Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colby Rogers is a Shocker

Comment

Oh great. Sounds like he'll need a waiver to play immediately...history is not on the Shox side with that. Also, somebody needs to get Mom and Dad some Shocker swag!

Comment

Now this one moves the needle!!! Great get
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Yep, this is wonderful.

Comment

How Wichita State basketball fans convinced Siena transfer Colby Rogers to commit

“I didn’t really know what to expect coming to Wichita, but what jumped out to me is the fan support in the city and how they live and breathe Wichita State basketball,” Rogers told The Eagle. “It’s hard for me to not appreciate that kind of fan support, especially in my case coming from two smaller schools. I think playing in front of (WSU fans) and having that kind of support on a consistent basis at home can be a game-changer. That was too hard for me to pass up.”
            Guess nobody show him the numbers from this past season.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              How Wichita State basketball fans convinced Siena transfer Colby Rogers to commit

Guess nobody show him the numbers from this past season.
              Still higher attendance than a lot of college programs.

Comment

But a far cry from what he was talking about. There were a number of games last year with less than 50% butts in seats. Official numbers will be inflated because we still had pretty good season ticket sales, they just weren't being used.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

These last 2 ships need to be a grand finale' finish. Then be ready for doing this reload every Season. Sign a point guard who is really a point guard and the best player we can find, preferably a big. Then when that is done, I'll recommend a pre- starting line up, because that's the daunting things we do on SN.

That gives us 15 players to run various combinations of 3 scrimmage teams. Have refs, along with grading the stats with a computer guru, and let's get ready for the new roster, expecting wholesale changes every Season. Not just from players deciding, but coaches upgrading rosters too. This sounds excessive, but it's all I got right now. to prevent the world of Div. 1 basketball to pass us by.

P.S. We need an excellent A.D. to calm and correct this self- inflicted storm surrounding us.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    These last 2 ships need to be a grand finale' finish. Then be ready for doing this reload every Season. Sign a point guard who is really a point guard and the best player we can find, preferably a big. Then when that is done, I'll recommend a pre- starting line up, because that's the daunting things we do on SN.

That gives us 15 players to run various combinations of 3 scrimmage teams. Have refs, along with grading the stats with a computer guru, and let's get ready for the new roster, expecting wholesale changes every Season. Not just from players deciding, but coaches upgrading rosters too. This sounds excessive, but it's all I got right now. to prevent the world of Div. 1 basketball to pass us by.

P.S. We need an excellent A.D. to calm and correct this self- inflicted storm surrounding us.
                    To use a baseball analogy, I think the coaching staff is swinging for the fences on their last two pitches. They will likely end up with either a home run or a strikeout. 4* and 5* guys aren't necessary for a home run. Those guys aren't playing in our ball park.

Comment

Eagle - How Wichita State basketball newcomer Colby Rogers became an elite three-point threat

The story of how new Wichita State sharpshooter Colby Rogers acquired his sweet shooting stroke begins with a bored sixth-grader growing up in Covington, Georgia.

The NBA’s Atlanta Hawks were just 40 minutes away, but Rogers fell in love with the game of basketball playing in a town with a population roughly the same size as Andover.

Rogers and his friend, Tyrease Brown, caught the eye of a coach in town and the duo was invited to start training with the coach in a nearby gym. Free access to a gym in the summer to a pair of sixth-graders was enticing and they were eager to show what they could do 1-on-1.

“I showed up expecting to play, run up and down, and dribble, dribble, dribble,” Rogers said. “Instead, we did these boring, old-school shooting form drills every day. There were definitely some days I hated it because it was so boring.”

Rogers didn’t know it at the time, but he was building the groundwork for what would become the greatest strength to his game.
                      Sounds like his status is still up in the air.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

For those of you with twitter, tag any and all CBB writers to see if we can get one of them to pick this up and help shame Siena

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

For those of you with twitter, tag any and all CBB writers to see if we can get one of them to pick this up and help shame Siena
                          I saw that someone had tagged Bilas
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I saw that someone had tagged Bilas
                            I tagged a bunch, but unfortunately Louisville getting their slap on the wrist was just announced so that's going to dominate the headlines and the national guys attention.

Comment

Unfortunately for Rogers and WSU, it doesn’t seem that they have any mitigating circumstances unless they are unwilling to make them public. Rogers had a good year at Siena and his coach did not run him off and he does not have the same attitude as Marshall and Brown about giving players releases who want to leave. I think that anyone who believes that Rogers should get immediate eligibility, with what is publicly known, is also for unlimited free transfers. After reading about Franklin at Memphis, it appears that he has some mitigating factors in his favor based on what the coach at UIC said and did. I haven’t seen any of that for Rogers, and it appears that Rogers was very aware that he migh

Comment

Working...
                              X