No announcement yet.

Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so disgusting. Any hope of Muma doing the right thing in June just became Muma being the problem two Octobers ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      So Muma - as an interim - extended him a year after his previous extension? While he still had 2 years left? What a dumbass. Wonder what DB has on Muma?
      At this point, you have to assume ADDB has info that would cause WSU to not exist if leaked. Only thing that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

At this point, you have to assume ADDB has info that would cause WSU to not exist if leaked. Only thing that makes sense.
        and if that's the case.......just get it all out in the open now and let's take whatever comes. I'm tired of this racket.

Comment

This answers my questions about Muma's leadership. He's worthless. Absolute freaking joke of a move! If you are concerned about the perception so much that you have to hide it, it probably means it's not a good move. This University is quickly becoming a real disaster and a laughing stock. So ashamed at this point. Someone needs to step up and stop this madness. Looks like we are going to continue to suck for the near term.

Comment

Make sure I got this right. During a pandemic (Oct 2020), while most (if not all) college athletic budgets were getting destroyed, virtually no raises to staffs because of it…in fact, some athletic department staff members took a pay cut (not sure that happened at WSU), and many other departments were cutting staff to the bare bones. People lost jobs.

During that time, we give our AD a pay raise, and a contract extension.

Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder what DB's buyout is ... I'm pretty sure we can find a donor for that amount. Though the problem is the AD would normally be the one to hit up donors for money .. soooo that's not happening.
              One would have to hope that donors would approach Muma, or someone near him, about paying any buyout to get rid of DB. It's definitely going to be cheaper than buying out IB right now and could still give time to get someone in place that can bring donors back into the fold.

The only positives are we already have in place some good coaches in other, non revenue sports, that can hopefully maintain or build upon what they've already done and hopefully the lack of funds coming in as a whole don't hurt them too much. Most of those sports don't have a lot of extras anyway.

Bad news is both basketball teams are struggling and their futures are much more in doubt. How long can we hold onto current staff? We don't want DB making the next decisions.

Wedge should take care of baseball and doesn't need DB for anything. I'm not sure how well KB and company fundraise on their own, but she's built a solid program and I would hope can get a little boost in attendance as well as regional recognition to help her keep things moving in the right direction without needing DB. Lamb has been doing it a long time in VB and has a great young core. He's also done fairly well fundraising on his own and doesn't really need DB for much of anything. Same can be said for Rainbolt and company in Track and CC.

Everyone is effected on some level because basketball has funded all for a long time. How much has that helped these other programs and coaches get to where they currently are and how much will that lack of funds hurt them I'm not completely sure. I assume most work on some relatively small budgets even with those funds so I hope it's not a drastic change. Though one could see where those on smaller budgets are more greatly impacted by the loss of relatively little in funds, but I'm trying to be optimistic of things outside of basketball.

I'm not sure which programs can essentially self fund potentially. I assume baseball could get there with Wedge and some success and a rise in attendance. Volleyball was there at one point I think a decade or so ago when we were averaging top 10 attendance. We were at the very least close to even. Softball just doesn't get the love of the masses enough to pull that off and I don't think the stadium is big enough to accommodate the attendance necessary to do it, even with a top 25 program. Track, tennis, golf and such are never going to drive revenues to do it and absolutely rely on the success and funding from others from a balance sheet perspective.

I got sidetracked again, but the only hope is for some donors, and/or former donors, to care enough to approach leadership to buyout DB. But this is a major negative to Muma. It would be one thing if the contract was going to run out and he felt a small extension was necessary as to give whoever became president time to adjust and figure out what was needed. But that wasn't the case at all and I'm not sure it can actually be defended.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Muma is as inept as DB and IB.

Comment

Can we print up shirts to wear to all WSU events that simply state Fire Boatright or something? They can be made in black and yellow.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

DB got an extension on his contract? That is great news. He has done an outstanding job. Go Shocks.

Comment

My question is how "scandalous" does something have to be to get the board of regents to fire Muma? It starts there. If we fire boatright who thinks we will actually get a good hire with Muma now?

My question is how fast can we get Ivanka Trump to come speak at WSU again, so Muma can cancel her again, so Muma can be "Goldened" again?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Ah yes .. the blanket COVID excuse everyone loves to use.

Comment

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop drinking/sniffing glue/having unprotected sex/etc. This just p*sses me off to no end. We could have DONE something about this situation, and Muma BLEW IT!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              At a young age, I was taught that sometimes, it is better to keep your mouth shut and make people wonder if you are stupid rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

That explanation is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.
                              78-65

Comment

I was afraid there might be an extension - I posted the following on the Open Records Request thread last summer - https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...23#post1301923

"There was an interesting log entry added recently regarding the employment of the AD - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1638/ - it requested contracts for coaches and the AD and WSU ended up posting that the coaches contracts could be found in other requests, but they did post a couple new agreements for the AD. One is dated 12/15/2020 and states it's an amendment to an agreement on 7/1/2020. It mentions specific sections of the agreement, but I've looked through the logs and searched online, and the only mention of a contract for the AD was back in 2019 (https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...225944750.html) and that contract is at https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/144/ and it runs through 6/30/2022. So I'm not sure if the 7/1/2020 was a new contract or an extension of that one. The request also has an amendment dated 6/24/2021 that states a $72,000 increase in salary for 20-21 would be deferred and paid no later than 6/30/2024. So given all that, it's possible the AD's contract was extended from 2022 to 2024 last year - I'm not sure if that's the case though because there's no mention in the news about an extension."

Unfortunately none of the links above to the openrecords.wichita.edu produce anything these days. WSU for some reason decided to make the open records requests less transparent since October 2021. Too bad Taylor or someone at the Sunflower doesn't look into why that happened.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X