No announcement yet.

Kerry Rosenboom resigning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What surprises me the most is apparently this has been an issue for a while, not just the current leadership. Sounds like he has felt disrespected for quite some time.

Comment

Embarrassing.

REAL universities and pro organizations want KR and WSU treats him like some intern.

I’m getting closer and closer to leaving WSU myself, Kerry.
      The Assman

Comment

Incoming recruits asking about our S&C program and our informing them that we don't have one isn't good, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Incoming recruits asking about our S&C program and our informing them that we don't have one isn't good, right?
          Well we were apparently already avoiding the conversation of the weight room .. just like we like to avoid lots of conversations it appears.

Though we all know what is going to happen .. Boatright will get a raise equal to Kerry's previous salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Embarrassing.

REAL universities and pro organizations want KR and WSU treats him like some intern.

I’m getting closer and closer to leaving WSU myself, Kerry.
            I hear Mississippi State needs more fans
            Last edited by shock; March 21, 2022, 10:07 AM.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hard to blame Kerry for this, but I can't imagine a prospective Strength and Conditioning Coach feeling like this is an attractive job after reading that article.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Hard to blame Kerry for this, but I can't imagine a prospective Strength and Conditioning Coach feeling like this is an attractive job after reading that article.
                Someone who needs to learn on the job and who would probably be in over his/her head will be at the top of the list.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  It will have to be someone who is patient and can weather the storm (ie youthful). Also, it seems like Shocker Strength should be allowed to do their own fundraising ala the Gregg Marshall Auction and Golf Tournament.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Who would ever want this job after hearing there is ZERO support for the program or position? And after looking at the facilities? This is a huge step backwards for the athletic department. And to know that IB will be picking his predecessor makes it even worse. Does "Let Dawgs be Dawgs" in the weight room work?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Someone who needs to learn on the job and who would probably be in over his/her head will be at the top of the list.
                        This is the way
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

As per the article, the funding issue is not new. So many posters here want to believe the previous coach was the savior of the “program”. How many hamburgers would it have taken to equip the weight room approximately? So many on here believe what’s happening now just started in the past couple of years. The drop started years ago, when the newly found ego began running the show. Some handle new-found riches and handle in a mature way…others, well…

This will turn out being a much-needed “weeding” project. We’ll find out who the real supporters of the program are over the next few years. Popcorn popping commencing now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                            As per the article, the funding issue is not new.
                            Yep.

From having actually read the article, while Boatright is still a clown, Kerry's displeasure predates Boatright, and predates Isaac Brown.

But the lack of appreciation from the athletic department predates Boatright’s time, according to Rosenboom.

“I had one year where I had just turned down an NBA job and a major-league head strength job and a power-five men’s basketball job and I didn’t even have a contract to work (at WSU) that year,” Rosenboom said. “The AD at that time told me that I needed to prove myself. And this is after double-digit years as a head strength coach.
                            If Kerry's been here 35 years, "double-digit years" could have been 25 years ago. It could have been the Shaus years. Maybe Sexton. But it wasn't Boatright.

But after traveling with the WSU men’s basketball team around the American Athletic Conference the last two years, Rosenboom has seen the difference in quality from the football-playing schools and WSU.

“When the strength coaches from around the conference come in, they can’t believe that this is our men’s basketball weight room,” Rosenboom said. “I hope the fans understand these are things that are needed in the recruiting battle. I know over the last few years, the men’s and women’s basketball teams tended not to bring recruits to the weight room. I had to meet them somewhere else. I’m hoping whoever gets my position will keep fighting for those things and hopefully it will happen for the student-athletes because they deserve it, they really do.”
                            I think it's pretty clear the athletic department had one major line-item the last 10 years that came at the expense of everything else.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                              As per the article, the funding issue is not new. So many posters here want to believe the previous coach was the savior of the “program”. How many hamburgers would it have taken to equip the weight room approximately? So many on here believe what’s happening now just started in the past couple of years. The drop started years ago, when the newly found ego began running the show. Some handle new-found riches and handle in a mature way…others, well…

This will turn out being a much-needed “weeding” project. We’ll find out who the real supporters of the program are over the next few years. Popcorn popping commencing now.
                              Well at least we have a nice coach now and a President who is in tune with the woke crowd. Everything is sunshine and roses. Back to the Faithful page for you...

So if we don't fall in line with the status quo and how things are going then we aren't supporters of the program? If we don't except mediocrity and secret back door dealings we aren't real supporters? GMAFB.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Yep.

From having actually read the article, while Boatright is still a clown, Kerry's displeasure predates Boatright, and predates Isaac Brown.

If Kerry's been here 35 years, "double-digit years" could have been 25 years ago. It could have been the Shaus years. Maybe Sexton. But it wasn't Boatright.

I think it's pretty clear the athletic department had one major line-item the last 10 years that came at the expense of everything else.
                                So everything happening now is Marshall's fault?? LOL! If I am not mistaken, the majority of his salary and increases came from private donors.

Comment

Working...
                                X