Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time should HCIB get to right the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say to IB’s credit, I liked his fire in the postgame presser.

MK even tried giving him an out with the FT disparity, but IB was having none of it; he blamed TOs.

Not saying I am suddenly an IB believer, but if this could be the cathartic moment he realizes he can no longer be the “nice guy assistant” then I’m all for that.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      I will say to IB’s credit, I liked his fire in the postgame presser.

MK even tried giving him an out with the FT disparity, but IB was having none of it; he blamed TOs.

Not saying I am suddenly an IB believer, but if this could be the cathartic moment he realizes he can no longer be the “nice guy assistant” then I’m all for that.
      I’m an IB guy. When he leaves WSU and gets a job at some small southern D1 college and cuts his teeth the right way, he will work his way up the ladder quite quickly, I’m sure. The problem is, there is no cheating experience. Not with all the talent in the world. Just look at Penny if you want proof of that.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I’m an IB guy. When he leaves WSU and gets a job at some small southern D1 college and cuts his teeth the right way, he will work his way up the ladder quite quickly, I’m sure. The problem is, there is no cheating experience. Not with all the talent in the world. Just look at Penny if you want proof of that.
        I hope so.

IB as a man in an A+. I am rooting for him to have all the success in the world.

I just hate to see both his and WSU’s future go in tank.
        The Assman

Comment

Too little, too late IMO. And the blame goes around more than just turnovers.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

He's not an Xs and Os guy. He brought in two D-2 players. Everybody says he's a good person.

Comment

• I don't think anyone questions his likeability.
              Once, again I agree with pin on x's and o's
              Too many times of late game unawareness.
              I don't think he communicates effectively.
              His failure to develop KP is a big one for me

Comment

• Who's nicer? IB or Scott Thompson?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Who's nicer? IB or Scott Thompson?
                  Was Mike Cohen nice? I have no idea. Anybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He's not an Xs and Os guy. He brought in two D-2 players. Everybody says he's a good person.
                    That’s what assistants are for
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You have to establish control early before the season begins. You can't wait until the plane is already falling apart, or your whole crew will abandon you. Now he has to be selective when asserting himself if he wants any chance at landing the aircraft on its wheels this season.

A very tricky place to be in.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Because, yeah, that'd would reflect on the wisdom of the program to fire a coach one year after being named the best coach in the conference.

Why, it could only get better from there, for sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Was Mike Cohen nice? I have no idea. Anybody?
                          Mike was a prince of a guy… don’t think he had a mean bone in his body. I believe he was a solid assistant coach and could relate to players, but didn’t know a X from an O as a head coach.

I recall he recruited a couple of criminals and discipline wasn’t his strong suit.

Things that make you say hmmm…
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just means he is feeling the pressure and it is getting to him. This season is over unless they can pull a miracle in the conference tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Just means he is feeling the pressure and it is getting to him. This season is over unless they can pull a miracle in the conference tournament.
                              No

Comment

• Cut loose Kennedy and bring back Greg Heier as top assistant. Maybe that would alleviate some issues and help stabilize the program in the short term.

Comment

Working...
                                X