Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting on the full share part

Comment

• Gonzaga to the PAC!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Interesting on the full share part
        They uh, looking for another non-football member..?

Comment

Interesting on the full share part
          Only way they were going to get them. The PAC, as it sits right now, isn't a strong basketball conference. SDSU is about it. Boise, Colorado State have been solid. Adding Gonzaga helps and the 'Zags will be making a lot more money from media by joining the PAC, no matter what their media deal ends up being.

One would think if the AAC schools are staying, that the projected media deal for the PAC isn't all that great.

Could the AAC get aggressive and try to get both Nevada schools to go along with AFA and one other? The Nevada schools would definitely face more travel costs so maybe the PAC still wins out. AFA should be ours to lose. I believe those in charge at AFA really want to play games in Texas and before the PAC imploded, I believe the MWC was looking at possible Texas adds to help with that. Having all three academies won't hurt our media deals in the future. Hopefully grabbing AFA helps pull a couple of others this direction.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• If the AAC wants to move west, they need to be actively talking/negotiating now before any such deals are signed within the MWC. I'd assume if that's signed, it would indicate those schools aren't going anywhere for awhile. Though I'd also assume that there are some schools still in the MWC that are hoping to get into the PAC, so that may change this new GOR deal.

If the AAC wants valuable expansion, the options in the eastern half of the country are limited. Not that there aren't schools that could add value at some point, but immediate value added schools are west right now. There are five MWC schools remaining that could bring value to either the American or PAC.

Let's see what happens.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                  This is interesting .. they have to add 1 more school in the next 2 years to remain a confernece

Comment

• I'm curious if ESPN is willing to raise the rate at all. Sounds like the PAC deal has a top end of 15M and that might be optimistic.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm curious if ESPN is willing to raise the rate at all. Sounds like the PAC deal has a top end of 15M and that might be optimistic.
                      Yea current all in annual revenue is 10 mil for the AAC apparently. 2 Million in expected additional travel costs were floated. So if it lands in the middle of the 10-15 ...basically paying an Exit fee to fly across the US to play MWC teams for the same amount of money.

Comment

• Reading through more of his thread, the PAC was only willing to pay 2.5M of the 25M exit fee.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I have to assume the administrators at Memphis, Tulane, USF, and UTSA were smart enough to leverage the PAC-12 interest into some concessions from the AAC/ESPN, hopefully to the benefit of all schools in the conference. Something like a pay bump in media money and the green light to add a school like James Madison would be a pretty nice outcome (if the MWC schools are out of consideration).

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Reading through more of his thread, the PAC was only willing to pay 2.5M of the 25M exit fee.
                            Someone called it a 10% off coupon lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              I have to assume the administrators at Memphis, Tulane, USF, and UTSA were smart enough to leverage the PAC-12 interest into some concessions from the AAC/ESPN, hopefully to the benefit of all schools in the conference. Something like a pay bump in media money and the green light to add a school like James Madison would be a pretty nice outcome (if the MWC schools are out of consideration).
                              As long as there is no unequal revenue sharing .. F that.

Comment

As long as there is no unequal revenue sharing .. F that.
                                Yeah I'm hoping more like an across-the-board raise and green light for further expansion or something haha

Comment

Working...
                                X