Tulsa at Wichita State Game Thread 2-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Taylor Eldridge said on the latest Talk Angry that he expects Dex, Mo, and Tyson to move on at the end of the year. Ricky, Craig, and Kenny could have the keys to the bus if they stay.
    Hopefully, Ricks and Abidde will be ready to contribute next year. Monzy should be better as well. Certainly, no one will try harder. Then we'll see what new blood HCIP can bring in.

But the key will be can HCIB coach them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

WHERE?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The 5 spot is very situational depending on who we are playing. If the other team has true big men .. Pohto isn't ready for that. He gets bullied. Teams like Tulsa where they are smaller are the ones where Pohto should play more minutes.
        I tend to agree. Although I would argue that Mo is isn't ready for that either and he is incredibly one dimensional with little to no shot blocking ability. Shox are very weak overall at the 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          My criticism of Mike has nothing to do with the actual live game broadcast. He's perfect.

It's everything outside the game when he puts a spin on coaches show or pre/post-game. I'll say it, as an alumn and longtime season ticket holder it pisses me off when he goes off lecturing/chastising the fanbase over whatever it may be (currently it involves IB criticism). We're all adults and opinions should be respected rather than talked down to like children. He comes across as egotistical during those lectures.
          bingo

Comment

• I think MK does an absolutely fantastic job with play-by-play. I agree about the lecturing piece though. I’m sorry but the fans don’t OWE this program anything. If the level of support is poor, maybe it’s time to look at the product.

Comment

• Has anyone on here listened to other broadcasters. All from KU to Mitch (Chiefs), etc. are Homer’s. Mike’s (a HOF’er) as good as it gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                Tulsa almost got over the hump, but somehow, with a lack of skilled ball handlers, the Shocks toughed it out and pulled away. It was a good win.

Has Tulsa even been competitive with any of the better teams in the AAC?
                Funny you should mention that… Bob and Jeff had some writer fro the Tulsa World on before the game and he broke down their last 7 games( I THINK) as 5 losses to Houston SMU UCF and Memphis trice, all by 5 points or less, before bad showings at Cincinnati and somewhere else… so they have had moments…..

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Fever didn't slander anyone. He just stated his own opinion. Nothing wrong with that.
                  As long as it's in line with the group think of SN, we like to read opinions.

Just kidding.

Comment

• I’m watching Olympic Mixed Doubles Curling live; a lot of similarities to last night game.

I kid cause I care.

Go USA!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      Has anyone on here listened to other broadcasters. All from KU to Mitch (Chiefs), etc. are Homer’s. Mike’s (a HOF’er) as good as it gets.
                      I've heard Mitch be critical of certain aspects of the Chiefs when things aren't right. He does it with balance, but he allows for some honest dialog
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I've heard Mitch be critical of certain aspects of the Chiefs when things aren't right. He does it with balance, but he allows for some honest dialog
                        He damn well did not Sunday, and you know it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          Has anyone on here listened to other broadcasters. All from KU to Mitch (Chiefs), etc. are Homer’s. Mike’s (a HOF’er) as good as it gets.
                          Why in the hell would you be listening to a KU radio broadcast?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

At least Mike tells you what's going on in the game, unlike most of the current announcers who are so busy talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the game at hand that they can't even tell you who a foul was on.
                            I am sorry but I can’t leave that alone. I like Mike Kennedy. He’s a great Shocker. I’m sure a good guy. I’m glad he is a homer. He’s supposed to be. BUT, a technically good play by play guy he is not. Hell no . Half the time he is freaking out about a call or how a coach is reacting or something other than what is happening in the game. He forgets to tell whether someone hit or missed the free throw, emotes before he tells what happened and constantly leaves the listener wondering what the score is or what happened. Sometimes you just have to guess by listening to the crowd. It’s worse in baseball when he acts like a Shocker has hit it out only to have it caught plenty inside the fence. And every shocker shot is “in and out” I wouldn’t trade him but he’s tolerable mainly because he is a great Shocker.

Comment

• Damn, you know we're having a rough season when we start arguing whether or not MK is a good broadcaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

I am sorry but I can’t leave that alone. I like Mike Kennedy. He’s a great Shocker. I’m sure a good guy. I’m glad he is a homer. He’s supposed to be. BUT, a technically good play by play guy he is not. Hell no . Half the time he is freaking out about a call or how a coach is reacting or something other than what is happening in the game. He forgets to tell whether someone hit or missed the free throw, emotes before he tells what happened and constantly leaves the listener wondering what the score is or what happened. Sometimes you just have to guess by listening to the crowd. It’s worse in baseball when he acts like a Shocker has hit it out only to have it caught plenty inside the fence. And every shocker shot is “in and out” I wouldn’t trade him but he’s tolerable mainly because he is a great Shocker.
                                Maybe in the last ten years or so but before that he was awesome.

Free throw up…. And good.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X