No announcement yet.

As to the announcement of Shaq Morris playing for the After Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys think Greg Heiar took a lateral move for his career advancement? There are a lot of things that weren't ever discussed in public that happened under 3Gs watch. Yes, he was a meanie that won a **** ton of games and was loved by many.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think the people on this forum are much more in the camp that Marshall should have been retained. Which makes sense considering the love for basketball here. In conversations with people that aren't quite as die hards .. it appears to me it was much more of a 50/50 split of people that though he should have been fired for his outbursts and behaviors.

it was a no win situation for sure. No matter what a large chunk of the fanbase (and likely donors) were going to be POed.
      They need to come out of the closet and list the reasons for their actions to pay $7 Million to rid themselves. I’ve heard lots of reasons that other people have heard from others. Almost ALL of these reasons were 4th person or more. I want to know more about their reasoning and decision making criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        You guys think Greg Heiar took a lateral move for his career advancement? There are a lot of things that weren't ever discussed in public that happened under 3Gs watch. Yes, he was a meanie that won a **** ton of games and was loved by many.
        Greg H. Went to LSU as the Associate Head Coach and an increase in salary. Marshall should have offered him that position here but he didn’t, and that’s on GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

They need to come out of the closet and list the reasons for their actions to pay $7 Million to rid themselves. I’ve heard lots of reasons that other people have heard from others. Almost ALL of these reasons were 4th person or more. I want to know more about their reasoning and decision making criteria.
          Yea, that's likely never going to happen. Under legal lock and key. So we just have to go on the info we have.... both sides gave up 7 million instead of letting it go public.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, that's likely never going to happen. Under legal lock and key. So we just have to go on the info we have.... both sides gave up 7 million instead of letting it go public.
            Maybe. But that’s not good enough and the story won’t die, maybe for decades, or never.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Who exactly are these "many" you speak of?
              Talk to some of the people in the private sector (not big donors). Much like Mangino at KU, the firings had as much or more to do with what happens off the court/field and away from the university. I say this as a person who, if the Shaq incident did happen as believed, and SM attacked a fellow smaller teammate, I fully support a coach in handling it exactly the way it has been reported.

Comment

There’s a good chance the decision making isn’t that exciting at all from a business perspective. WSU was a completely different school with entirely different leadership when Gregg was hired. My first year at WSU was 2007 and the Innovation Campus wasn’t even a whisper then.
                Change in leadership/direction the school was heading/having a target on his back due to being the highest paid employee in the athletic department may of been what doomed him.. It doesn’t take much, especially when we wasn’t ready to embrace that target at all with his bad behavior after he got awarded his pay day. Hell, I remember hearing faculty complaining about his salary to their class in 2007 lol

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

There’s a good chance the decision making isn’t that exciting at all from a business perspective. WSU was a completely different school with entirely different leadership when Gregg was hired. My first year at WSU was 2007 and the Innovation Campus wasn’t even a whisper then.
                  Change in leadership/direction the school was heading/having a target on his back due to being the highest paid employee in the athletic department may of been what doomed him.. It doesn’t take much, especially when we wasn’t ready to embrace that target at all with his bad behavior after he got awarded his pay day. Hell, I remember hearing faculty complaining about his salary to their class in 2007 lol
                  Very little of his salary was paid by the school. It was almost all paid by big donors and from what I’ve heard, many of them aren’t happy with how this went down. The faculty didn’t seem to matter to them.

Comment

Very little of his salary was paid by the school. It was almost all paid by big donors and from what I’ve heard, many of them aren’t happy with how this went down. The faculty didn’t seem to matter to them.
                    It literally doesn’t matter at all where the money came from. People are that petty at any work place, the mere fact that they knew how much he made painted a huge target on Gregg’s back. Keep in mind, this isn’t KU. WSU is more worried $100 million dollar Air Force research contracts and community support…. And then sports.
                    You get some out of control coach who clearly isn’t receiving the mental health therapy he needed and wasn’t winning national championships as he made the university look bad on a national level, it’s a no brainer business decision. Let him go, eat the money

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Greg H. Went to LSU as the Associate Head Coach and an increase in salary. Marshall should have offered him that position here but he didn’t, and that’s on GM.
                      Some revisionist history going on here. GH left because CJ came back and Marshall made him AHC instead of GH. GH thought he deserved it so he took an AHC position at LSU.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Some revisionist history going on here. GH left because CJ came back and Marshall made him AHC instead of GH. GH thought he deserved it so he took an AHC position at LSU.
                        I don’t quibble with your version, and I don’t agree that what I said was revisionist history. With either version, GH was promoted to AHC at LSU instead is WSU, and GM made a mistake by not promoting him imo. CJ left for NMSU in just a few months afterward.

Comment

I don’t quibble with your version, and I don’t agree that what I said was revisionist history. With either version, GH was promoted to AHC at LSU instead is WSU, and GM made a mistake by not promoting him imo. CJ left for NMSU in just a few months afterward.
                          If you think that at that time, GH was a better coach than CJ, I don’t know what to tell you. Marshall absolutely made the right decision.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                            If you think that at that time, GH was a better coach than CJ, I don’t know what to tell you. Marshall absolutely made the right decision.
                            Yes for four months. But it didn’t even go into the next season. CJ moved on too quickly. Wrong for the future.

Comment

Yes for four months. But it didn’t even go into the next season. CJ moved on too quickly. Wrong for the future.
                              Yes, but GM can’t see into the future.

Comment

• Four months? Try four days.

What I remember hearing was that Wookie wanted to bring Chris to sCUm as an assistant. 3G was like “Oh hell no,” and elevated Chris to one of the assistants (specifically AHC), which made Heiar have to look elsewhere.

Then within a day or two, Chris went to Gregg and said it was horrible timing but that NMSU contacted him about head job. Chris said that he’d turn it down if Gregg asked him to. Gregg acknowledged that there are only 350ish of these jobs and gave his blessing to pursue it.

Knowing how it played out, I wished we would have kept Heiar because he was far better than what Donnie Jones ended up being. However, at the time, you would take CJ over GH eleven times out of ten…and that comes from someone who loves GH.

EDIT: Not sure if picture shows it, but GoShockers news archive shows Chris being promoted to AHC on April 13, 2017 but then leaving to take NMSU job on April 17.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Last edited by WuShock16; June 26, 2022, 01:28 PM.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X