Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could really care less about the B12 or P12. I only care about the Shox. Best case scenario is that this is only about football and regional conferences spring up to handle the other sports including basketball, baseball, Track, VB, GSB, etc to keep the NCAA Bb tourney going. I have a friend or two who have been season ticket holders and they go to KU games on occasion and I could care less when they do.

Then NIL and transfer rules need to be nailed down. Otherwise these college sports will go to ****. WSU has had a lot of success in the past because Wichitans wanted the city in the national spotlight. Unless some amount of sobriety comes to the college sporting environment, we are headed to Valparaiso and MVC status at best, and maybe Emporia State status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Oh I’m sure they both have reached out. Just no invitations yet. Otherwise, they’d be jumping up and down for the B10 or SEC. Maybe they’ll get an invite to the PAC12 now.

Interesting article.

https://m.kusports.com/news/2021/jul...mplates=mobile

Here's another article from around that time (July 2021) and with the some of the same information, but it mentions how the KBOR implemented the policy due to the cost of WSU going to the AAC - https://www.cjonline.com/story/sport...cc/5379138001/

As realignment rumors swirl throughout the Big 12 Conference, school leadership at the University of Kansas and Kansas State University apparently haven't requested permission to negotiate with other athletic conferences.

Kansas Board of Regents policy requires KU and K-State to get "approval before entering negotiations" for a change in athletic conference membership. Regents officials didn't directly address multiple requests for comment from The Topeka Capital-Journal on whether the schools have requested or received such permission and with which conferences.

The policy was implemented in March after KBOR members noted the "ramifications" of Wichita State University leaving the Missouri Valley Conference in 2017 to join the American Athletic Conference. As part of the process, the Regents reviewed "a spreadsheet showing the net cost of WSU’s conference change."

"With the most recent conference shift by Wichita State University, the Board has learned more about the ramifications of such changes, and how they may affect students, alumni and other university stakeholders, academics and university finances in significant ways," KBOR agenda documents state. "Because a change in conference can affect more than just the athletic program at the university, Board members believed the Board should have a role in making this decision."
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Maybe KBoR having a say in the matter isn’t such a bad thing? I mean, at this point it’s pretty clear WSU had little to no idea what they were doing when they switched to the American. It’s still better than the Valley, but not much better. The American is so screwed that so far at least, there is not even a whisper of them gaining any of the schools caught up in the current realignment process

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
          Maybe KBoR having a say in the matter isn’t such a bad thing? I mean, at this point it’s pretty clear WSU had little to no idea what they were doing when they switched to the American. It’s still better than the Valley, but not much better. The American is so screwed that so far at least, there is not even a whisper of them gaining any of the schools caught up in the current realignment process
          The AAC is like Anthony Michael Hall in “Sixteen Candles.”

King of the Dorks. Once the big dogs eat the AAC will come in and pick the bones clean.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• What about an all basketball “super conference”? BE, A10, and WSU all join up.

Not saying it make sense for all parties, but it would be interesting.
            The Assman

Comment

• There's a report out that the Big 12 is meeting on Tuesday to discuss adding Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado.

Comment

• So tf the AAC was really pro active they could add the other PAC 12 teams plus CSU and AF Boise State and Wyoming and say two from the existing AAC schools to form a 12team Western football group with the existing 12 football teams. The two teams to move west could change each year to two different ones each year. IYou could also throw Gonzaga into the mix as well for Olympic Sports and basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                  There's a report out that the Big 12 is meeting on Tuesday to discuss adding Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado.
                  I find it comical that Colorado was one of the first to leave the Big 12 and now they are in talks to rejoin it?

But this move would actually make alot of sense. That would be a good group to add for that conference. The PAC 12 is done for.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post

I find it comical that Colorado was one of the first to leave the Big 12 and now they are in talks to rejoin it?

But this move would actually make alot of sense. That would be a good group to add for that conference. The PAC 12 is done for.
                    Imagine Washington State and Oregon State go to the Mountain West. Not sure what Cal and Stanford do. Probably abandon big time football and join the Big West.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      Imagine Washington State and Oregon State go to the Mountain West. Not sure what Cal and Stanford do. Probably abandon big time football and join the Big West.
                      I don’t see Cal and Stanford abandoning p5 football. There will be a western conference or western expansion when either the B1G sees success or failure.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• It always feels like the AAC or MWC are the two conferences that are going to merge or fold. There’s a big drop off after them down to the next levels so I feel like it’s way more likely they both get fully poached and then the leftovers merge for one last medium football conference that will still just headline the Group of 5. And there are some good other group of 5 conferences for football specifically but the AAC and MWC felt like they were the last two that also had basketball strength at the same time.

Honestly even if half the MWC goes to the PAC 12 and the AAC merges with what’s left it won’t be that bad given the circumstances. The American Athletic Conference East Division could be one thing while the West division retains all that branding by calling itself the AAC Mountain West Division.

I think we’ve reached a point where even the bottom half of all college sports conferences are gonna have to start joining the super conference model in their own way. We can’t keep poaching downward much longer before even the MVC figures out it needs to merge with the Summit, etc.

The next few years will be so weird

Comment

• Wonder how long before the ACC gets nervous and makes a big move with the Big East or something. I figure it’s all so blown up now if you’ve got USC and UCLA going Big Ten you might as well give up and expect literally anything.

WVU, Memphis, SMU, NOVA and UCONN to ACC…

WSU becomes catholic and joins big East…HCGM goes to confession and repents, is reinstated and we never lose another game.

SWOMO finally gets to join the sun belt but so does all of the other MVFC teams and they are still lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                            There's a report out that the Big 12 is meeting on Tuesday to discuss adding Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado.
                            Lots of smoke on this from a lot of sources today. This seems like the next domino

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              Wonder how long before the ACC gets nervous and makes a big move with the Big East or something. I figure it’s all so blown up now if you’ve got USC and UCLA going Big Ten you might as well give up and expect literally anything.

WVU, Memphis, SMU, NOVA and UCONN to ACC…

WSU becomes catholic and joins big East…HCGM goes to confession and repents, is reinstated and we never lose another game.

SWOMO finally gets to join the sun belt but so does all of the other MVFC teams and they are still lame.
                              The Big East is just sitting back getting ready to collect basketball schools that are looking for a home. And when I say that, what I’m meaning is if all hell breaks loose they get on the phone and see if Duke or KU are interested in joining the Big East.

Comment

• I’ve never learned more about realignment than this video. Well worth the 15 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X