. They were never really rumored to be a target of the PAC previously and it was always the XII or Big East (which made zero sense). The new PAC is very western based and is likely to remain so. It'll have a better payout than the WCC and won't be a crazy increase in travel like the other options would have been. They may be one of the few sane schools in all of this conference movement.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Lots more tweets in the last day about WSU to PAC. I think just fans speculating/wishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Lots more tweets in the last day about WSU to PAC. I think just fans speculating/wishing.
                  Obviously that because of what Ted Lasso did for the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    Lots more tweets in the last day about WSU to PAC. I think just fans speculating/wishing.
                    Ya think?

The Mountain PAC is struggling to get to 8 schools as is. They're not going to take 2 non-football schools and have to get to 10, when it already has been hard enough getting to 8.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It must just be fan chatter as there's been no sources that indicate any dialogue has happened. And WSU would be dumb to move there as things sit right now.

There were reports that the PAC had discussions with Saint Mary's and Grand Canyon, though neither are expected to be added as the focus is on an 8th football school.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Take the tweet below with a grain of salt as this account is very pro-Memphis and called the move to the PAC a "no-brainer" before pivoting when details of the offer became public.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Obviously that because of what Ted Lasso did for the program.
                          It is still interesting to see fans wanting/wishing for WSU to go to the PAC 12. I have "Wichita State" as a search term on X. Always interesting.

There was a mild debate whether Al Davis ever coached at WSU. There was confusion because Al Davis was the coach of one of the college all-start teams and Bill Parcells was on his team.

Comment

• #1, I am hopeful that we (Memphis) do go to the Pac 12.

#2, I hope that it will be a four-team pod of WSU, Tulane, and South Florida. At that point, I think we could then add any (or almost) school from Texas as a football only. That would be a very strong hoops league and the best G6 football conference.

For sports such as Volleyball, we could play two games both home & away yielding a sum of 12. Two teams from the West twice gives 16. Of course, then the conference tournaments at seasons' ends.

#3, This is where it gets greedy ... speaking in long term, it will be very difficult for UConn football to even tread water as an Independent. Offer them a temporary football only membership ... with two clauses:
                            (a) must play at least four Pac 12 schools annually in basketball.
                            (b) after four years, they must commit to all sports membership or the football partnership ends. That is what the MAC held with UMass who left when they declined the full deal. Of course, they are now joining the MAC foe all sports next July.

Comment

• Originally posted by MemTGRS View Post
                              #1, I am hopeful that we (Memphis) do go to the Pac 12.

#2, I hope that it will be a four-team pod of WSU, Tulane, and South Florida. At that point, I think we could then add any (or almost) school from Texas as a football only. That would be a very strong hoops league and the best G6 football conference.

For sports such as Volleyball, we could play two games both home & away yielding a sum of 12. Two teams from the West twice gives 16. Of course, then the conference tournaments at seasons' ends.

#3, This is where it gets greedy ... speaking in long term, it will be very difficult for UConn football to even tread water as an Independent. Offer them a temporary football only membership ... with two clauses:
                              (a) must play at least four Pac 12 schools annually in basketball.
                              (b) after four years, they must commit to all sports membership or the football partnership ends. That is what the MAC held with UMass who left when they declined the full deal. Of course, they are now joining the MAC foe all sports next July.
                              Interesting ideas

Comment

• The PAC would have to pay WSU's exit fees AND significantly increase WSU's revenue share. Otherwise we'd lose exposure in our current recruiting areas, increase travel costs and put a lot of our games into less desirable time slots. WSU cannot afford to pay any exit fees right now.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X