Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messed up post

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Josephat Bilau commits to Rhode Island.
      Article about his commitment and some of his JuCo stats

Comment

• Sherfield to OU. Another 3G recruit to the Sooners.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
          Sherfield to OU. Another 3G recruit to the Sooners.
          As mentioned in the recruiting thread, this was expected for the last few weeks. Wish him the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Kansas already tried the Big 10, they got a hard "Thanks, but no thanks." That was right after the Texas and Oklahoma defection. Kansas needed to invest in football 20 years ago. They finally have an indoor facility that is about as nice as power 1-AA schools. NDSU's facilities are light years ahead of KU. The funny thing about realignment is it is all predicated on football, all of it. If you're looking at getting into a P-5, actually a P-4½, you better bring football. Kansas doesn't come close to checking that box.

I have several Johnson County friends. Big KU fans. They were sure the Jayhawks were getting an invite. Slowly, they are realizing that they are stuck. Moreover, the Big 12 added every school they could that would improve football; even in the Big 12 basketball is an afterthought.
            Cincinnati and Houston historically have much stronger basketball pedigree's than football pedigree's. BYU also historically solid in basketball. I didn't think Kansas would get a Big 10 invite due to the state of its football program but think the Big 12 will continue to hold its own in basketball. Your Johnson county friends were a bit delusional, at least in the short run. The only Big 12 addition I question is Central Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Cincinnati and Houston historically have much stronger basketball pedigree's than football pedigree's. BYU also historically solid in basketball. I didn't think Kansas would get a Big 10 invite due to the state of its football program but think the Big 12 will continue to hold its own in basketball. Your Johnson county friends were a bit delusional, at least in the short run. The only Big 12 addition I question is Central Florida.
              Cincy and Houston were added because they were the best of what is left out there. BYU was a plug your nose addition, as they are adding loyal Mormons, coast to coast.

Kansas should have been enhancing football from the minute Nebraska and Colorado left. When A&M and Mizzou bolted, Kansas needed to again redouble their football efforts. They didn't. KU, and their fans, always thought basketball would get them anywhere. But when media rights are paid 70% football and 30% basketball, you better have ae football product. Kansas really misread the tea leaves.

With Texas and Oklahoma leaving, the football value of the Big 12 went to ****. Furthermore, with ESPN hemorrhaging money, the Big 12 being a shadow of its former football self and other variables, the 2025 media deal for the Big 12 could be tiny. Kansas is in a bad way.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• The UCF addition made sense in that it got the B12 into Florida and they've shown they can have good success and support in football. I will be curious to see if their basketball improves at all or if they'll continue to be just so-so and end of in the middle/bottom middle of the conference there. But if they needed one more, who were they going to add?

It's been obvious that Memphis isn't seen nearly as highly as some think they should be.

There used to be some B12 rumors about Tulane, mostly because of academics and New Orleans. There not in a position to offer a great deal athletically, though their basketball is improving and their football team should have beat Oklahoma last year. I believe the Green Wave lost a number of close games, but I could be mistaken and maybe just seen the few that they did.

SMU was never going to be strongly considered because the B12 doesn't want two schools in the same metro if they can help it.

Boise has dropped off the sexy list as their football remains good, but not great. Plus, it's in Idaho. Lovely state, but small population and not strong recruiting grounds.

There was once talk about going after Colorado State, which wouldn't have been the worst idea for them. Really wish we could have pulled them and AFA in.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  The UCF addition made sense in that it got the B12 into Florida and they've shown they can have good success and support in football. I will be curious to see if their basketball improves at all or if they'll continue to be just so-so and end of in the middle/bottom middle of the conference there. But if they needed one more, who were they going to add?

It's been obvious that Memphis isn't seen nearly as highly as some think they should be.

There used to be some B12 rumors about Tulane, mostly because of academics and New Orleans. There not in a position to offer a great deal athletically, though their basketball is improving and their football team should have beat Oklahoma last year. I believe the Green Wave lost a number of close games, but I could be mistaken and maybe just seen the few that they did.

SMU was never going to be strongly considered because the B12 doesn't want two schools in the same metro if they can help it.

Boise has dropped off the sexy list as their football remains good, but not great. Plus, it's in Idaho. Lovely state, but small population and not strong recruiting grounds.

There was once talk about going after Colorado State, which wouldn't have been the worst idea for them. Really wish we could have pulled them and AFA in.
                  And UCF has a very high enrollment, which leads to more alumni, which leads to higher viewership. I remember that being listed as a reason for their addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post

And UCF has a very high enrollment, which leads to more alumni
                    Speaking of alumni...does anyone know off the top of their head the number of Wichita St's alumni base? 50,000? 100,000?
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Speaking of alumni...does anyone know off the top of their head the number of Wichita St's alumni base? 50,000? 100,000?
                      Good question... figured it would be easy to find. I did a quick search and didn't have any luck. I'd like to know the total including Fairmount, University of Wichita (WU) and Wichita State University.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        From an article in 2014:
                        "There are roughly 95,000 WSU alumni in the world, she said"

Comment

• Originally posted by btp1029 View Post

From an article in 2014:
                          "There are roughly 95,000 WSU alumni in the world, she said"

Nice! Thank you btp1029.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• So an 8 year old article is the most recent information available?

I too did a search and couldn't find anything. Really would have thought that number would be available and updated somewhere.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• AZ Shocker you had a good range there. I thought it would be higher but you had the range nailed down. Good estimation. I would guess that it might have slightly increased over the last eight years, but you still had a good guess there.

Regardless, that's not much compared to the alumni bases of the schools we are competing with. And those alumni bases are not just commuter schools; they're college towns where students are engaged at a higher clip with the universities and alumni associations. I'm encouraged by the increased enrollment, and hope it can continue to increase. But that's a big fundamental problem for fundraising.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X