No announcement yet.

Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN is a wonderful source of information, a place to share thoughts (and grievances) with the state of affairs that is Wichita State Athletics (and more if you visit the off topic forums) - but certainly not garbage. On more than one occasion, SN has been the first source of information in regards to news in WSU Athletics. Not to hype myself, but I was given a tour of Koch Arena MONTHS before the public ever saw it (on my birthday, even), and shared only about 100 photos of it on SN one hot sunny day in August. More recently, and thanks to investigative curiosity, at least one SN member pulled the great black curtain back on the shenanigans in the athletic department with the last Athletic Director. I'm sure there are more.

If the comment really was made about garbage, I will share this as it popped immediately into my so called brain. There are others I could share, but I tend NOT to dump or take sh*ts on things that I don't agree with.

Comment

• If anyone wants to listen to what is said, the segment starts around 18 minutes in and SN is the topic for the next 90 seconds or so in in the first segment - https://www.audacy.com/podcast/bob-a...iplomacy-91039 There's a small audio player on the page but there's a thing to click on the right to make it bigger so that you can see the time. I wish I had known it was 18 minutes in so I could have skipped the first 18 minutes.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
        If anyone wants to listen to what is said, the segment starts around 18 minutes in and SN is the topic for the next 90 seconds or so in in the first segment - https://www.audacy.com/podcast/bob-a...iplomacy-91039 There's a small audio player on the page but there's a thing to click on the right to make it bigger so that you can see the time. I wish I had known it was 18 minutes in so I could have skipped the first 18 minutes.
        That 90sec was worth listening to just to hear Bob be incredulous at the idea that someone doesn’t like his show. Everyone HAS to like his show; he’s Bob Lutz, after all.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Hey Jeffrey, tell Bob here’s a grievance to air:

You are a small time act in a dying media realm in a town that nobody cares about outside of Sedgwick and surrounding counties. There might be 14 people on shockernet, but I bet there’s more people reading our hot garbage than willingly listening to yours.

Sincerely,

John Doe
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• You know how they say when Jim Cramer talks on CNBC you should do the exact opposite with your investments?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Hey Jeffrey, tell Bob here’s a grievance to air:

There might be 14 people on shockernet, but I bet there’s more people reading our hot garbage than willingly listening to yours.

Sincerely,

John Doe
              FWIW, there are 168 reading now. Record is 2,198 at one time.

Comment

• Haven’t listened to Sports Daily since Bruce Haertl left. However, pages of post dedicated to its irrelevance indicate the opposite.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  Haven’t listened to Sports Daily since Bruce Haertl left. However, pages of post dedicated to its irrelevance indicate the opposite.
                  Could it be...? Nah, seems too obvious right?

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                    SN is a wonderful source of information, a place to share thoughts (and grievances) with the state of affairs that is Wichita State Athletics (and more if you visit the off topic forums) - but certainly not garbage. On more than one occasion, SN has been the first source of information in regards to news in WSU Athletics. Not to hype myself, but I was given a tour of Koch Arena MONTHS before the public ever saw it (on my birthday, even), and shared only about 100 photos of it on SN one hot sunny day in August. More recently, and thanks to investigative curiosity, at least one SN member pulled the great black curtain back on the shenanigans in the athletic department with the last Athletic Director. I'm sure there are more.

If the comment really was made about garbage, I will share this as it popped immediately into my so called brain. There are others I could share, but I tend NOT to dump or take sh*ts on things that I don't agree with.

I couldn't agree more!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      You know how they say when Jim Cramer talks on CNBC you should do the exact opposite with your investments?
                      Like if Jim tells you to offer a contract to the interim coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        Haven’t listened to Sports Daily since Bruce Haertl left. However, pages of post dedicated to its irrelevance indicate the opposite.
                        Bruce Haertl....I had a feeling that when he was in Denver, he was watching tv while he was doing the show....always a little off....

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

FWIW, there are 168 reading now. Record is 2,198 at one time.
                          Wow. That’s more than I thought.

Comment

• So was the record during the "Marshall to Alabama" or "Marshall is out" episode?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              So was the record during the "Marshall to Alabama" or "Marshall is out" episode?
                              Latter...or it was at least the beginning of the end...

"Most users ever online was 2,198 at 05:35 AM on October 4, 2020."
                              78-65

Comment

• There may be less than 50 that post often. I rarely post but I am reading comments and longing for information at least 6 times a day. Almost died this weekend when this thread went silent.

Comment

Working...
                                X