No announcement yet.

Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude is an idiot. There is far more talent on this team than the first teams of Turg and 3G.

And I hate the they're 9-4 excuse. Most of those wins we looked like crap and were playing bad teams. It's not just thr 4 losses that have got the fan base riled up. It's the atrocious way we've played, win or lose, and the same problems occurring over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I didn't see Lutz, but there were some tweets I wasn't allowed to see. I guess I've been blocked again for simply disagreeing. The Lutz family has some of the thinnest skin around.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Lutz and Parson's don't agree. Albrecht is a box score fan. He doesn't watch the games or really follow WSU closely (he has been "not aware" of things concerning WSU sports on the show in the past). He probably needs to up his social media presence because he is looking for another job and he doing it with the only thing Wichita cares about which is WSU basketball.

Comment

Yikes! I wonder if he even thought about that before posting. Obviously someone who wasn't around for the first years of Turg and Marshall. Swing and a miss junior...

Comment

nm

Comment

I have to say I found Bruce's comment about comparing WSU and Memphis rosters to be thought provoking and sobering. "Which of our starters would start for Memphis?" Hmmm. Yeah. That one hurts a bit.

Comment

And Lutz is doing the same Albrecht ideology on his show. They’re so afraid to criticize for some reason.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bottom line: Things are trending in the wrong direction. If the “Shocker Faithful” want to call those fans who criticize not “true” fans, so freaking be it.

Comment

The "Shocker Faithful" are a joke of a group.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      I have to say I found Bruce's comment about comparing WSU and Memphis rosters to be thought provoking and sobering. "Which of our starters would start for Memphis?" Hmmm. Yeah. That one hurts a bit.
                      This is a "stupid" comment. In the 1980's the MVC had several teams that consistently strongly competed in the nation's Top 20. Gene Smithson had several consecutive Top 5 recruiting classes, but we didn't always win. Now, Bradley had top level talent (not as high as Top 5 but top talent), Tulsa had Top level talent (Top Junior College Talent mainly), but Illinois State (Coach Donewall always had them well coached) competed pretty evenly against the top MVC talent, and they didn't have top level talent.

Move to 2010 decade, and for close to 10 years, WSU consistently competed head to head with Top 20 teams. We never had close to Top 20 Recruiting classes during that era. In the past few years, Memphis had the #1 recruiting class, and several Top 5 recruiting classes. It was either 2019 or 2020 (I'm not remembering which one), that we went on national television and soundly defeated one of those Memphis teams with a Top recruiting class with lesser talent. During those years, I always felt we had a chance to win, and could compete against anyone.

Today, I don't feel that way, and Memphis took us out to the woodshed (it wasn't even close) on Saturday, last year (it wasn't even close), and I have a feeling it will happen again when we play them.

What is the difference in this team this year, and Marshall's teams last decade? I don't think that talent is the major difference. We didn't have Top Recruiting classes then either. We had a good recruit or two, but never McDonald's AA, Top 10 recruits, or Top 50 Recruits, and almost never Top 100 Recruits.

Tyson and Kenny are both 150 recruits, and we have several who were Top 200 recruits. That sounds like the decade of 2010-2020
                      Last edited by Shockm; January 4, 2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        Bottom line: Things are trending in the wrong direction. If the “Shocker Faithful” want to call those fans who criticize not “true” fans, so freaking be it.
                        Sorry, but another dumb comment. I'm a "Shocker Faithful" and I'm criticizing. I've been listening on the radio and watching games for the past 67 years. Does that not qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          For the most part Albrecht is a good media guy for the Wichita market. But he's driving me crazy this morning. He doesn't understand or have a reference point for the recent history of Shocker basketball.

He asks what the reaction was like to the start of the GM era after 9 win first season. I mean it took him 5 years to make the tournament and it took MT 6-7 years. He has no clue what the starting points were. He acts like IB started with completely bare cupboard. He keeps on saying all of GM's players left and he had to start with nothing. What???

He also acts like they've only played 2 bad halfs this season, UNT and Memphis.

I for one clearly remember how I felt year 2 of GM era - pure freaking excitement about the future. You could clearly see something was being built. You had a pretty good sense the record would improve every season going forward.

Dude needs a history lesson rather than cherry picking win totals and tourney appearances with absolutely no context.
                          i

If what you’re saying is true then this guy is moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                            Hell, take that a step further, how many on our roster would actually make Memphis' roster?

If you were picking teams for a game, list the players in order for your draft. You'd go a ways to get to Dex and Tyson. And if you went for another Shocker before pick 15, you don't understand basketball.

Small nugget, Bates and Lomax didn't play (full time starter and part time starter and best true PG) but also Chandler Lawson didn't play. Played every game at Oregon (top 20 team) and started 20+ for 2 years there. Part time starter and absolute key contributor DOESN'T GET OFF THE BENCH FOR MEMPHIS.
                            Last edited by WuDrWu; January 4, 2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sorry, but another dumb comment. I'm a "Shocker Faithful" and I'm criticizing. I've been listening on the radio and watching games for the past 67 years. Does that not qualify?
                              Didn’t say you or everyone in that group. There is a subset of fans who would be ok with literally anything happening to this program. Someone could figuratively burn this program to the ground and they would still be supporting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Didn’t say you or everyone in that group. There is a subset of fans who would be ok with literally anything happening to this program. Someone could figuratively burn this program to the ground and they would still be supporting them.
                                That group is very resistent to anything not glowingly said about the program. I chose to part ways as no true discussion could ever really be had unless you agreed with those that run it. Some seem to wear getting kicked out of the group for disagreeing with the rainbows and unicorns outlook of the group as a badge of honor.

To each their own. I'd rather have real discussions even if that means there's disagreement on what we see, think and believe. We can still be civil with those with differing viewpoints.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X