No announcement yet.

UCF at Wichita State Game Thread 1-26-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this where pie comes back out of hiding?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      A 11 point, no 5 pt. No 4, no 5…point win.
      Good thing we got up by 16. Cause they beat us by 11 the rest of the way. Lol
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• But I will take the win. Didn't see any magical change. But maybe this can somehow get this team going a little. We can hope.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Never trailed. I will give the Shockers some credit for keeping the lead.

Comment

• UCF vs. Wichita State - Box Score - January 26, 2022 - ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
              Tyson Waterman is coaching IB.
              that can t be good....

Comment

• Shox with more FG attmepts than points:

Etienne - 5 points, 13 FG attempts

Every other player had more points than FG attempts.

Actually the rest of the team had 79 points on 42 FG attempts

Comment

• Thanks for the W Shocks, please keep it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Getting the win in spite of Isaac Brown’s and Tyson’s incompetence. I have no idea why any player would want to stick around.
                    A sorely needed win for the team and confidence. However, not sure if it was well deserved or just UCF was plain bad.
                    Obviously, RC carried the load and if not for him, they would not have won the game.
                    That's scary to say because UCF... was bad. I mean really bad. The UCF African center was terrible... as in Wamakota terrible - and thats making a statement.
                    Surprising to see a Johnny Dawkins coached team that beat Michigan and Miami poorly execute any basic offense. It was mostly make one pass and attack the basket.
                    Huh?

How does this team respond on the road at Tulane? With a bunch of games now stacked up within the next couple weeks, RC may need to score 30 each night to have a chance.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Good job Shocks. Way to hang tough. Great free throw shooting until the end. Made it closer than it needed to be.

Excellent game from Ricky. Mo, Dexter and Craig also pretty solid. Another tough outing for Tyson with 2-13 shooting. Rest of the team was a respectable 20-42 (48.8%). Tyson 1-8 on 3-pointers. Rest of the team was 8-15 (53.3%).

Pretty good job by the Shocks only turning it over 12 times against a pretty decent defensive team that pressed quite a bit.

Sure feels good to win one.

Need to keep it going agianst Tulane and Tulsa.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 26, 2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Solid WIN!!! Finally got that monkey off our backs!!! Good effort Shocks!!! Keep it up!!!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• It was about 10-11 games ago I said RC4 should be starting in place of TE.
                          JP had good energy early on and helped. Also helped bringing the ball up.
                          Porter with another solid game.
                          Much needed win. Need to follow up with one Saturday.

Comment

• What a flaming bunch of Sore Winners this board has turned into.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                              What a flaming bunch of Sore Winners this board has turned into.
                              yep. X1000

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                                What a flaming bunch of Sore Winners this board has turned into.
                                A win, while nice, doesn't mean everything is great. They still didn't play all that well IMHO. Ricky played well. And a couple others had moments. But still not a lot of team ball.

But a win is much better than a loss. Kind of a lipstick on a pig scenario though.

Comment

Working...
                                X