Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's also been doing it against teams mostly in the bottom half of D-1.

Not to say he didn't improve, but he's always been able to dominate against teams without an inside presence. Against the ones that have an inside presence, he generally struggles.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Good for Mo. Sounds like getting some coaching has helped him.
      Mo has always been good against smaller players. That was not his shortcoming.

Comment

• Mo’s free throw shooting is terrific; we started to see the improvement when he was here. There was a time when he was the last player you wanted on the line. I just hope he’s learned to pass (PASS PASS PASS) out of double and triple teams; that was beyond maddening.

I’m very happy for him… he seemed like a very good person and a solid ambassador for our program.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Do most of our former players that are kicking butt suddenly, have top notch PGs running the show on their new teams?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Do most of our former players that are kicking butt suddenly, have top notch PGs running the show on their new teams?
            Well, Qua Grant (WSU's backup PG last year) gave OU its only loss in 7 games so far (who has Grant Sherfield as their PG).

Ricky Council IV has the same number of assists per game as Arkansas' PG (3.5pg).

Chaunce Jenkins has almost as many assists (2.9) as ODU's PG (3.4) which is nothing special.

Mo's PG with New Mexico does have 5.1 APG with only 1.8 TOs, but they've had a rather soft schedule so far.

DD's pg (has the most assists anyway) leads the team in assists with only 2.5 APG with 2.2 ToPG.

I guess I'd say definitely not. Porter might be as good or better than any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              He's also been doing it against teams mostly in the bottom half of D-1.

Not to say he didn't improve, but he's always been able to dominate against teams without an inside presence. Against the ones that have an inside presence, he generally struggles.
              Wha? He's been playing against stiff D1 competition his whole career. Or are you implying he wasn't any good when he played for WSU? Shirley not (you did admit he dominated at times). If you look it up you'll see that he probably never 1 time in his entire career faced an opposing pivot who was as short as he is.

For some very odd reason every swingin' peter who played for the Shocks the last 2 years and has transferred can't have anything but polite things said about them, but Mo can't isn't even afforded the dubious luxury of a back-handed compliment for his success elsewhere, or here. Very interesting dynamic...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Well, Qua Grant (WSU's backup PG last year) gave OU its only loss in 7 games so far (who has Grant Sherfield as their PG).

Ricky Council IV has the same number of assists per game as Arkansas' PG (3.5pg).

Chaunce Jenkins has almost as many assists (2.9) as ODU's PG (3.4) which is nothing special.

Mo's PG with New Mexico does have 5.1 APG with only 1.8 TOs, but they've had a rather soft schedule so far.

DD's pg (has the most assists anyway) leads the team in assists with only 2.5 APG with 2.2 ToPG.

I guess I'd say definitely not. Porter might be as good or better than any of them.
                I wasn't coming at it from an assist angle. More of a play making angle. I consider a talented true PG to be pretty critical in college basketball and from my eye test, your non-PG players' stats can take off when you have a true PG organizing the offense.

Just wondering if these teams have true, experienced PGs.

Comment

• Ricky Mo and Dexter could have been a really good core to have back this year and made us competitive in the AAC. I’m sure they all saw that IB wasn’t the guy that was gonna coach them to the NCAA tourney and they had to find another place to show off their talents. I don’t blame them for leaving after last year’s disaster.

Comment

I wasn't coming at it from an assist angle. More of a play making angle. I consider a talented true PG to be pretty critical in college basketball and from my eye test, your non-PG players' stats can take off when you have a true PG organizing the offense.

Just wondering if these teams have true, experienced PGs.

Arkansas's PG is a freshman, Anthony Black. But he will be a lottery pick in 23 draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      This guy, Wade Taylor, is a true point guard that averages over 15 ppg.
                      And .. they have a second player, Tyrece Radford, that is also a true point guard that is averaging over 12 ppg.

Comment

• You could create a top 15 team with the guys that have transferred out of here since 2020. I'm glad they are all having success, but at the same time, it's pretty demoralizing as a fan to see how much talent has left here in such a short time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                          You could create a top 15 team with the guys that have transferred out of here since 2020. I'm glad they are all having success, but at the same time, it's pretty demoralizing as a fan to see how much talent has left here in such a short time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                            You could create a top 15 team with the guys that have transferred out of here since 2020. I'm glad they are all having success, but at the same time, it's pretty demoralizing as a fan to see how much talent has left here in such a short time.
                            Almost everyone of our recruits were not highly recruited in 2020 and 2021. Mostly 2 low 3* recruits with a couple of exceptions. We were considered equal to Houston, Cincinnati, Texas A&;M, and Arkansas then, and above ODU, New Mexico, etc. Gregg Marshall was seen as a Top Coach who could get these guys to better things, including the NBA. The guys probably enjoyed being recruited again by other teams last year, and after last year's fiasco, finishing 4th in the 2021 AAC Tourney, and losing to lowly Drake in the NCAA, and thought that continued losing was on the horizon. Our other AD fumbling the NIL thing probably didn't help keep Ricky 4, but I'm not sure that IB could have kept him anyway.

Even KWCH Sunday Sports, and the athletic Talk Radio shows leave WSU basketball totally out of the conversation, or until the end. Things have sure changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Ricky Mo and Dexter could have been a really good core to have back this year and made us competitive in the AAC. I’m sure they all saw that IB wasn’t the guy that was gonna coach them to the NCAA tourney and they had to find another place to show off their talents. I don’t blame them for leaving after last year’s disaster.
                              I think it was more the fact that other schools had NIL and we didn’t? Even then, our NIL is scraps compared to what Ricky probably got. I don’t blame them for jumping. Get your money while it’s available.

Comment

This guy, Wade Taylor, is a true point guard that averages over 15 ppg.
                                And .. they have a second player, Tyrece Radford, that is also a true point guard that is averaging over 12 ppg.

We probably just have a much different opinion of what a "true" PG is. In my book, a true PG is a floor general/facilitator first and foremost and a scorer second. That does not mean he shouldn't be a scorer. However, these two guards play 49 minutes per game between them and only generate 4.3 assists and 3.9 TOs (low assists/poor ratio). One would think that Texas A&M apparently does not have any shooters. However, the stats show otherwise. Radford is one of the worst 3pt shooters on the team this year (same goes for overall FG%). Their 3 shooting guards/small forwards, combined, shoot better from 2 and 3 than the 2 "PGs" do combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X