Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
    I think my interest in college sports is going to suffer greatly.
    This is how I'm feeling right now.

I hope things will settle and players will begin to see the value in playing with mostly the same guys over the course of a few years and how it highlights their abilities. Learning a new system and new players every year is challenging.

Comment

• I think this proves how out of touch the NCAA is with just about everything. As much as I despise the idea of super conferences breaking off etc, I will enjoy pointing at the NCAA for how poorly they've done just about everything for so long. They've earned all the eye rolls.

Comment

• So now officially the NCAA really stands for..."No Committed Athletes Anymore"
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          So now officially the NCAA really stands for..."No Committed Athletes Anymore"
          No Control At All

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I hope things will settle and players will begin to see the value in playing with mostly the same guys over the course of a few years and how it highlights their abilities. Learning a new system and new players every year is challenging.
            Winning can't totally happen by doing this but "character" may become an important recruiting tool in the future, and we've often had a lot of players with "good character" on our past rosters. The player who seeks to be his own "brand" will usually be a detriment to team building.

Run from "TP's"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              From here on out I call it the NCAA Transfer Popcorn Model.

You know what's going to happen? The very schools/conferences that threatened the NCAA into establishing the Popcorn Model will now use the resulting fiasco as a key reason to leave the NCAA and form their own football league.
              I think it will be the NCAA Transfer Boomerang. You will get kids who had handlers whispering in their ears so they will leave a school only to realize the grass isn't greener and return to the original school. Happens relatively often now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Kinda like all of us that would drive at a safe and reasonable speed if there were no speed limit signs and cops enforcing them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Free agency every year is now here to stay.
                  Silver lining: Colby Rogers' waiver will surely be approved now right? Right???

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Silver lining: Colby Rogers' waiver will surely be approved now right? Right???
                    Not if Bob Huggins has anything to say about it!
                    The Assman

Comment

• 1question and 1 observation

1.will schools be allowed to require a non compete agreement if they desire?

2. The student athletes have the same flexibility as the coaches and the regular students., now. Just requires extra work to make your program one that attracts and retains. Same as every other business under the sun

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                        1question and 1 observation

1.will schools be allowed to require a non compete agreement if they desire?

2. The student athletes have the same flexibility as the coaches and the regular students., now. Just requires extra work to make your program one that attracts and retains. Same as every other business under the sun
                        As all but a very few fan bases dwindle…….

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

As all but a very few fan bases dwindle…….
                          So the program needs to get better at retention. Or is coercion (forced sitting after transferring,) the only way to keep a kid in the program? Or just the easiest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Kinda like all of us that would drive at a safe and reasonable speed if there were no speed limit signs and cops enforcing them?
                            Montana had multiple studies that showed it actually worked on their highways when they didn't have limits. Vast majority of people chose to drive at what would be seen as safe and generally accepted speeds.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Montana had multiple studies that showed it actually worked on their highways when they didn't have limits. Vast majority of people chose to drive at what would be seen as safe and generally accepted speeds.
                              It probably works great in states with a population of 1 person per every 1000 square miles.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It probably works great in states with a population of 1 person per every 1000 square miles.
                                If there were no speed limits on the highway, would you gladly drive 100MPH? Most won't. A few will.

Believe it or not, most people generally care about being safe.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X