Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I’m trying to delete it.

Comment

• Can someone do it for me or tell me how?

Comment

• I think this would be a Kung Wu thing
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
          For those of you who are extremely serious about the billboards, please inbox me so I can send you the PDF of the proposal I received back with locations, availablity, and rates. Once we pick our location(s?) we can proceed to set up a GoFundMe or something similar and get this thing running. Financial it looks very doable, prices aren't bad at all.
          Sent PM. Thank you for stepping up!

Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Can you imagine Boatright trying to hire a coach in pretty much any sport. The first question from a coaching candidate would be about the NIL packages available for athletes. Leaving it up to the athletes to find their own deals isn't going to be a good answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
              Can you imagine Boatright trying to hire a coach in pretty much any sport. The first question from a coaching candidate would be about the NIL packages available for athletes. Leaving it up to the athletes to find their own deals isn't going to be a good answer.
              godIBgod was okay with it. Certainly we can find other championship level coaches like him for all our sports.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Just because we have the other threads, doesn’t mean this one gets to go away! ;)
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Not sure how this got moved to the Boatright Stealth Extended Thread but alas...

Capture.JPG

** 4/27/22 Added Gus Okafor **

** 4/27/22 Added Craig Porter Jr. back to grid **

** 4/25/22 Added Jacob Wilson **

** Ugh...deleted Craig Porter, Jr. (this is depressing) **

** 4/21/22 Deleted Ricky Council IV **

** 4/21/22 Deleted Tyson Etienne and Steele Gaston-Chapman. Added Trevor McBride **

** 4/18/22 Added James Rojas, Quincy Ballard and Henry Thengvall **

** Added Xavier Bell **

** 4/6/22 Deleted Dex and Mo **

** 3/23/21 Deleted Pleasant and Grant **

** 3/21/22 Deleted Monzy Jackson **

** 3/15/22 Deleted Chaunce Jenkins **

Here is where we stand, for now. As we all know, this is likely to change significantly over the next month or so. Will update as things change. One sholarship to give but some of those seniors are likely to move on and some others as well.
                  KungWu is here some way to move this post to a new thread titled "2022-23 Scholarship Grid in a way that MikeKennedyRulZ could continue to keep it edited and updated. On of the more valuable posts and tools on the men's basketball forum.

Here is the link to he post I quoted: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...50#post1341350

Could MikeKennedyRulZ edit the post, then copy the post and then paste it into a new thread?

Comment

• I’d be happy to start it as a new thread if KW wants that. That’s how it was before but I didn’t know if KW wanted it here for some reason.

Comment

• Hmm, if I moved that here it was an accident, but I don't remember moving it. Weird. Anyway MikeKennedyRulZ fire off a new thread and I will sticky it.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I’d be happy to start it as a new thread if KW wants that. That’s how it was before but I didn’t know if KW wanted it here for some reason.
                        Isn't Okafor a Senior and Bell a sophomore?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Isn't Okafor a Senior and Bell a sophomore?
                          I think that is correct. Per Eldridge Taylor's reporting:

Okafor dabbled with the 2022 NBA Draft waters, but will use his final year of college eligibility at Wichita State. Gus played 1 year at Longwood, Then 1 year at Miami Dade College, and 2 years (2020-21 and 2021-22) at Southeastern Louisiana.

Taylor confirmed in a Twitter response that Xavier Bell has 3 years of eligibility remaining. Xavier spent 2 years at Drexel. His Freshman year in 2020-21 did not count against his eligibility due to the one-time Covid exemption.

Comment

• I'll update the chart and post a new topic. Do we want it in the BBall thread or recruiting? Hard to keep up with who has what left as they all seem to have a mystery year in there somewhere.

Comment

I'll update the chart and post a new topic. Do we want it in the BBall thread or recruiting? Hard to keep up with who has what left as they all seem to have a mystery year in there somewhere.
                              I think since this thread focuses more on who we have i think I would keep it in the BBall thread.

Your right about determining classes/ eligibility and there is no consistency from school to school or even from sport-to-sport at the same schools and even on the same roster of some sports at a school. It would be nice if they could agree on whether to list the academic class or the eligibility left or some system where you could just look at a roster and tell how much eligibility is left. Perhaps they should list the academic class followed by a number to indicate the years of eligibility left after the year for that roster list.

I find myself having to analyze individual player bios to try to figure a player's eligibility remaining and sometime it's not clear from that. Track athletes are the worst because they can redshirt but still compete unattached. Plus it's possible you can have different eligibility left for indoor track and outdoor track, and also XC if you are a distance runner.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 29, 2022, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think since this thread focuses more on who we have i think I would keep it in the BBall thread.

Your right about determining classes/ eligibility and there is not consistency from school to school or even from sport-to-sport at the same school and even on the same roster of some sports at a school. It would be nice if they could agree on whether to list the academic class or the eligibility left or some system where you could just look at a roster and tell how much eligibility is left. Perhaps they should list the academic class followed by a number to indicate the years of eligibility left after the year for that roster.

I find myself having to analyze individual player bios to try to figure a player's eligibility remaining and sometime it's not clear from that. Track athletes are the worst because they can redshirt but sitll compete unattached. Plus it's possible you can have different eligibility left for indoor track and outdoor track, and also XC if you are a distance runner.

It also depends on if they've graduated at their current school. If they have then they get an additional grad transfer year somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X