No announcement yet.

NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer's popularity has been growing for years in the US.

Kansas has some pretty good young talent that would be accessible if we had a program. The popularity of SKC and the growing number of club teams in the region only helps.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

They sure do! Soccer will eventually become huge in America. Especially with the world cup coming in 2026! The hype was around in 1994 which helped create the MLS. Excited to see what this world cup will bring to America.
      Now is the time to strike?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        Sorry to burst some bubbles, but schools will have to continue to play buy games, or they will have to shut down their programs. Not just FB, ALL programs.
        I think we have moved to buyee status.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Yep

Comment

Lol not gonna happen. It’s already been decided. Only way a boycott/strike happens is if huge nations get involved and say we’re boycotting the world cup in the USA.
            Shocker Alumni
            Shocker Club Soccer alumni
            Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

No I mean strike by starting up a program.

Has anybody participated in those digital change or petition movements online? We could do one to remove Derwood and one to study soccer as a sport at WSU.

Comment

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  He ain’t lyin.

Comment

If the NIL fund that Taylor Eldridge mentioned gets scrounged together fast enough, could the players that entered the portal potentially consider staying? We may just be looking at a “We’re willing to move if you’re not willing adapt” type of protest from the players. Something that coaches have no control over. Could explain reported disconnect between players and the program.

Comment

May not be a bad thing actually. Get money in vs spending it and schedule against good teams where if we win we have good wins on our resume.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by ventichai View Post
                        If the NIL fund that Taylor Eldridge mentioned gets scrounged together fast enough, could the players that entered the portal potentially consider staying? We may just be looking at a “We’re willing to move if you’re not willing adapt” type of protest from the players. Something that coaches have no control over. Could explain reported disconnect between players and the program.
                        Sorry, not buying the "Out if the coaches control" argument. A coach must be the driver as to the needs of his team. IB lives, eats, sleeps Shocker Basketball. He had to see this coming. If he didn't.... Well, deeper problems than even we know. Seeing the need for NIL, he should have been up Boatfaces ass 24/7 to make it happen. If BD wasn't responding to his requests, IB should have them camped out in Mumas office demanding action.

If you had a job paying 6 Mil and someone was jeopardizing your job but not doing theirs, wouldn't you be appealing to anyone who would listen? A fan base like we have, for example?

Am I oversimplifying?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Sorry, not buying the "Out if the coaches control" argument. A coach must be the driver as to the needs of his team. IB lives, eats, sleeps Shocker Basketball. He had to see this coming. If he didn't.... Well, deeper problems than even we know. Seeing the need for NIL, he should have been up Boatfaces ass 24/7 to make it happen. If BD wasn't responding to his requests, IB should have them camped out in Mumas office demanding action.

If you had a job paying 6 Mil and someone was jeopardizing your job but not doing theirs, wouldn't you be appealing to anyone who would listen? A fan base like we have, for example?

Am I oversimplifying?
                          No argument there. IB definitely has some sway into how things are ran, and I’m sure he saw the writing on the wall. That being said: He still reports to the AD and can only insist that adapting to NIL be a priority. It’s up to the AD and the athletic department to listen to that and take those suggestions into consideration. Please tell me if I’m wrong, but if they aren’t listening to IB and telling him to make due with what he has (in this case: No NIL fund of any kind) he pretty much has no choice other than resigning or finding players that don’t care about NIL and just want exposure so they can transfer to a school with NIL after gaining that exposure.

TLDR: Athletic Department is telling IB he has two choices:
                          1. Keep doing the best you can on the NIL-less budget that is set in place and just put together a squad of players that want to use WSU as a stepping stone, or
                          2. Resign

Comment

Originally posted by ventichai View Post

No argument there. IB definitely has some sway into how things are ran, and I’m sure he saw the writing on the wall. That being said: He still reports to the AD and can only insist that adapting to NIL be a priority. It’s up to the AD and the athletic department to listen to that and take those suggestions into consideration. Please tell me if I’m wrong, but if they aren’t listening to IB and telling him to make due with what he has (in this case: No NIL fund of any kind) he pretty much has no choice other than resigning or finding players that don’t care about NIL and just want exposure so they can transfer to a school with NIL after gaining that exposure.
                            Frankly, I could see a players type of coach like IB handling it that way. I guarantee 3G wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Frankly, I could see a players type of coach like IB handling it that way. I guarantee 3G wouldn't.
                              Agreed

Comment

Woof

Comment

Working...
                                X