2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

Super proud to say I have no idea what you two are talking about!!!

Cle's behavior was the ugly looking bird dude (Skeksis), and we the fans and Cle's teammates were the little guy staring into the beam.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Anyone watching Hoopville vs YGC? The PA announcer is out on the floor announcing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
        Anyone watching Hoopville vs YGC? The PA announcer is out on the floor announcing!
        The Rucker park one is entertaining... They had a rain delay earlier lol

Comment

• RK already jumping Poor Bear for his "Sorry ass layup".

Comment

• Of the guys that never played in the NBA, there's nobody I miss more than RK.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Of the guys that never played in the NBA, there's nobody I miss more than RK.
              He was a real “dog”…
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Of the guys that never played in the NBA, there's nobody I miss more than RK.
                I suppose you aren’t completely wrong, but Tekele Cotton says hello.
                78-65

Comment

• I hope we show up to support this event and the Shockers this upcoming season. By showing up, we are in fact supporting the idea that Wichita, and Wichita State are capable of hosting big-time events in the future. IMO, if attendance continues a downward spiral, so will the chances of hosting events as well as bringing future athletes to our university...which will also continue the downward trend of quality basketball until it bottoms out...I am too old to wait for another resurgence...it needs to happen now.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                      I hope we show up to support this event and the Shockers this upcoming season. By showing up, we are in fact supporting the idea that Wichita, and Wichita State are capable of hosting big-time events in the future. IMO, if attendance continues a downward spiral, so will the chances of hosting events as well as bringing future athletes to our university...which will also continue the downward trend of quality basketball until it bottoms out...I am too old to wait for another resurgence...it needs to happen now.
                      I feel more inclined with the new leadership in the Athletic Department, even though basketball leadership is still ho-hum. It sounded last night like the donor base problem will be solved (probably soon), and he will work hard to get Wichita excited again. He seemed to know what he needed to do.

Comment

I hope we show up to support this event and the Shockers this upcoming season. By showing up, we are in fact supporting the idea that Wichita, and Wichita State are capable of hosting big-time events in the future. IMO, if attendance continues a downward spiral, so will the chances of hosting events as well as bringing future athletes to our university...which will also continue the downward trend of quality basketball until it bottoms out...I am too old to wait for another resurgence...it needs to happen now.
                        The powers that be should have considered this before allowing Benedict Morris to be on the team.

Comment

I hope so too, and I've been to all the TBT's so far and hope I can make this one. I understand why many aren't ready to move on, but as far as I go if the players want Shaq there -- especially Brown, since he was involved in the weird play that started the whole Shaq 3G incident I think -- then I can at least show up and support the alumni and show the new AD we're still here in force wanting and hoping the product on the court improves. Hating on Shaq won't do anything positive for the team and our athletics right now, and booing (not that anyone suggested that) and hating Shaq publicly doesn't help the image our current players would have of our fanbase -- I'll save my hate for ******* or Patty or the process.

Comment

• Intriguing tweet from Jaime. Guessing he will just be a spectator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I feel more inclined with the new leadership in the Athletic Department, even though basketball leadership is still ho-hum. It sounded last night like the donor base problem will be solved (probably soon), and he will work hard to get Wichita excited again. He seemed to know what he needed to do.
                              Is there any insight into the donor base thing? I haven't been able to keep up with news coverage recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

Is there any insight into the donor base thing? I haven't been able to keep up with news coverage recently.
                                I'm guessing it has something to do with the Sports Sunday? reference made in the AD thread. I haven't seen anybody say anything specific about the show other than they're excited. I'll have to see if I can dig up a replay as I'm sure they have something online.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X