No announcement yet.

2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way. So are we to expect an announcement that 3G will be coaching the AfterShocks as well???
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I haven't seen much chatter on Twitter, but a couple of FB groups have had some interesting......dialogue. It pretty much goes to show how divisive it is having him on the team. I think there are a group of people that would rather see them add a former Jayhawk or BJ than Shaq. Then there's another group acting like he's the greatest player ever. Both of those groups are weird.

There are others in the middle. Some like Shaq but think this is a bad idea or understand why some don't like it. Others may or may not like Shaq but agree it's a bad idea either way.

Not sure what kind of effect this will have on attendance. My guess is minimal. I don't think anyone is going to go because of Shaq, but there are definitely those that won't go that probably would have. How large is that number? I have no idea.

Personally, I was going to go if DB was still here so I could broadcast my displeasure at that, but after he was cut loose, I went back to maybe/maybe not. It probably comes down to if my friends want to go or not. If they do, I'll attend. If they don't, I'll probably stay home.

But for the record, I think adding him was probably a poor idea. He's way to divisive and pits the fan base against each other and I don't know how that does anything to help the AfterShocks.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        No way. So are we to expect an announcement that 3G will be coaching the AfterShocks as well???
        Probably the only way to get quality play out of Shaq.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I wasn't sure what kind of effect this will have on attendance. My guess is minimal. I don't think anyone is going to go because of Shaq, but there are definitely those that won't go that probably would have. How large is that number? I have no idea.
          I bet Patty is there.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I bet Patty is there.
            I thought she moved to Knoxville or something
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I thought she moved to Knoxville or something
              I bet she makes it back for this.

Oh goodie, I see Bob Lutz has chimed in.

I guess Kung Wu is going to have to change the site to notshockernet.net

Bob has spoken.

Any chance Patty needs help in Nashville, Bob?

Comment

I bet she makes it back for this.

Oh goodie, I see Bob Lutz has chimed in.

I guess Kung Wu is going to have to change the site to notshockernet.net

Bob has spoken.

Any chance Patty needs help in Nashville, Bob?
                Does anyone actually care what Bob or his yapping lap dog of a son have to say about anything?
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Does anyone actually care what Bob or his yapping lap dog of a son have to say about anything?
                  Only from a "that's so weird, it's funny," perspective.

Comment

In their minds or in actual reality?

Comment

I saw this pop up on my twitter feed and i thought someone was playing a joke. What a terrible idea
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Also hearing the first 500 fans will get in free wearing their favorite Ku gear, fact checkers reporting.

Colin Kaepernick to be guest of honor to sing his version of the national anthem, experts say.
                        This could be great entertainment. Now if they could add TP. It would be a boofest from the national anthem to the final buzzer beating 34ft twisting fadeaway game loosing shot by TP..

Who is running the this nut house?

Comment

Please don’t let Shaq stop you from supporting the rest of our Alumni. They love this event and being back in front of our fans. If you don’t want to cheer for Shaq, don’t. I know I won’t. But one player I don’t support among a group of some of the finest young men who have played for us will not stop me from going to this event.

Haven’t been to the Roundhouse in 2 years, quite possibly the longest period of time between visits in my entire life, so that might contribute to my excitement just a little bit too. One of the pluses of moving back to Wichita!
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            Please don’t let Shaq stop you from supporting the rest of our Alumni. They love this event and being back in front of our fans. If you don’t want to cheer for Shaq, don’t. I know I won’t. But one player I don’t support among a group of some of the finest young men who have played for us will not stop me from going to this event.

Haven’t been to the Roundhouse in 2 years, quite possibly the longest period of time between visits in my entire life, so that might contribute to my excitement just a little bit too. One of the pluses of moving back to Wichita!
                            As much as I don't like the announcement, I completely agree with this take.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Agree with this take. Will also say, the 2 years of TBT games (mainly the aftershocks ones) have been some of the most fun I've had in Koch Arena. Absolutely electric environment that is only magnified by the Elam ending IMO.

Comment

My family and I will all be there (10 total). We love TBT.

While I think this was a bad idea in general, I can understand it from a players perspective. SM was a teammate, a friend, a brother, and obviously still is. The bond in the locker room is something most of us can't really understand. So I won't judge the addition. Will I cheer for SM? No. Will I boo him? Heavens no.

We need some guards. We are going to get run out of CKA with that lineup. RK, MM, and ZB will have to D it up like crazy!
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X