X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Seriously, have you looked at January schedule? Where’s our next win? I’m sure there’s one in there somewhere, but what game do you know without a shadow of a doubt will be a win? Hell, Tulane scares me at this point.
    The next 6 games, if played, will be challenging. @Houston, vs Tulane, vs Cincinnati, @Temple, @SMU and vs UCF. I think going 3-3 in these games is doable. Don't ask me to put any money on that happening though.

The losses of Sasser and Mark are pretty significant for Houston. Makes them a bit more vulnerable to an upset but they will still be plenty tough.

Tulane was one you would have counted as an expected win not that long ago but after a very so-so non-con season going 3-6 before having their final 3 non-con games cancelled they opened up AAC play with a home win over Memphis and a road win over Cincinnati. They play ECU tonight.

Cincinnati had a good non-con record at 9-3 although the schedule was a bit suspect. When they faced crosstown rival #22 Xavier the were blown out 83-63. Looks kind of similar to the Shocks.

Temple seems like the have been up and down so far this season. They have started AAC play with two home losses 48-65 to UCF and 61-66 to Houston. They play @ UCF tonight. Strange scheduling.

I think SMU's 11-3 record is a bit misleading. Their non-con SOS is ranked #263. But they have opened AAC play with a 5-point road win at Tulsa and a 12-point home win over UCF.

UCF is was 8-2 in the non-con with 3 point loss at Oklahoma and a 17 point loss at #9 Auburn. Their best win was a 14 point win over Michigan. They are 1-1 in AAC play with win @ Temple and loss @SMU as per above.

Not sure the Shocks are as bad as they showed against Memphis. Not sure Memphis is as good as they showed against the Shocks. I see Memphis edged Tulsa 67-64 last night in Memphis. Memphis led that game by 18 in the 2nd half and led by 13 with 4:30 left in the game. Tulsa pulled to with 1 with 3 seconds to play. Go figure.

I think the Shocks are capable of beating any one of these 6 teams. They are also capable of losing to any of these teams. Will probably have a pretty good idea where this team is at the end of this stretch of games.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Did Boob blame the Memphis loss on climate change?
    Lol. Good one

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Did Boob blame the Memphis loss on climate change?

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    Well that was a total dud. Lootz said he was going to set him straight and ended up agreeing with him. Offered a bunch of high level generalizations. Keeps on painting a picture this was a total rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Albreght predicts WSU is finishing top 3 this year…. Lmfao

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    This guy is a CLOWN. He makes the Lutzs look like Mensa members.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    That would be just brutal to listen to IMO.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Lutz to debate Albrecht at 425 this afternoon.
    Gee, I bet that'll be scintillating...for me to poop on.

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    Lutz to debate Albrecht at 425 this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Albrecht was arguing that the Shockers are a bubble NCAA team right now = delusion
    Bubble?! Don't talk about bubble! Are you kidding me? Bubble?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

Seriously, have you looked at January schedule? Where’s our next win? I’m sure there’s one in there somewhere, but what game do you know without a shadow of a doubt will be a win? Hell, Tulane scares me at this point.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by top20shock View Post
    i

If what you’re saying is true then this guy is moron.
    Albrecht was arguing that the Shockers are a bubble NCAA team right now = delusion

WSU Net of 78

Q1 1-1
    Q2 0-2

Those numbers don't bode well unless WSU changes its stripes and starts winning some quality games.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    Memphis gets players who don't need to screw their games up by auditioning for an NBA tryout and listening to whatever they're being fed in those tryouts. DD and TE DID NOT benefit from spending a summer in an NBA tryout camp.
    DD could have developed into an NBA 2 guard, the way he shot the ball his freshmen year. At the time, it looked like he just needed better handles and to get stronger finishing with contact. Unfortunately, his weaknesses are still the same and his shooting has gotten a lot worse. I guess it’s up the player to improve if they are wanting to get to the next level. Not sure what to say about Tyson.

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    Memphis gets players who don't need to screw their games up by auditioning for an NBA tryout and listening to whatever they're being fed in those tryouts. DD and TE DID NOT benefit from spending a summer in an NBA tryout camp.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    I have to say I found Bruce's comment about comparing WSU and Memphis rosters to be thought provoking and sobering. "Which of our starters would start for Memphis?" Hmmm. Yeah. That one hurts a bit.
    How many of our guys would be offered by Memphis?

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Hell, take that a step further, how many on our roster would actually make Memphis' roster?

If you were picking teams for a game, list the players in order for your draft. You'd go a ways to get to Dex and Tyson. And if you went for another Shocker before pick 15, you don't understand basketball.

Small nugget, Bates and Lomax didn't play (full time starter and part time starter and best true PG) but also Chandler Lawson didn't play. Played every game at Oregon (top 20 team) and started 20+ for 2 years there. Part time starter and absolute key contributor DOESN'T GET OFF THE BENCH FOR MEMPHIS.
    This cannot be overstated. I know it's easy to say we have a coaching problem (and I would agree that the Xs and Os aren't at the same level as they were overall when Marshall was here), but even deeper than that, we have a personnel problem.

How (or if) that gets solved in the next few years will play a bigger role than anything in the direction of this program. And recruiting is part of evaluating a coaching staff's performance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X