2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

No, that is not the case. GA is sections 116, 117, 125, 126. The two sections immediately behind each basket. We are loving ours!
    That's unfortunate. I could see maybe having a few sections reserved or whatever, but for an event like this, make it GA and let people fill in where needed. Especially if you're getting under 5k.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's unfortunate. I could see maybe having a few sections reserved or whatever, but for an event like this, make it GA and let people fill in where needed. Especially if you're getting under 5k.
      Yea, I could see any of the upper sections being GA. I do enjoy being able to get seats I couldn't dream of getting for regular shocker games though. So I'm happy some are reserved.

It also made sense the first year as we had 7k+ at the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence Shocker View Post
        Takeaways from going to Friday and Saturday's games:
        • Alumni everywhere. Paul Miller was picking up alumni tickets in line next to me. Walked past Rauno Nurger (still with that baby face) in the concourse. Nick Wiggins and Chadrack Lufile sat behind the bench. Jaime Echenique sat in the stands and signed his fair share of autographs. So fun to see everyone.
        • Current players were there for both games, but the best was when a couple of them got into some courtside seats for Saturday's game. Each time Frankamp torched Peter Kiss the players were really giving him the business coming down the other end!
        • You can tell how happy some of these guys are to be back in Koch arena. These fans will love you forever.
        • Shaq got boo'd by about 3 total people the first time he touched the ball Friday. His first free throw was all applause, with many, many more people participating.
        • Couple good sales at the shocker store, poke your head in. I got an Under Armour shirt for $15.
        • Less people Saturday, expecting even less Monday. Prove me wrong! GA tickets are only $20 at the ticket office.
        In regards to Peter Kiss. He legit seemed like he wanted to fight me. I was in the student section and after Conner lit him up twice, I yelled at him "In your face, In your face" as he was coming to the bench. Nothing too crazy right? He proceeded to yell back at me, "IDGAF" over and over. He stared at me the rest of the game. During timeouts, at halftime, during the actual game. I have had many interactions with opposing players before sitting in the student section but never anything like this. Usually they chirp back and then it is over. This lasted almost 3/4 of the game. It was really strange. He even made fun of me holding up my shockers during free throws. I watched the replay of the game and you can see him do it from the bench.
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• I assume he was really frustrated with his role. After the initial interaction with him, my brother looked him up online. I had no clue he led the NCAA in scoring last season.

Peter Kiss Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post

In regards to Peter Kiss. He legit seemed like he wanted to fight me. I was in the student section and after Conner lit him up twice, I yelled at him "In your face, In your face" as he was coming to the bench. Nothing too crazy right? He proceeded to yell back at me, "IDGAF" over and over. He stared at me the rest of the game. During timeouts, at halftime, during the actual game. I have had many interactions with opposing players before sitting in the student section but never anything like this. Usually they chirp back and then it is over. This lasted almost 3/4 of the game. It was really strange. He even made fun of me holding up my shockers during free throws. I watched the replay of the game and you can see him do it from the bench.
            Well .. maybe he should "GAF" and then he would score more than the ... *checks box score* ... ZERO points he scored (to go along with 0 assists, 0 rebounds, and 0 blocks)

Comment

• Also, we caught this moment where the Air Raiders were in the huddle, and I couldn't believe the sentence they made with their jerseys!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• With a name like Peter Kiss…..

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  With a name like Peter Kiss…..
                  He'd be real popular in the Blue Oyster Bar!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Waiting for GIF
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

By definition wouldn’t that just be an order qualifier there?

You know, because of the implication.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• He got lit up by Connor a couple of times. As in Connor made him look absolutely foolish. Seems as though Russ got in his head. To which I say, good job! Lol
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Dude looks like Vanilla Ice. Sounds like his shooting was ice ice baby also...

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Waiting for GIF

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Dude looks like Vanilla Ice. Sounds like his shooting was ice ice baby also...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                "Yo VIP, let's brick it..."

Comment

Working...
                                X