2022 Home Attendance and Trends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Is it fair to say that "attendance" is not "butts in seats" unless actual attendance is greater than season tickets sold?
    Official attendance numbers are always sold tickets. Only the University knows the "butts in seats" number and they are not releasing that data.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Official attendance numbers are always sold tickets. Only the University knows the "butts in seats" number and they are not releasing that data.
      No Doubt!!

Comment

• Final Attendance Numbers for 2023.

Attendance 2023.jpg

5th lowest attendance since 1980. Only 1992, 1994, 1995 and 1996 were worse.

Comment

• That is one depressing graph. Ugh! Do we have any reasonable value for the yearly hit the decreased ticket sales is to the bottom line?

Comment

Final Attendance Numbers for 2023.

Attendance 2023.jpg

And I'm betting that actual butts in seats for those years were better than this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              That is one depressing graph. Ugh! Do we have any reasonable value for the yearly hit the decreased ticket sales is to the bottom line?
              Completely napkin here...and probably conservative.

3,000 tix per game lost. 15 games per year. = 45,000 tix per year

45,000 tix X $20 per tix = $900,000

$900,000 plus saso, parking, concessions, merch, etc...

What are talking about....$2-3 million per year at least?

Comment

• Awful. Makes me nauseous.

Comment

• I know I will be renewing my basketball tickets for next year. I wonder how many that didn't get tickets will get them next year. I.m thinking 1K max no matter who gets hired.

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      I know I will be renewing my basketball tickets for next year. I wonder how many that didn't get tickets will get them next year. I.m thinking 1K max no matter who gets hired.
                      I think that is in the ball park. If the hire is perceived as a homerun hire, it might be a little better. But it not going to be a quick recovery.

Comment

I think that is in the ball park. If the hire is perceived as a homerun hire, it might be a little better. But it not going to be a quick recovery.
                        At a minimum of 750 (~500 ticket + 250 SASO) that's 750k in the coffers.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          I know I will be renewing my basketball tickets for next year. I wonder how many that didn't get tickets will get them next year. I.m thinking 1K max no matter who gets hired.
                          We did not have season tickets for the first time in 20 years this past season and we have already decided we're getting them again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post

We did not have season tickets for the first time in 20 years this past season and we have already decided we're getting them again.
                            I’ve had season tickets in forever and was seriously considering giving them up for the first time ever.

If the good Lords willing and the creek don't rise, ole WstateU will be back in the ‘fat cat’ section again waving his cane.

Ole Ross was talkin’ to me again last week (Talk to me Ross) and said, “brother WstateU, continue to ‘trust the process’ and get your sunglasses adjusted, cause Shocker basketball is gonna rise again very soon.”
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’ve had season tickets in forever and was seriously considering giving them up for the first time ever.

If the good Lords willing and the creek don't rise, ole WstateU will be back in the ‘fat cat’ section again waving his cane.

Ole Ross was talkin’ to me again last week (Talk to me Ross) and said, “brother WstateU, continue to ‘TRUST THE PROCESS’ and get your sunglasses adjusted, cause Shocker basketball is gonna rise again very soon.”
                              Those words above ( I capitalized) scare me! Yikes

Comment

Final Attendance Numbers for 2023.

Attendance 2023.jpg

Can you show us the graph going back to 1980's?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X