No announcement yet.

Colby Rogers is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have stated, on principle, I have no problem with Colby sitting this season. It’s not Siena’s fault. He already used his free transfer.

It’s just that it seems that WSU is never on the winning side of this. ****ing TP transferred 3 ****ing times and never ****ing once had to sit out a season. The same offseason that Gregg willing let a Top 100ish recruit go play for a conference foe, Teddy Allen didn’t get approved for a hardship transfer to play right away.

Consistency is all I ask for.
    Last edited by WuShock16; November 12, 2022, 03:35 PM.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

M,
      You hitting the bottle early this AM?
      I couldn't have been more clear about my point and it had little to do with Bilas.

Take a couple minutes, get a cup of coffee in you and read my post again. My point is about school hopping players and the insanity currently taking place.
      Have a nice day.

That is all.
      Is this Downtown SB or SR? I don’t care what Siena or Bilas thinks. The rule should be consistently applied for all. Just say a player has a one time transfer without penalty, and then apply it every time.

Comment

Until every other player that wasn't run off gets denied a waiver... I expect our players to get the same treatment as the rest. Right now they don't.

The fact that the previous coach not only gets an input... But it appears to be the most important input is a major flaw. Too much risk of "jilted ex" mentality.

Realistically the Siena coach had two options

Option 1: Sign the waiver form
        He loses his top scorer
        Likely no positive or negative press about it. He just gets to go on his way and can point to him helping out his players whether it works out or not at Siena as a positive on the recruiting trail.

Option 2: Don't sign the waiver
        Still loses his top scorer
        Gets a bunch of negative press about him not helping a former player.
        This WILL be used against in him recruiting about how he doesn't give a crap about his players unless it benefits him.

He chose the side with ALL negative options.
        Last edited by Stickboy46; November 12, 2022, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

I would call out Siena publicly (again) schedule them in any sport they have and thrash them at every chance.

Comment

Why? Because they followed the rules? If people want the merry-go-round of transfers to slow down, more schools should be like this and not sign run-off waivers for players that weren't run off.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Why? Because they followed the rules? If people want the merry-go-round of transfers to slow down, more schools should be like this and not sign run-off waivers for players that weren't run off.
                What rules though? 99% of transfers get waivers. The fact that the previous coach not only has a say but appears to have the ENTIRE say in whether a waiver is granted is poor practice. What's the point of having a process if it just boils down to whether the old coach is vindictive or not.

Its ok to both not like the state of transfers while also recognizing that Siena and their coach did something that benefitted literally no one just out of spite. Basically saying "if I can't have him this year, no one can".

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

What rules though? 99% of transfers get waivers. The fact that the previous coach not only has a say but appears to have the ENTIRE say in whether a waiver is granted is poor practice. What's the point of having a process if it just boils down to whether the old coach is vindictive or not.

Its ok to both not like the state of transfers while also recognizing that Siena and their coach did something that benefitted literally no one just out of spite. Basically saying "if I can't have him this year, no one can".
                  99% get waivers because most everyone will sign the run-ff waiver regardless. The previous coach doesn't have the entire say. What was Rogers argument for getting a special waiver after having used his one-time freebie? It wasn't playing time. I'm guessing he wasn't under any duress while in that program. He didn't transfer to be closer to an ill relative or closer to home because he was homesick.

Everyone bitches about all of the transfers and the no consequences. Not allowing kids to transfer every year with no consequences would be a good thing. Maybe the NCAA should just do away with the run-off waiver since it's apparently abused/misused all of the time. Maybe it should just be a flat one time transfer and that is it. The run-off waiver was there to not punish kids who were getting pushed out of programs because they were being recruited over. Not to allow the free flow of transfers regardless of reasons.

Fewer run-off waivers should be signed. I have zero issue with the Sienna coach saying that he didn't run Rogers off and wanted him to be a part of their program. I wish more coaches took the approach of the Sienna coach.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It is crazy that the system provides cover for a vindictive coach because doing the decent thing requires lying.

Comment

99% get waivers because most everyone will sign the run-ff waiver regardless. The previous coach doesn't have the entire say. What was Rogers argument for getting a special waiver after having used his one-time freebie? It wasn't playing time. I'm guessing he wasn't under any duress while in that program. He didn't transfer to be closer to an ill relative or closer to home because he was homesick.

Everyone bitches about all of the transfers and the no consequences. Not allowing kids to transfer every year with no consequences would be a good thing. Maybe the NCAA should just do away with the run-off waiver since it's apparently abused/misused all of the time. Maybe it should just be a flat one time transfer and that is it. The run-off waiver was there to not punish kids who were getting pushed out of programs because they were being recruited over. Not to allow the free flow of transfers regardless of reasons.

Fewer run-off waivers should be signed. I have zero issue with the Sienna coach saying that he didn't run Rogers off and wanted him to be a part of their program. I wish more coaches took the approach of the Sienna coach.
                      Gonna agree and disagree on points. I agree the Run-Off shouldn't even be used with the 1 time waiver .. but it is. It also right now is generally accepted that it's signed for a bunch of reasons including ones that don't include running a player off. The NCAA does nothing to enforce it. So until the NCAA starts enforcing it fairly or they get rid of it .. I'm going to call it BS that the Siena coach "took the high ground" by taking the form word for word vs the way it's actually used in practice. Siena and their coach gain nothing by being assholes about this. Colby isn't coming back. New recruits will see this and second guess going there. He's just being spiteful instead of spending 5 seconds to sign a form so a kid can go to a situation that he feels is better for him. He's not putting wrench in the process and stopping the carousel. 99% of waivers will still be granted. Nothing positive has changed by him making a stand. If he wants to make a stand, then he should be lobbying the NCAA to change the rules. Not holding it against a kid who doesn't want to play for him anymore.
                      Last edited by Stickboy46; December 2, 2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

So Siena gets to be petty and classless and the Shox get screwed once again. F them and their entire coaching staff and athletic department. I hope they never take a kid on his second transfer and ask for an exception. My guess is we would see their Holier than Thou attitude change. Good news is that it is one less year for IB and crew to mess Rogers development up.

Comment

exactly

Comment

Be prepared for him to transfer at the end of this season to a school that needs a shooter, get the waiver from WSU and play right away.

Get ready for it to happen, and don't be mad when it does.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Be prepared for him to transfer at the end of this season to a school that needs a shooter, get the waiver from WSU and play right away.

Get ready for it to happen, and don't be mad when it does.
                              And an entire new roster...rinse and repeat...while TSF snowflakes act surprised while armed with a whole new set of excuses that the team is young, new and just needs time to gel.

Comment

Good luck on the recuiting trail Coach Carm, you jackass.

Comment

Working...
                                X