• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

He was working on the Pensky file
    I'm not sure he is Pensky material.

Comment

• Onegreatracer is the MVP for 2022. His call to action might have very well saved us from a much darker period.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm not sure he is Pensky material.

Comment

• This guy reminds me of Jim Schaus. Probably more energy though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            We know the previous AD was bad...but I didn't realize how bad. Lol. This new AD is obviously a PRO!!! Too bad we didn't have him when the iron was HOT and we were dancing for all those consecutive years. A little bit of a rebuild now...but things look to be trending back to Shocker athletetics as we knew them a short while ago!

Go SHOCKS!!!
            He probably wasn't ready yet. He is young and need some experience. But he sounds spot-on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              Onegreatracer is the MVP for 2022. His call to action might have very well saved us from a much darker period.
              My thoughts exactly. One more chance to reflect and bask in the glow of the recent call to action that got some crap done. We all played a part in turning this thing around. Thank you again Onegreatracer for leading the charge from this end.

Comment

• And thankfully Muma is no paper tiger.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Continued barrage

Go Shockers - WSU Athletics Set to Launch NIL Marketplace with Opendorse

"Opendorse's NIL Marketplace is an important pathway for our student-athletes and the Wichita State community to facilitate NIL opportunities," Wichita State Director of Athletics Kevin Saal said. "At Wichita State, we understand the importance of NIL and we fully support our student-athletes positively building one's brand and earning from their NIL."

Every Wichita State student-athlete will receive an Opendorse profile, which they can customize and promote to fans on their personal social media channels. Student-athletes review opportunities, receive deals, accept compensation, and disclose NIL activities to their institution, all within the Opendorse app.

"Wichita State has been committed to providing its student-athletes with NIL support since the beginning," said Opendorse senior director of collegiate partnerships Tim Pederson. "The launch of their NIL Marketplace is the next step in enhancing opportunities for every athlete. Any fan or brand can confidently offer compliant NIL deals to their favorite Shockers student-athletes in just seconds."

The Opendorse-powered marketplace is built on a decade of athlete marketing technology and experience. Opendorse has facilitated hundreds of thousands of NIL deals and endorsements with athletes at every level of sports. The marketplace is used by over 75,000 athletes to manage deals from pitch to payment, and even tax prep, every day.

The NIL company launched its initial school-specific NIL marketplaces throughout the spring of 2022. Student-athletes at these institutions experienced a 193% increase in NIL opportunities in the first month after the marketplace's launch.
                  Last edited by SubGod22; August 23, 2022, 08:53 AM. Reason: Fix link
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Link didn't work for me

Wichita State athletics has partnered with Opendorse to form the Wichita State Shockers NIL Marketplace, which will launch August 29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Thanks for the heads up, original link appears to be working now.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Kelly Kelly?

Comment

• There has been quite a bit of publicity of the "Alston Funds". Does anyone have information of what a WSU athlete has to do, academically, to tap into these funds? I would imagine that it is up to each school to decide the parameters to receive the money, but what is it at WSU?

Is it according to the athlete's GPA? Does the athlete have to make the "Honor Roll", or is it higher?

"WSU to begin tapping into its “Alston Funds” to provide up to $5,980 to every student-athlete based on academic achievement. A 2019 court ruling established that every school is allowed to compensate student-athletes up to $5,980 for academic achievement, but it is up to each school to decide whether or not to shell out the money."

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              There has been quite a bit of publicity of the "Alston Funds". Does anyone have information of what a WSU athlete has to do, academically, to tap into these funds? I would imagine that it is up to each school to decide the parameters to receive the money, but what is it at WSU?

Is it according to the athlete's GPA? Does the athlete have to make the "Honor Roll", or is it higher?

"WSU to begin tapping into its “Alston Funds” to provide up to $5,980 to every student-athlete based on academic achievement. A 2019 court ruling established that every school is allowed to compensate student-athletes up to $5,980 for academic achievement, but it is up to each school to decide whether or not to shell out the money."

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                              My quick google search looks like it is left up to the school to define criteria. So "didn't drop out" could be sufficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

My quick google search looks like it is left up to the school to define criteria. So "didn't drop out" could be sufficient.
                                Breathes.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X