The Annual HCIB WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

Worst part of the whole deal is watching guys who left have more success than WSU.
    Yep. I second this. That is the part that stings. Don't get me wrong, I love watching HCGM former assistants have success and would love nothing more than for IB to have that success at WSU (because that would mean we were in the mix) but unfortunately that is not the case I is not likely to be the case with IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      Interesting ….
      https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/...667651073?s=21

sounds like nmsu is interested in GH for Jan’s replacement and if GH doesn’t get it he’s going with Jans and Marshall will be considered… Jeff ******* losing his effing mind on Twitter lol
      Well slap my a$$ and call me Shirley. Wouldn't that be something if HCGM gets that gig. I'd be an Aggie fan in a minute, even more so than now. Question is, would Teddy Bucket stay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Rebuild or not .... WSU is likely still a more attractive spot than New Mexico State. Barring some major donor stepping up .. the next couple years are what they are .. not much we can change. So just pointing out a possible good scenario in work.
        Thanks for the dream!

Comment

Interesting ….

sounds like nmsu is interested in GH for Jan’s replacement and if GH doesn’t get it he’s going with Jans and Marshall will be considered… Jeff ******* losing his effing mind on Twitter lol
          My God! All the successful former coaches and assistants at WSU are more or less giving the Shocker program a collective finger. Can't say I blame them.

DB threw Marshall under the bus to the incredibly inexperienced top level. He did that to save his own butt. In the process he was convincing enough to get a raise by convincing them that Marshall had to go.

Now we've pretty much got Marshall, Heiar, Jans, and Stephenson pi$$ed at the athletic department. Those are the guys who got the donors. Lambo is still around, but he raised his own money too.

Boatright is worse than incompetent. He appears to be willing to seriously damage his department if it means he can keep his job. If Muma has a brain in his head and the cojones to do it, he needs to borrow the athletic department $550,000 from WSU's operating fund and fire Boatright. IB may be a much better coach if he knew he didn't have his guardian angel as his boss, but I doubt it.

I think the current administrative situation is worse than when Armstrong and Perkins torpedoed the football program.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

My God! All the successful former coaches and assistants at WSU are more or less giving the Shocker program a collective finger. Can't say I blame them.

DB threw Marshall under the bus to the incredibly inexperienced top level. He did that to save his own butt. In the process he was convincing enough to get a raise by convincing them that Marshall had to go.

Now we've pretty much got Marshall, Heiar, Jans, and Stephenson pi$$ed at the athletic department. Those are the guys who got the donors. Lambo is still around, but he raised his own money too.

Boatright is worse than incompetent. He appears to be willing to seriously damage his department if it means he can keep his job. If Muma has a brain in his head and the cojones to do it, he needs to borrow the athletic department $550,000 from WSU's operating fund and fire Boatright. IB may be a much better coach if he knew he didn't have his guardian angel as his boss, but I doubt it.

I think the current administrative situation is worse than when Armstrong and Perkins torpedoed the football program.
            Again, you are absolutely clueless if you think letting Marshall go was DB's call. That decision came from on high, and maybe not even from someone at WSU. Regardless, given the news that was out about Marshall, you're also clueless if you think it was a choice at all.

DB kept his mouth shut and ate the map of where all the bodies were buried, and that's why he got the silent extension and a little hush money.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• There has been talk on here of other programs being dumpster fires and now look. So will the responsible one be held responsible?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Again, you are absolutely clueless if you think letting Marshall go was DB's call. That decision came from on high, and maybe not even from someone at WSU. Regardless, given the news that was out about Marshall, you're also clueless if you think it was a choice at all.

DB kept his mouth shut and ate the map of where all the bodies were buried, and that's why he got the silent extension and a little hush money.
                The decision came from on high. Absolutely. My speculation is that DB framed and formed the opinion with those up high that Marshall had to go. If it wasn't from someone at WSU, then you're implying it was from some of the boosters who were paying Marshall's salary.

I believe Marshall hit Shaq on the back of his head, and it wasn't an "I'm getting your attention" open handed slap. I believe Marshall had his hands around Linstead's throat.

