No announcement yet.

Memphis at Wichita State Game Thread 1-1-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol...Kennedy's production guy (which many probably know) told me the offense is fine, they're simply not hitting their open shots.

That kind of propaganda raises my blood pressure.
    Last edited by BostonWu; January 1, 2022, 05:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Lol...Kennedy's production guy (which many probably know) told me the offense is fine, they're simply not hitting their open shots.

Armond is the king of the bury your head crowd. Patti is his queen.

Comment

Lol...Kennedy's production guy (which many probably know) told me the offense is fine, they're simply not hitting their open shots.

I hate to say it, because there ARE things to fix … but he’s not totally wrong

Comment

• If they're not hitting their open shots two years in a row, that probably says something about their ability to hit their open shots. I wasn't expecting the Shox to win this game, even with Memphis losing so many right now, but I wasn't expecting an absolute humiliating beatdown.

It was apparent that Penny pretty much called off his dogs (yes, he has some DOGS) to make the final score look better for the Shox.

That type of a loss after losing to K-State, which should not have happened and North Texas, which should not have happened, is starting to show a trajectory for this team that is going the wrong direction in a f***ing hurry.

Comment

Both are true... Offense needs work... But we do miss a ridiculous amount of open shots and layups that other teams hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I hate to say it, because there ARE things to fix … but he’s not totally wrong
              Good teams don't take a ridiculous amount of circus shots at the buzzer. Are they missing some open looks? No doubt. But how many quality possessions does this offense produce?

Comment

• Not much to say that others haven't except that I'm going to break one of my New Year's resolutions. My resolution was to not be one of those posters that brings up the same thing after every loss and talks about it ad nauseum, but I'm pissed. I had a deal with Dillon's that if we won, not only would everyone get a free donut tomorrow, but everyone could get a second one for just a Penny. I had even worked my own NIL deal where I would get 1% of each penny, and well, this loss has cost me at least a nickel.
                Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; January 1, 2022, 07:44 PM.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Good teams don't take a ridiculous amount of circus shots at the buzzer. Are they missing some open looks? No doubt. But how many quality possessions does this offense produce?
                  At the buzzer? I've seen some moving (flying) sideways in the air shots from 25' with 15 seconds on the shot clock. I don't think Council or Etienne have ever seen anything they thought was a bad shot - for them.

Comment

• If IB would sub players out for doing stupid stuff, making unforced errors, or playing hero ball, there would be one or two guys at the scorer's table every second of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                      If IB would sub players out for doing stupid stuff, making unforced errors, or playing hero ball, there would be one or two guys at the scorer's table every second of the game.
                      and at the same time it seems like ZERO consequences for doing such things. Not even a good a$$ chewing when they do come out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Both are true... Offense needs work... But we do miss a ridiculous amount of open shots and layups that other teams hit.
                        I feel like you might be Mike Kennedy’s son.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                          It was apparent that Penny pretty much called off his dogs (yes, he has some DOGS) to make the final score look better for the Shox.
                          He may have "called them off", but the dogs that were still out during the end accounted for 75% of their points.

Comment

• Well .... *hic* we losht another one to *hic* ... mumumphish .. . i hate thoshe bashtard *hic* and that boot lickerer, no good cheatin' shumbitchin laahrry brown can kish my black and yellow arsh *hic*

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• No one on this team fears the film room.

Comment

• It really does amaze how little IB does on the sidelines. I know its not his nature, but give me a little fire or some "want to". If he doesn't want to do it...designate an assistant to be the in-game coach and ride the refs, coach the players, motivate, etc. Just nothing coming from the sideline and the team plays like it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X