Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Mo wasn't the weak link on WSU this year, or last year. It wasn't in the post WSU was got whipped this year.

The Shockers need a reliable performer at the 4. Taken together, they were atrocious this year; dribbling the ball off of the foot, no look passes, air balls, charges, etc. Maybe Ricks can be positive addition on the front line. He does have long arms.
    Maybe not The weak link but a weak link. Dude is not a legit 5. He is way undersized. And just like Pleasant, when there are many weak spots the other weak spots are clearly exposed. Mo was exposed.

Comment

Mo wasn't the weak link on WSU this year, or last year. It wasn't in the post WSU was got whipped this year.

The Shockers need a reliable performer at the 4. Taken together, they were atrocious this year; dribbling the ball off of the foot, no look passes, air balls, charges, etc. Maybe Ricks can be positive addition on the front line. He does have long arms.
      I agree an upgrade at 4 is needed but Mo was definitely A weak link this year and last year.

Comment

• Think Ricks is a 3

Comment

Ricks is more of a guard I think. You are thinking of Abidde I think.

Comment

IDK, but his 5 turnovers a game might be considered weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

They will leave if Tyson stays.
              I'm assuming this is a guess on your part? Or do you know this as fact?

Comment

Says what???
                How about the 5 TO's/game?
                Still hasn't figured out to pass out of a double team after 4 years?
                Still hasn't recognized when the defense doubles down on him?
                You can not be serious and either being facetious or just high.

Just wondering what kind of drugs you have been taking lately?
                Smoking dope?
                Crack?
                Mushrooms maybe?
                They are all bad so before you post next time, just say NO!

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Says what???

Smoking dope?
                  Crack?
                  Mushrooms maybe?

That is all.
                  In keeping with our new found alignment let me agree with all but the last sentence. Only crack is bad of the three substances listed.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ricks is more of a guard I think. You are thinking of Abidde I think.
                    Definitely not thinking of Adibbe. I don't believe he's ready to step into the 5 spot. Or 4.

Ricks is the same size as our 4's were this year. With longer arms. But, I sure hope he turns out to be a legit 6'7" guard. Not too many of those in D1. WSU certainly hasn't had too many of those, ever. I forgot who the last one was.
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 23, 2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I have to say, this is playing out about as well as I’d have hoped so far.

Maybe IB is figuring it out.
                      I think (and hope) you may be right. We saw whay less hero ball late in the season. Hopefully they will disect this season to see what worked and what didn't. Get a couple of precooked bigs and a young point who can contribute but willing to work and develop and add a couple athletic shooters.

​​​​​​Equally important, make a couple changes to the coaching staff. Need one balls to the wall tough guy that teaches discipline.
                      Last edited by Atxshoxfan; March 23, 2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It will be interesting to see because it feels like the NCAA is not in the position to deny any waivers at this point. I think most assume they will get it ... and are probably right.
                        Most Blueblood school will get the waivers, Others, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

But we don't have to accept them back at that point. They're not guaranteed a spot here at this point. IB, being the nice guy that he is, would probably take each one of them back without question though.
                          I remember Daishon Smith wanted to come back and FHCGM said sorry, scholarship is already spoken for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Says what???

Smoking dope?
                            Crack?
                            Mushrooms maybe?

That is all.

5 TO's? Facetious, eh? You're not even funny. On the season he had 4 more turnovers than the starting point guard did. Encouraging going forward. And 8 less than RCIV. Take from that what you will, but God knows what you'll come up with. We all can't wait to hear it.

And if your insinuating that the forwards collectively played better than our post in any game this year, and you ain't doing drugs, then what's your excuse? I have an idea...

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              I tend to be a little surprised to learn Pleasant is entering the portal. I mean he started the majority of the season no??? Why would he want to leave that "luxury"???

That either tells me
                              1. - IB has told him he won't get those minutes next season because they are bringing in a legit AAC forward. (A positive sign for the program).

Or 2. - He (Pleasant) doesn't align with IB's system and philosophy. (A somewhat negative sign as that would be a "knock" on IB's coaching style).

I mean again...why would you leave guaranteed major playing time?
                              We all saw the reduced minutes JP got toward the end of the season. I'm sure JP saw the writing on the wall.
                              I was one of many who critisized the way jp was used, not feeling like he was a position contributor. That said, I felt he was a good influence to the team. He seemed like a hard worker and always displayed a positive attitude. Would have been a great 8th or 9th man.

Comment

• We can only hope that Pleasant saw Abidde in practice and left because he knew Abidde would be starting over him. I believe Abidde is more of a 4 than a 5. Like I said, we can hpe.

Comment

Working...
                                X