The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

An interim HC isn't going to help. If he were fired today or at the end of the season it's all the same in that regard
    An interim head coach might improve our game day experience.

Comment

An interim HC isn't going to help. If he were fired today or at the end of the season it's all the same in that regard
      Maybe... I'd still be working the lines to see if there are any good coaches that currently aren't coaching that would be interested that would be a good hire. Off the top of my head I can't think of any like there were when Marshall was fired.

Comment

I agree with most of your posts but not this one. I would can IB and elevate Kennedy asap. I'm not sure any of the assistants are of
        any value except for recruiting purposes. Give Kennedy the rest of the season to see if he can mold some pretty reasonable talent into a respectable team by January.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Maybe... I'd still be working the lines to see if there are any good coaches that currently aren't coaching that would be interested that would be a good hire. Off the top of my head I can't think of any like there were when Marshall was fired.
          Heck, bring in Kyle Lindsted to finish the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

I agree with most of your posts but not this one. I would can IB and elevate Kennedy asap. I'm not sure any of the assistants are of
            any value except for recruiting purposes. Give Kennedy the rest of the season to see if he can mold some pretty reasonable talent into a respectable team by January.
            Why? So Saal feels he should continue to ride with the hot interim coach and then we're back where we are now?

Let Brown finish a horrible season and make it really easy to completely move on. Getting rid of him now only gives fans a temporary relief that the Brown Era would be over and it would cost the department more money and achieve next to nothing.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Why? So Saal feels he should continue to ride with the hot interim coach and then we're back where we are now?

Let Brown finish a horrible season and make it really easy to completely move on. Getting rid of him now only gives fans a temporary relief that the Brown Era would be over and it would cost the department more money and achieve next to nothing.
              Yea, let's not fire mid season unless we have something lined up. Interim is a bad idea as we saw last time.

Comment

• I'd much prefer a "hot" interim coach to what we have now which is a disaster. I'd rather have Bush than IB. I've seen too much evidence that IB just isn't a D1 or even a D2 level coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  I'd much prefer a "hot" interim coach to what we have now which is a disaster. I'd rather have Bush than IB. I've seen too much evidence that IB just isn't a D1 or even a D2 level coach.
                  Yes, but what if that interim coach rides the excitement to a COY .. then gets hired .. .then when he has to do it all from scratch it falls apart. That's exactly how we ended up with IB. WSU was painted into a corner and did what they had to (since the previous AD was lazy and didn't start a search right away).

This season is what it is so either A: we wait til later in the year then can actually pick from ACTIVE coaches to try to find a replacement or B: We find someone that isn't currently coaching that would be a great hire and we fire early.

Comment

• If only they could have got Thad Matta to sign up…
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      If only they could have got Thad Matta to sign up…
                      Probably would have just taken a phone call... But ADDB wasn't paid enough to do that apparently

Comment

Unlikely, but a few notable coaches currently at home:

Mark Turgeon (feels like this is the only one that could make sense)
                        John Beilein (pretty old)
                        Will Wade (big cheater, decent coach though)
                        Chris Mack (kind of mediocre)

ADKS did hire Steve Prohm before leaving Murray State so that could also be one to watch if he does okay there over the next few weeks/months/years (unclear how long HCIB has at this point lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Mark Turgeon
                          John Beilein
                          Will Wade
                          Chris Mack
                          I could go for any of those except Wade. Too much crap associated with him for not a ton of success

Comment

I could go for any of those except Wade. Too much crap associated with him for not a ton of success
                            If ADKS manages to get the donor support to buyout HCIB he deserves a lifetime contract

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Mark Turgeon (feels like this is the only one that could make sense)
                              John Beilein (pretty old)
                              Will Wade (big cheater, decent coach though)
                              Chris Mack (kind of mediocre)

ADKS did hire Steve Prohm before leaving Murray State so that could also be one to watch if he does okay there over the next few weeks/months/years (unclear how long HCIB has at this point lol)
                              I struggle with this one.

Outside his family and inner circle, there aren’t too many people who adore Mark more than I do.

On the other hand, I don’t think he has it in him to bring program back to the ridiculous heights that we experienced over the 2010s decade. And even if he brought some success, I don’t think he would want to coach much past 5-10 years tops. Our next coach needs to be a long-term coach.

On the other hand, I guaran ****ing tee that he’d be 100 times better than the $#!+ show that we are experiencing now.
                              78-65

Comment

• It would be great to land an enthusiastic coach that has history of leading a smaller school, maybe on east coast to multiple years of tournament success.
                                If that coach was defensive minded and team oriented that developed NBA talent that would be a plus.
                                Maybe even a guy who lead fund raising and a transition of a mid-major program to national prominence. A Final Four appearance would be nice.
                                And if that guy was available without a buy- out to another school, that would be amazing.
                                If only such a guy existed....
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X