• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Is he trying to get a job with WSU PR?
    No, white house spokesperson.

Comment

• Completely delusional.

Once again, I can’t believe this is the best we can get in this market.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Completely delusional.

Once again, I can’t believe this is the best we can get in this market.
        This is 100-percent accurate.

Our sports talk radio has been a joke for years. Don’t understand it at all. It’s better in many many places smaller than Wichita. It’s a joke.

Comment

• More nonsense. The last 2 days Albrecht is saying the new coach has to win right away since the precedent has been set by IB. There can't be 3-year plan, that's out the window...must win now.

I got in a little twitter spat with him over the topic. He's posturing for an I told you so when the new coach doesn't win the AAC his first year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            More nonsense. The last 2 days Albrecht is saying the new coach has to win right away since the precedent has been set by IB. There can't be 3-year plan, that's out the window...must win now.

I got in a little twitter spat with him over the topic. He's posturing for an I told you so when the new coach doesn't win the AAC his first year.
            In 3 years, if the trend is still downwards and attendance and donations are way down .. then he has a point. We probably should. Thankfully in 3 years, 3G, IB, FADDB and Wedge will all be paid off.

Comment

More nonsense. The last 2 days Albrecht is saying the new coach has to win right away since the precedent has been set by IB. There can't be 3-year plan, that's out the window...must win now.

One of the main issues many in the media are missing is IB set the bar when he won the AAC, was coach of the year and went to the NCAA Tourney that interim year.

He followed that up with middle to bottom of the pack finishes and no where NEAR in the conversation for any kind of post season. If his teams would have at least been bubble teams or NIT teams then the discussion and situation would likely be different.

Plus, there wasn't much sense of improvement or growth from his teams until maybe the last couple of months of this season.

Roster turnover is always going to be more of a thing than it used to be. So cant really keep using that as an excuse.

It isn't Brown's fault, but it also isn't unreasonable to move on.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

In 3 years, if the trend is still downwards and attendance and donations are way down .. then he has a point. We probably should. Thankfully in 3 years, 3G, IB, FADDB and Wedge will all be paid off.
                But he's not saying that. He's saying the new coach has to win on the court immediately. I pointed out on Twitter it's all about trending in the right direction and meaningful progress, otherwise MT and GM would have been fired early on.

Comment

But he's not saying that. He's saying the new coach has to win on the court immediately. I pointed out on Twitter it's all about trending in the right direction and meaningful progress, otherwise MT and GM would have been fired early on.
                  oh yea .. well that's dumb. In 3 years if there is negative progress and dwindling support is a different story.

Comment

• IMO what doomed IB was he had the charisma like a rock and he could not win over fans. He did not inspire confidence.

You would never see him on sports talk radio talking about the team. The AD would come on to Sports Daily and talked intelligently about basketball, x & O’s and he was the AD. If that had been Brown he would have started winning people and over.

Very few people tuned in to his coaches show because we all knew that Kennedy was going to protect him and it would be “Rinse and repeat”.

Comment

• They're getting ready to dive back into it in 5 minutes.

Comment

• They mad at us...saying the goalposts are being moved regarding expectations for the new coach.

It's NCAA or bust the first year or else goalposts moved...

Comment

• Before the Tulsa game, after going on and on about KU and KSU's games, Albracht said, "Oh yes; and the Shockers are playing tonight too." Great coverage of the local team
                          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

They mad at us...saying the goalposts are being moved regarding expectations for the new coach.

It's NCAA or bust the first year or else goalposts moved...
                            That's just not the case. They are dumb
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I love how they think year one has to be better than year three or else it's goalposts being moved.

They also wanted to avoid trending talk like that didn't matter.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

More nonsense. The last 2 days Albrecht is saying the new coach has to win right away since the precedent has been set by IB. There can't be 3-year plan, that's out the window...must win now..
                                He's so close to being right, but for all the wrong reasons.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X