Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance the B12 changes their mind on the AAC invitees, or is that ball done rolling off down the hill?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Any chance the B12 changes their mind on the AAC invitees, or is that ball done rolling off down the hill?
      Pretty sure contracts have been signed and you can't stop that, but it's a crazy ass world so who knows anymore.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Pretty sure contracts have been signed and you can't stop that, but it's a crazy ass world so who knows anymore.
        Maybe if half of the Big 12 goes to the PAC. OSU, TT, KSU, KU, ISU? I heard these schools mentioned, but I'm not convinced that conference would be any better.

Comment

Aren't they already in the ACC?
          My bad. People are speculating that ND will attempt to leave the ACC for the B12 and Pitt will follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            They likely don't need to do that.

Options I'm seeing.

Big 12 tries to Poach Oregon and maybe Utah then add boise to add more to the western half with BYU. They can keep their current adds and go to 16 with someone else being added too.

Pac 12 grabs SDSU and Boise and calls it good. I'm not sure without USC and UCLA if it makes sense for any of the Big 12 to jump to the Pac.

Either of these might push CSU and AFA to the AAC.

I don't think there is a scenario now where MWC stays intact on this. Unless the Pac 12 tries to poach some of the Big 12 newbies (no idea how those contracts would work). I could see Houston and BYU being attractive to the Pac.

Comment

Also very likely that USC and UCLA are just the big moves and the big 10 tries to grab two more to not have them out on an island.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Options I'm seeing.

Big 12 tries to Poach Oregon and maybe Utah then add boise to add more to the western half with BYU. They can keep their current adds and go to 16 with someone else being added too.

Pac 12 grabs SDSU and Boise and calls it good. I'm not sure without USC and UCLA if it makes sense for any of the Big 12 to jump to the Pac.

I don't think there is a scenario now where MWC stays intact on this. Unless the Pac 12 tries to poach some of the Big 12 newbies (no idea how those contracts would work). I could see Houston and BYU being attractive to the Pac.
                I don't think the PAC will accept BYU for religious reasons. The PAC as is, is pretty snobby about everything. It's also why Boise was never considered because of academics.

IF the XII takes four more from the PAC, on top of the two they're maybe losing to the B1G, some of those barriers may lower. Which is why I could see them adding SDSU if they lose six and take a couple of other academic "black sheep" by conference standards. I still don't see them making a BYU exception and maybe not even Boise.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Also very likely that USC and UCLA are just the big moves and the big 10 tries to grab two more to not have them out on an island.
                  B1G goes to 20 with USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon and Washington.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Options I'm seeing.

Important to note that the Big 12 currently has a more lucrative media deal than the PAC-12. I've seen speculation that the Big 12 would likely poach Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State. If that happens, I would suspect AFA and CSU might look attractive to the PAC-12 (unfortunately).

Comment

I don't think the PAC will accept BYU for religious reasons. The PAC as is, is pretty snobby about everything.It's also why Boise was never considered because of academics.

IF the XII takes four more from the PAC, on top of the two they're maybe losing to the B1G, some of those barriers may lower. Which is why I could see them adding SDSU if they lose six and take a couple of other academic "black sheep" by conference standards. I still don't see them making a BYU exception and maybe not even Boise.
                      I'm going to guess a lot of previous "roadblocks" magically get removed when you are talking about conference survival.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Important to note that the Big 12 currently has a more lucrative media deal than the PAC-12. I've seen speculation that the Big 12 would likely poach Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State. If that happens, I would suspect AFA and CSU might look attractive to the PAC-12 (unfortunately).
                        That's possible .. though with 6 gone from the Pac 12 ... is the Pac 12 still attractive to them? Maybe moreso than the AAC unless Air Force really wants to play all the texas schools like the military schools like.

Comment

Deep thought that just hit me: Conference realignment is a macrocosm of the portal and realignment.

Okay, deep for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Deep thought that just hit me: Conference realignment is a macrocosm of the portal and realignment.

Okay, deep for me anyway.
                            And everyone outside of the Power 5 teams are just farm teams.

Comment

That's possible .. though with 6 gone from the Pac 12 ... is the Pac 12 still attractive to them? Maybe moreso than the AAC unless Air Force really wants to play all the texas schools like the military schools like.
                              I would be happy to add CSU and AFA. I don't think the AAC could poach from anywhere else since the Mouse owns the rights to the ACC (the other league I could see imploding with the the PAC-12) and the Big 12 might actually be safe for once.

Comment

Seems potentially unlikely the PAC stays a power conference. They're in a far worse spot than the B12 was last year. Seems downhill is the only way forward for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X