I also believe Marshall offered to apologize and make any press release needed if he could keep coaching at WSU. That didn't happen, which indicates something happened before that offer and the decision was already made before all the facts were known. That absolutely stinks of DB going to the top levels and fed them one side of a story where he was the other side.

DB ate the map of where the bodies were buried because he had dug the graves.

I was on the bandwagon that Marshall's ability to recruit had ended. It had already suffered. I've looked at all the recruits after Shamet and Marshall's recruiting was more misses than hits. Marshall making some public apologies and admitting to some anger issues would have not only saved his job, but also removed some of the recruiting obstacles.

If Marshall stayed, BoatAnchor had to go because he knew about everything and did nothing. There is no employee more dangerous than one who has no clue how to do their job, but has outstanding ability to save it.

Comment

• Fine them Boatright should have gone but didn’t realize you were present for the hit on Shaq. Why didn’t you testify?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

The decision came from on high. Absolutely. My speculation is that DB framed and formed the opinion with those up high that Marshall had to go. If it wasn't from someone at WSU, then you're implying it was from some of the boosters who were paying Marshall's salary.

I believe Marshall hit Shaq on the back of his head, and it wasn't an "I'm getting your attention" open handed slap. I believe Marshall had his hands around Linstead's throat.

I also believe Marshall offered to apologize and make any press release needed if he could keep coaching at WSU. That didn't happen, which indicates something happened before that offer and the decision was already made before all the facts were known. That absolutely stinks of DB going to the top levels and fed them one side of a story where he was the other side.

DB ate the map of where the bodies were buried because he had dug the graves.

I was on the bandwagon that Marshall's ability to recruit had ended. It had already suffered. I've looked at all the recruits after Shamet and Marshall's recruiting was more misses than hits. Marshall making some public apologies and admitting to some anger issues would have not only saved his job, but also removed some of the recruiting obstacles.

If Marshall stayed, BoatAnchor had to go because he knew about everything and did nothing. There is no employee more dangerous than one who has no clue how to do their job, but has outstanding ability to save it.
                    Nice story that could be on tabloid shows like “Current Affair”. Some facts or partial facts, lots of bias and conjecture.

Comment

Interesting ….

wow..just wow

Comment

• I only have what so many others have said on the matter but I've always believed GM should have been given the opportunity to just apologize for the incidents, promise never to physically abuse a player again, and move on. I still wish that could somehow happen with IB earning his pay as an ass't over a longer time. Not going to happen, I know, but I can still wish it. Others have experienced worse as players and coaches and survived without such excessive punishments. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          I only have what so many others have said on the matter but I've always believed GM should have been given the opportunity to just apologize for the incidents, promise never to physically abuse a player again, and move on. I still wish that could somehow happen with IB earning his pay as an ass't over a longer time. Not going to happen, I know, but I can still wish it. Others have experienced worse as players and coaches and survived without such excessive punishments. Just my opinion.
                          Yep. Unfortunately he will get the second chance at another school and probably relish kicking our a$$ if we ever play his team.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            I only have what so many others have said on the matter but I've always believed GM should have been given the opportunity to just apologize for the incidents, promise never to physically abuse a player again, and move on. I still wish that could somehow happen with IB earning his pay as an ass't over a longer time. Not going to happen, I know, but I can still wish it. Others have experienced worse as players and coaches and survived without such excessive punishments. Just my opinion.
                            Based on what I remember of GM's comments the second time he addressed the allegations where he came out swinging that he did nothing wrong, I'm not sure apologizing was something he would have been willing to do. It is possible that he was extended that opportunity and turned it down flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post

Based on what I remember of GM's comments the second time he addressed the allegations where he came out swinging that he did nothing wrong, I'm not sure apologizing was something he would have been willing to do. It is possible that he was extended that opportunity and turned it down flat.
                              Nope. Good sources have indicated that HCGM offered up the mea culpa and apology and the administration told him don't bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Nope. Good sources have indicated that HCGM offered up the mea culpa and apology and the administration told him don't bother.
                                Out of curiosity, do we know if that offer was before or after the second time he addressed the allegations?

Comment

Working...
                                X