No announcement yet.

Fire Boatright Billboard Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe see if ******* wants to see if there is more dirt....
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Interesting that they want to use taxpayer funded lawyers to sue about billboards? Is that in the budget?

Comment

• 3G was the fall guy for a larger coverup by the WSU administration. It’s why his payout was so big. WSU needs this to stay under the rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          I’m sure Lamar just wants to stay out of the middle of this. Can’t say that I blame them.

Very interesting response and it explains a conversation I had yesterday. Might have to take that to the PMs.
          Please PM me if you get the chance. Thanks!
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Please PM me if you get the chance. Thanks!
            Same
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              3G was the fall guy for a larger coverup by the WSU administration. It’s why his payout was so big. WSU needs this to stay under the rug.
              Even if he wasn’t; why try to hide something that isn’t there??

I agree though. Something stinks.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Very disappointed but not surprised to share this news.

Wichita State Univ has reached out to Lamar and threatened legal action over the billboards. Mr Boatright is "very upset". I have been informed we will need to change the design to something that doesn't "attack" Boatright to keep the ads running. Not sure where to go from here.

I've been a Shocker fan all my life. Most of my athletic wear has a Shocker logo on it somewhere. I've been proud of it when the hoops program was in the dump and when they were on top of the world. I have never felt this much apathy towards the university as a whole. We pay Boatright's salary as donors and taxpayers. We are the ones who support the program. But when we call coming wanting to draw attention to making a change after our voices fell on deaf ears, this is how they respond. Not a dialogue, not even a direct statement or email to us personally, but straight to legal threats. Never heard of that even with other schools "fire (person)" billboards.

Bunch of pus****.
                Legal action over that billboard would be a HUGE and obvious attempt to stifle free speech. I'm starting to get the feeling that the Board of Regents was so pissed that they hired their greatest hire ever done with Bardo to WSU, that they've decided to go with the worst candidate they could find ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  3G was the fall guy for a larger coverup by the WSU administration. It’s why his payout was so big. WSU needs this to stay under the rug.
                  The guy who got the 37.5% raise is the guy who made sure Marshall got fired when it should have been him for not taking care of problems under his authority.

Comment

• Just keep to facts.

37% raise for what?
                    Since 2016
                    67% drop in Donor Contribution
                    69% drop in ticket sales
                    29% drop in Coporate Donations

SAVESHOCKERSPORTS.COM

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

The guy who got the 37.5% raise is the guy who made sure Marshall got fired when it should have been him for not taking care of problems under his authority.
                      DB was just a puppet

Comment

• Try taking the Ayn Rand, John Galt approach. " 'Save Shocker Sports' , You Know Who I Am"! That way no name mentioned, even though everyone knows who we are talking about.

Comment

• I figured the Lamar billboard wouldn't last. KU fans tried to do this with their AD several years ago with the same result and Lamar caved.....

Comment

• Whatever the billboard is changed to, the message should be something about how to WSU leadership is ok with mediocrity and doesn't care about the fans. Resorts to bullying to hush those wanting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                              Whatever the billboard is changed to, the message should be something about how to WSU leadership is ok with mediocrity and doesn't care about the fans. Resorts to bullying to hush those wanting better.
                              The problem is, from what we know, WSU is going to push back on anything that isn't glowing and positive and it sounds like Lamar is going to give into whatever they say.

Whatever the issue is, is strictly some contractual obligation or something between WSU and Lamar as there is nothing about the messaging that is illegal. It just hurts the feelings of those who are incompetent and getting paid well to be so. I don't care how woke the university is becoming, that's still not against any laws.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The problem is, from what we know, WSU is going to push back on anything that isn't glowing and positive and it sounds like Lamar is going to give into whatever they say.

Whatever the issue is, is strictly some contractual obligation or something between WSU and Lamar as there is nothing about the messaging that is illegal. It just hurts the feelings of those who are incompetent and getting paid well to be so. I don't care how woke the university is becoming, that's still not against any laws.
                                The irony of WSU and ADDB. If I recall correctly, ADDB said on his interview with Bob Lutz that criticism was part of the job and it didn't bother him. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X