• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about....

Boatright is upset with the Previous Billboard
    WSU Threatens Lawsuit
    #SaveShockerSports.com

Keeps his name in the spotlight. Says nothing but truths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

The irony of WSU and ADDB. If I recall correctly, ADDB said on his interview with Bob Lutz that criticism was part of the job and it didn't bother him. LOL.
      Apparently that was a lie and this criticism upset him enough to get the lawyers involved.

What a douchecanoe
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It's obvious that WSU is going to continue to try and hide from all of this and not acknowledge his failures.

I'm planning on attending the TBT this summer and it's obvious DB will still be around. I have a couple #FireBoatright tee's on the way to make sure they're available for that.

They can't stop me being a walking billboard.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          It's obvious that WSU is going to continue to try and hide from all of this and not acknowledge his failures.

I'm planning on attending the TBT this summer and it's obvious DB will still be around. I have a couple #FireBoatright tee's on the way to make sure they're available for that.

They can't stop me being a walking billboard.
          Probably would leave it on under another shirt until you get in the door.

Too hilarious….

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

The irony of WSU and ADDB. If I recall correctly, ADDB said on his interview with Bob Lutz that criticism was part of the job and it didn't bother him. LOL.
            Correct. He’s a butthurt liar.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Plenty of billboard material in Taylor's article.

Comment

• Boatright is a public figure and the billboards concern the subject matter from which Boatright derives his status as a public figure.

The billboards are also clearly a statement of opinion.

There is absolutely no ground for WSU to file a lawsuit. Zero. None.

Any competent lawyer will advise them of the same. Nonetheless, WSU is threatening a SLAPP lawsuit to scare the billboards out of existence.

Thankfully, Kansas has anti-SLAPP legislation. Kan. Stat. Ann. § 60-5320(d) (2019). This more or less places the burden on WSU to supply evidence that shows it has a good chance of prevailing from the outset. If it can't (and the judge dismisses the case), then WSU has to pay the attorney's fees of the defendant.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• The problem is that it sounds like Lamar doesn't care if there's a legal case to be made. I'm not sure what kind of relationship or ad connections they have with WSU, but it sounds like they're choosing to preserve whatever that is than to support the completely legal free speech aspect of the billboard message.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Somebody needs to dust this kerfluffle up into a new article in the eagle. That will get more people paying attention than any billboard.

Perhaps a yard sign campaign. Just give people the artwork and tell them how to go to Office Depo and have a yard sign made.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      Somebody needs to dust this kerfluffle up into a new article in the eagle. That will get more people paying attention than any billboard.

Perhaps a yard sign campaign. Just give people the artwork and tell them how to go to Office Depo and have a yard sign made.
                      You must've read my mind...

Just talked to Taylor and a new Eagle article will be up shortly.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

As far as why they won’t leave the AAC, i’m honestly not surprised at this point:

-They vehemently refuse to bring back football because starting over at anything but D-1 isn’t a option

​​​-Adamantly refuse to use city venues for basketball and baseball when parking is a big problem at WSU

At the very least all’s I can say is that the people that run WSU don’t think outside the box very often
                        Who the hell wants to leave the AAC?

Even in its upcoming damaged and diluted state it is clearly superior to the MVC. The changes do bring it down more in line with the MWC and A10 with respect to MBB, but gah... you can keep the MVC. Freaking LOLoyola even had the sense and means to jump off that sinking ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Awesome!

Sunlight is a great disinfectant, and WSU athletics has become the soil underneath a large rock that hasn't moved in millennia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Wonder if Taylor can find a Lawyer in this field willing to give his opinion on the merits of a potential lawsuit. Having Taylor post that there is no merit based on legal advice might cause WSU to back down or Lamar be willing to stand pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder if Taylor can find a Lawyer in this field willing to give his opinion on the merits of a potential lawsuit. Having Taylor post that there is no merit based on legal advice might cause WSU to back down or Lamar be willing to stand pat.
                              I applaud Taylor for his coverage. In a way, he is sticking his neck out. There is always that risk he losses connections/ties with those internal to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

There is absolutely no ground for WSU to file a lawsuit. Zero. None.
                                I know I'm late to the party here, and I haven't read through everything by any stretch of the imagination, but is there any chance there's a misunderstand of "sue" and maybe WSU, who uses the billboards, has a clause in their contract with Lamar about running non WSU (for lack of a better definition) ads?

Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X