The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Do they not post Sports Sunday online anywhere to be seen? I was on my phone a bit ago and couldn't find anything. Unless I was on the wrong news site.... It is KWCH isn't it?
    I think that is right. I could not find anything either. Now that all these TV and radio stations are part of audacy.com there doesn't seem to be as much local stuff available for replay.

Comment

• “I (He) gets around ('round, get around, 'round, 'round)”…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lookin’ to get WSU into the Big 12!

Better Call Saal, indeed! >;-)
        The Assman

Comment

• Worth a listen

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...isode-271.html

Info on softball stadium improvement, Cessna Stadium, and women’s soccer. About at the 32m mark.
          Last edited by Veritas; August 15, 2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Worth a listen

Info on softball stadium improvement, Cessna Stadium, and women’s soccer.
            -Softball stadium improvement
            ​​​-A decision on Cessna
            -A decision about a new track stadium
            ​​​-Possibly adding women’s soccer

This could be looked at as WSU dotting some I’s and crossing some T’s before they get real serious about talking football

Comment

• I love listening to Saal.

I love his attention to detail and his passion for the job.

Improved game day experience is in the works for men's basketball.

High praise for Kristi.

They're working towards a facility master plan for athletics. Six to seven month process.

Adding batting cages for softball. 3rd base dugout expansion and upgrading lighting. Potential use of some Heskett Center space that's currently unused for locker rooms and offices and what not. Possibly building an attached structure to the 3rd base side that would house everything you would need for softball.

Sounds like there will be some Cessna progress in the near future. He did throw out the women's soccer possibility. I'd love to see that.

Talked about the importance of building relationships and how it takes time to truly establish it.

Lack of effort and vision is not going to be a problem.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Would love to have had both him and Bardo at the same time. What a dynamic duo that would have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Worth a listen

Info on softball stadium improvement, Cessna Stadium, and women’s soccer. About at the 32m mark.
                  Thanks for posting this!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Agreed. Very much worthwhile to take the 45 minutes or so and listen. Hopefully the funding comes in for all he mentioned. It would be incredible to get done. I’ve always loved the idea of repurposing Hesket beings there is a Y now on campus.

Oh and Cessna…yes, please. Soonest.

Again, hope the $ show, or they are just dreams. But, ADKS does sound like a guy who will get it done.

Comment

• Ahh. Women’s soccer. The only soccer worth watching.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Someone needs to pitch beach volleyball to him.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Someone needs to pitch beach volleyball to him.
                          I'm pretty sure Lambo tried to get that added at one point. He at least mentioned it, but it's been years. I want to say Stockman was still playing at that point.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He talked about building personal relationships with Wichitans. I’ve heard he had one meeting with Charles. I would think Charles, Liz, and Chase are at the top of that list, and I hope that he can make headway.

Comment

• Sports Talk 1240 had AD Saal on today talking about NIL and the things coming up next week. Podcast is available on the KFH website. Our AD will be on the show every other Weds for the foreseeable future. A couple of new NIL initiatives to be announced next week. Feels that we are still several months behind where WSU should be but working hard to catch up. I have heard more interviews with AD Saal in two months than I did in the entire time of our former AD. This guy really sounds sharp and I have much confidence in his tenure.
                              Last edited by pogo; August 18, 2022, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X