Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should HCIB get to right the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who needs NIL deals?
    We’re 420 friendly
    Best 420 in the Power6
    We have a plethora of designated pissers
    If you’re a dog, you can be a dog here
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Who needs NIL deals?
      We’re 420 friendly
      Best 420 in the Power6
      Shoot if we offered good NIL deals and told recruits the rest we should be getting 5* recruits to come here and play! Memphis must be NIL and 420 friendly with the recruits Penny is getting.
      Shocker Alumni
      Shocker Club Soccer alumni
      Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Who needs NIL deals?
        We’re 420 friendly
        Best 420 in the Power6
        We just need legal weed here and let those NIL deals roll on in
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Who needs NIL deals?
          We’re 420 friendly
          Best 420 in the Power6
          I'm so old I had to do a Google search to figure out what 420 friendly means. Your post now makes sense.

Comment

• I don't think there's an option to seeing what IB can do with his own recruits. The buyout is too big, unless a "lunker" coach could be found who was willing to work below his market value until the various buyouts were under control. That might open up some donor checkbooks.

I think Boatright has to go before IB goes. Boatright isn't going to pull the trigger on his own hire after 2 or 3 years, if ever. Unless Boatright is cut loose in June, we're going to have the opportunity (for better or worse) to see what IB can do with his own recruits.

It's possible that Marshall's recruits knew what they were in for and wanted that type of coaching. Maybe IB would do better with recruits who were not looking for that style of coaching. That's not much to hang a hat on, but it's about all we've got.

Short of canning Boatright and cutting IB loose after next season (unless a worthwhile coach can be found in summer, which isn't easy) the only hope is that we're currently seeing a mismatch between coaching style and the style most of the current roster wants.

Comment

• I don't think anything short or a team full of 4 and 5 star players is going to make this coach look good .... and that's not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                I don't think there's an option to seeing what IB can do with his own recruits. The buyout is too big, unless a "lunker" coach could be found who was willing to work below his market value until the various buyouts were under control. That might open up some donor checkbooks.

I think Boatright has to go before IB goes. Boatright isn't going to pull the trigger on his own hire after 2 or 3 years, if ever. Unless Boatright is cut loose in June, we're going to have the opportunity (for better or worse) to see what IB can do with his own recruits.

It's possible that Marshall's recruits knew what they were in for and wanted that type of coaching. Maybe IB would do better with recruits who were not looking for that style of coaching. That's not much to hang a hat on, but it's about all we've got.

Short of canning Boatright and cutting IB loose after next season (unless a worthwhile coach can be found in summer, which isn't easy) the only hope is that we're currently seeing a mismatch between coaching style and the style most of the current roster wants.
                Have you seen the current recruits on the recruiting board. 2*s and a couple 3*s ain’t gonna cut it in the AAC unless IB is getting diamonds in the rough. With IBs coaching he’s gonna need 4 and 5 star players to win.
                Shocker Alumni

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

Also I personally don’t think it’s the team smoking pot that is causing the horrible play. If that was the case then some of our best Marshall teams would have sucked. Yet they played damn good. It ain’t the devils lettuce it’s the coach and piss poor basketball play from our current players that has us sucking right now.
                  For once, this is an outstanding take. Agree 100%

Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Penny gets the #1 recruiting class and look what that does for him, and he’s been signing 4 and 5 stars several years in a row now. A couple 4 star guys aren’t gonna save IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Penny gets the #1 recruiting class and look what that does for him, and he’s been signing 4 and 5 stars several years in a row now. A couple 4 star guys aren’t gonna save IB.
                      If IB can get 5*s and 4*s to come here I’d give him a chance to prove he can do it with better players. But if he sucks with 5*s and 4*s he isn’t meant to be a head coach at this level.
                      Shocker Alumni

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

For once, this is an outstanding take. Agree 100%
                        Glad you and I agree! But if our AD wants to use lack of institutional control due to players smoking weed and failing tests by all means if it gets IB off the side lines I’m all for it. Yet then again it might hinder recruiting if players hear a coach got canned due to players smoking weed. Probably a lose lose situation for us. Especially since we’ve never heard of a coach getting fired for players smoking and failed drug tests so unfortunately I don’t see it happening even though it would make most of this board happy to see IB gone.
                        Shocker Alumni

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I'm so old I had to do a Google search to figure out what 420 friendly means. Your post now makes sense.
                          Sorry, but no one is older than WstateU . Need to find another excuse.
                          Last edited by ShockTalk; January 18, 2022, 08:50 AM. Reason: Can't proof read

Comment

• From my observations (multiple years and many players) some played their best stoned. Playing without inhibitions, not overthinking anything, just going on instinct and reaction benefited those with a lot of natural instincts for the game. The belief that "what I'm about to do is going to work" benefits some and leads others into really stupid stuff.

Some other players just became really lethargic and slow to react and couldn't mentally keep up with the game. I would speculate that stoned players who need to think about what to do are doomed to miserable performances.

There are obvious and easily recognizable examples of both behaviors on the current roster. That doesn't mean those players are stoners. There are a lot of other factors that lead to inconsistent play and stupid play. "Dude, you hooked up with my woman" is one that comes to mind from a former team that dropped from a top-10 rank to insignificance, although I suspect that team had its fair share of stoners.

We haven't seen a difference in performance pre- and post- legalization in teams in states where legalization has occurred. Legalization is probably a non-factor for basketball. If the Shox have 4 or 5 users on the roster, that would probably put them in the top half of D1 programs for negative tests.
                            Last edited by WuTheOne; January 17, 2022, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Our team has some soul searching to do, someone get them an LSD connect and we'll either win the national title or lose out the rest of the year. Either way works out for us.
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Took bad a drug doesn’t exist that makes our team shoot, pass, and rebound better!
                                Shocker Alumni

Comment

Working...
                                X