X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InPursuitOfPerfection
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    You're correct about the morning show on KGSO but, what is it about Doug Downs that he can't keep a co-host?
    Probably a combo of him and the ownership over there. Has he ever had a good co-host though?

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    I don't listen to radio. Like at all. It's been years I imagine. I don't even remember the last time I used the radio in the car - it may not even work anymore. I don't think we have a radio in the house. Anywhere. And I certainly have no interest in listening to people talk on the radio. Sounds too much like a commercial.

Keep a USB drive in the car with THOUSANDS of songs on it at all times, and I can cycle between folders 70s, 80s, classical, country, new music, whatever I'm in the mood for, of it will randomly cycle between folders and mix it up between genres. All commercial free. At work, I either use a mp3 player with the same songs hooked up to speakers or headphones.
    Pirate Bay?

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
    Is Jeremy no longer with Downs?
    I have no idea because I don't listen, but he's went through quite a few prior.

Leave a comment:

• boyshocker
    replied
    Is Jeremy no longer with Downs?

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by InPursuitOfPerfection View Post

The only two shows that are a no listen for me is 6-9 on KGSO.
    You're correct about the morning show on KGSO but, what is it about Doug Downs that he can't keep a co-host?

Leave a comment:

• InPursuitOfPerfection
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
    Shane is heads and shoulders above anyone in town imo. Just a really good and knowledgeable listen. I always liked him on sports daily with Bruce. I try to catch him if I am in the car from 1200-1400.
    I think the best part about Shane's show is that he is never going to do a bad show. I think it's a show with a high floor and low ceiling, but he will have good guests, he knows a good amount about various things. Plus it helps to have a guy that has been around for so long.

The show in town with the highest ceiling and lowest floor is the afternoon show on KGSO. The two hosts are great when they are on, but sometimes can stray afar.

The only two shows that are a no listen for me is 6-9 on KGSO and 9-11 on KFH.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    Shane is heads and shoulders above anyone in town imo. Just a really good and knowledgeable listen. I always liked him on sports daily with Bruce. I try to catch him if I am in the car from 1200-1400.

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    I don't listen to radio. Like at all. It's been years I imagine. I don't even remember the last time I used the radio in the car - it may not even work anymore. I don't think we have a radio in the house. Anywhere. And I certainly have no interest in listening to people talk on the radio. Sounds too much like a commercial.

Keep a USB drive in the car with THOUSANDS of songs on it at all times, and I can cycle between folders 70s, 80s, classical, country, new music, whatever I'm in the mood for, of it will randomly cycle between folders and mix it up between genres. All commercial free. At work, I either use a mp3 player with the same songs hooked up to speakers or headphones.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Even if I try my best to turn off my Shocker bias, I still have to go with Shane on top. He's more prepared and organized and if I had to listen to just one person, he'd be it.

I'm good with Jacob and Tommy (who I think gets better every day and will be excellent in the future) but man, when Paul subs in, that's just a really tough listen.

Big Phil fan. But he's still kind of finding his way I think. Leon is good, but it seems a little like he's just going about his morning routine and chiming in once in awhile when he's near his phone and takes it off mute, no?

Pat reminds me of Brian Heeney a little...so clearly that's not a good thing. TBH, several years ago I enjoyed Bob's schtick but man, something bad happened to him. Jeff is beyond painful and I have no idea why 12 hired him...he must have compromising pictures somewhere.

Haven't given KGSO a try in the afternoon. Will prioritize that at some point.

Leave a comment:

• InPursuitOfPerfection
    replied
    I would be interested to know how everyone else ranks the local shows in town between ESPN, KFH and KGSO.

The middle four hours of the day on the ESPN station is probably the best four hour window in the city right now. Afternoon drive on KGSO is really enjoyable to me. After that gets really bleak, I like Phil's show cause he is a Shocker and sometimes I am game for just throwing out random old athletes and reminiscing like he and Leon do.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

You should be disclosing your conflict of interest before posting in this thread.
    For many many years (and still) The Blob never did so why would I? **** him and his kid. He hated covering Wichita sports when he was the beat writer for the Haysville Gazette.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 3, 2023, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    They've probably gotten enough views and comments from this one topic, that SN ought to charge for some ad revenue and for sending listeners their way.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    I'm amazed that some of you still listen to or follow them.

If it weren't for this board, I'd never even know they exist.

Leave a comment:

• washedup
    replied
    Could care either way about the Eagles. So if you like 'em, no big deal. But the Lutz obsession with that kind of music is weird. Both even going after Joe Posnanski

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Dunce hat gif in 3 ... 2 ...
    Last edited by Kung Wu; May 3, 2023, 05:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X