Hinson to SIU being reported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinson to SIU being reported

It is being reported Barry Hinson will be the new coach at SIU.

Flame away ugh

I have no problem with Hinson's coaching ability. I would be a bit surprised that he would return to the Valley, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
      I have no problem with Hinson's coaching ability. I would be a bit surprised that he would return to the Valley, though.

Being reported on St.Louis Radio and there is a presser at 3:30 This hire would suck on so many levels

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        Ditto...Just check his coaching record. Always liked his teams.

Comment

On what levels does it suck?

Comment

9 years at Mo State average record was 17-13 zero MVC titles or NCAA bids ZERO

Yea they got screwed one year but ugh

Comment

Hinson is a great guy and I think a good coach. I actually think it'll be a good hire for them.

Comment

Good for you guys for us not so much.

Comment

If this proves true, I think it shows just how far Lowery drove SIU into the abyss. It looks like Moccia (AD) couldn't get interest from current HCs or top assistants. And no former SIU HC/assistant (ie. Weber and Watson) is going to want to go there and risk failure.

So he went and got KU's DOBO who knows the Valley. The upside is that he isn't likely to use all of his recruiting budget!

Comment

Here is the first news report of it link.

Comment

I personally wish him well. We need more quality basketball in the Valley and SIU has no where to go but up. I'm tired of once we get out of pre-season play, we have little chance to raise our RPI.

Comment

Interesting hire...SIU could certainly have done worse. I wonder if he'll keep his focus on local talent like he did at MSU (and how much of that focus was driven by the school) Also, I wonder how much focus on coaching he was able to do while at KU...it sounds like it was very DOBO-centric

Comment

What happened with Bruce Weber?
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Twitter says an SIU official is denying that they have hired Hinson.

How predictable.

- Source says school is interested
                            - School says no talks have occurred
                            - Source says school close to making hire
                            - Coach/school says they have only talked
                            - Source says hire will be announce
                            - School says hire has not been made
                            - Presser at 3pm

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              If this proves true, I think it shows just how far Lowery drove SIU into the abyss. It looks like Moccia (AD) couldn't get interest from current HCs or top assistants. And no former SIU HC/assistant (ie. Weber and Watson) is going to want to go there and risk failure.

So he went and got KU's DOBO who knows the Valley. The upside is that he isn't likely to use all of his recruiting budget!
                              I think SIU may also have been somewhat financially constrained in terms of the kind of pay package they could put toghether, although I guess that remains to be seen. Barry is used to being paid on the cheap.

I don't know if Barry is the best hire for SIU. He is probably the safe hire. Great guy. Good personality.

If I was SIU I probably would have tried something like Jim Schause did at Ohio. A well-respected, experienced assistant fron a successful program.

In any case, I wish Barry well if he is, in fact, the guy. We need SIU to be much better than they have been in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                              X