No announcement yet.

Fire Boatright Billboard Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete horseshit! They know they dont have a case. But they know we also don't have the money to fight. Use the public paid lawyers to scare.

I am embarassed to be part of this pathetic institution these days.

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised if the university is strong arming Lamar threatening to boycott their business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I'm no attorney but what grounds do they have? Great question about the comparison to public figures. Weird. And I'd be upset too if I were him. Tough crap!
        Politicians are protected by a law concerning public figures. Is butthead a public figure, no, but he is a public employee.
        Sounds like the board is working to me, getting attention. Now use the rest of the money to consult an attorney.

And get a copy of that letter to give local news.

Comment

• I have no problem with Lamar and even if they had straight up said they didn’t want to put up something of that nature that’d be their right. Wichita State threatening to sue is chicken**** BS. If the University and/or the Athletic Department had any sort of confidence in Boatright’s competency they wouldn’t give the billboard a second thought. Their hissy fit just shows that even they know they have a clown running the circus.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            I have no problem with Lamar and even if they had straight up said they didn’t want to put up something of that nature that’d be their right. Wichita State threatening to sue is chicken**** BS. If the University and/or the Athletic Department had any sort of confidence in Boatright’s competency they wouldn’t give the billboard a second thought. Their hissy fit just shows that even they know they have a clown running the circus.
            Major defensive move for sure.

Ironically their actions confirm everything that is being stated on the billboard and website.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              I’m sure Lamar just wants to stay out of the middle of this. Can’t say that I blame them.

Very interesting response and it explains a conversation I had yesterday. Might have to take that to the PMs.
              Oh you can't do this.

Well.... PM me.

Comment

• We have no attorneys on SN?

Comment

• Turn up the pressure, starts more marketing of t shirts.
                  Have a rally on campus and sell the shirts there.
                  Have fun with it and butthead will surrender in shame.

Comment

I’m sure Lamar just wants to stay out of the middle of this. Can’t say that I blame them.

Very interesting response and it explains a conversation I had yesterday. Might have to take that to the PMs.
                    Keep me in the loop if it's relevant to the situation.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

There have been defamation lawsuits over billboards, so I imagine Lamar is going to want to avoid that at all costs, so to speak. I think though you have the perfect content for a blog post on the site. Create a blog post with a screenshot of the billboard and then include WSU's response to Lamar about it in the blog post. Then maybe put a link to the post at the top of the home page of the site with the caption of 'See the billboard that made WSU and Boatright mad' or something along those lines. You could tweet out the blog post and you or others could tweet it out to the local sports people and radio personalities, maybe even some national sports people. If the media picks up on the story, that's a lot of free advertising and gets the word out about what the billboard is trying to accomplish. Basically, use WSU's response to the billboard against them.
                      Blog post writeup will also be up tomorrow.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I’m curious if you are in a story telling mood
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• People inside WSU athletics seem to want to defend DB to the end. I'm not sure why, and they all seem dead set on it. If there are these inside reasons, we as the public need to know them. Sooner than later.

Comment

• This billboard is solely based on opinions of fans driven by unacceptable results and business practices. There is no likeness, invasion of privacy or copyright issues as no logos or private photos were used.

Maybe Lamar has some sort of contractual relationship with WSU that would cause this to be a conflict of interest on their part.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              This billboard is solely based on opinions of fans driven by unacceptable results and business practices. There is no likeness, invasion of privacy or copyright issues as no logos or private photos were used.

Maybe Lamar has some sort of contractual relationship with WSU that would cause this to be a conflict of interest on their part.

Would say that is likely and the "legal" threat could just be to put pressure on us to change it

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                                People inside WSU athletics seem to want to defend DB to the end. I'm not sure why, and they all seem dead set on it. If there are these inside reasons, we as the public need to know them. Sooner than later.
                                As far as why they won’t leave the AAC, i’m honestly not surprised at this point:

-They vehemently refuse to bring back football because starting over at anything but D-1 isn’t a option

​​​-Adamantly refuse to use city venues for basketball and baseball when parking is a big problem at WSU

At the very least all’s I can say is that the people that run WSU don’t think outside the box very often

Comment

Working...
                                X