Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm sure he can resign. Just cant take a job elsewhere
    WSU no doubt would be able to waive that requirement if that made the most sense at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      IB isn't allowed to quit?
      He could be hired for Power 5 job

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He could be hired for Power 5 job
        LMAO
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't understand how compensation in the coaching world got so heavy on salary and so light on incentives and bonuses? If any job on the planet should have a "decent" salary but massive bonuses, it should be college and pro coaches.

I'm not saying coaches should live like paupers, but a salary of $500k per year with an incentive program like:

20-plus regular-season wins ($100,000)
          AAC regular season championship ($250,000)
          AAC tournament championship ($500,000)
          AAC Coach of the Year ($500,000)
          National Coach of the Year ($1,000,000)
          Multi-year APR of 950-plus or team GPA of 3.00-plus ($150,000)
          NIT Final Four win ($100,000)
          NIT National Championship win ($300,000)
          NCAA Tournament appearance ($100,000)
          NCAA Round of 32 win ($250,000)
          NCAA Sweet Sixteen win ($1,000,000)
          NCAA Elite Eight win ($2,000,000)
          NCAA Final Four win ($5,000,000)
          NCAA National Championship ($15,000,000)

Buy annual insurance on the Elite Eight, Final Four and NCAA National Championship wins if those numbers make you nervous.

Schools should make coaches earn huge paydays. Conversely when a coach kicks ass, they should get PAID for it.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I don't understand how compensation in the coaching world got so heavy on salary and so light on incentives and bonuses? If any job on the planet should have a "decent" salary but massive bonuses, it should be college and pro coaches.

I'm not saying coaches should live like paupers, but a salary of $500k per year with an incentive program like:

20-plus regular-season wins ($100,000)
            AAC regular season championship ($250,000)
            AAC tournament championship ($500,000)
            AAC Coach of the Year ($500,000)
            National Coach of the Year ($1,000,000)
            Multi-year APR of 950-plus or team GPA of 3.00-plus ($150,000)
            NIT Final Four win ($100,000)
            NIT National Championship win ($300,000)
            NCAA Tournament appearance ($100,000)
            NCAA Round of 32 win ($250,000)
            NCAA Sweet Sixteen win ($1,000,000)
            NCAA Elite Eight win ($2,000,000)
            NCAA Final Four win ($5,000,000)
            NCAA National Championship ($15,000,000)

Buy annual insurance on the Elite Eight, Final Four and NCAA National Championship wins if those numbers make you nervous.

Schools should make coaches earn huge paydays. Conversely when a coach kicks ass, they should get PAID for it.
            Agree. The current incentive structure doesn’t seem like that much of an incentive when these guys are already getting millions of dollars.

Comment

F. Boatright has to go. Now, today, immediately.

Comment

Do you trust current administration or board members to find a great replacement?

From what I remember, all those people thought the hire of Golden was a HR….
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  Do you trust current administration or board members to find a great replacement?

From what I remember, all those people thought the hire of Golden was a HR….
                  WSU has proven they can cancel any opinion that they don’t like. I don’t see anything changing. It’s a corrupt system.
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; January 4, 2022, 01:58 PM. Reason: So can I.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Not as substantial as the CIB contract but the Cessna Stadium “plan” bothers me

He announced 18 months ago it’s going to be torn down, and since then not a peep coming from the AD. No designs for its replacement, no public fundraising message, no excitement generated.
                    Mickey Mouse. I’d think it matters to the T/F team as well as KSHAA and their annual state track meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      Not as substantial as the CIB contract but the Cessna Stadium “plan” bothers me

He announced 18 months ago it’s going to be torn down, and since then not a peep coming from the AD. No designs for its replacement, no public fundraising message, no excitement generated.
                      Mickey Mouse. I’d think it matters to the T/F team as well as KSHAA and their annual state track meet.
                      1000% agree

Comment

But “Covid”…
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Here’s some real under the radar turds:

Keitha Adams making $352k when she was coming off of a 8-23 season at UTEP and apparently getting a contract extension after her first year.

The complete and utter disregard for our basketball strength and conditioning facilities and equipment. In the basement of our arena? Fred exposed this when he was here but it’s been a problem for the last few years.

A definitive and clear plan on what to do with Cessna Stadium. I understand Golden wanted to tear it down, but how about what’s next and some drawings to get people excited? Not getting football, so let’s plan on a 12-15k multiuse stadium that will create revenue and start a fund raising campaign.

Butler was a disaster and even if Gene had to go, there were 100 better choices.

Wedgie looks like a good hire and the Track Facility/Student Athlete Success Center is nice, but wasn’t that planned when ES was the AD? I can’t remember.

Jury is still out on IB and I can defend the act for a number of reasons but it is hard to defend the amount and duration.

The FHCGM mess was not handled well dating back to 2016 and some of that is on ES, who is a convenient scapegoat. If it had been, he would still be our coach and would probably be reigned back enough to still be highly effective. Yet, somehow Boatright survived that train fire. As a result, multiple boosters and potential money sources have become disgusted with the program.

The move to the AAC was driven by Bardo and Marshall, Boatright assisted.

Student Athletes are doing well in classroom for most part and stay out of trouble. That is good, but is expected as a bare minimum, isn’t it?

Lambo probably is overpaid, but still for what he has done, unless we completely fall apart, like 5-23 a couple of seasons in a row, he should stay as long as he wants.

Thoughts still percolating, but right now, a D+.
                          Bump for reference.

Comment

I shared this weekend I cancelled my basketball season tickets and SASO that have been in my family since 1965. I included a two-page letter outlining my reasoning for canceling the tickets. I received a call from Susan Domann from SASO this afternoon. Let me first say Susan was very professional and I appreciated her calling me about my perception and experience with Shocker athletics. She asked I re-evaluate my decision and asked directly about the specifics of my decision. I politely explained my position of no longer trusting the leadership of Shocker athletics and gave the bullet points that have been presented on this fine forum. I went into detail regarding how over their heads Brown, Boatright and Muma are in their actions of leading Shocker athletics. Susan attempted to praise the growth in buildings, etc that were led by Boatright and others. The disconnect as I told her was internally WSU employees might see the behind the scenes actions leadership has taken. The problem is they are not enough, aren't publicized and leadership is not seen. Susan admitted Boatright isn't the public cheerleader Schaus was. I told her "bingo." A Schaus style of leading is exactly what is needed to be a D-I AD these days. It isn't about being another Jim Schaus, but implement his strategy of demonstrating passion and energy for his people and projects. This isn't rocket science. If WSU is not aware of this, there are more problems than we know. Even though I found Susan to be thoughtful and professional, there is an issue with WSU not understanding their customer or how their product is perceived by said customer. I thanked Susan for her time and praised her for her courage to make that call to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                              I shared this weekend I cancelled my basketball season tickets and SASO that have been in my family since 1965. I included a two-page letter outlining my reasoning for canceling the tickets. I received a call from Susan Domann from SASO this afternoon. Let me first say Susan was very professional and I appreciated her calling me about my perception and experience with Shocker athletics. She asked I re-evaluate my decision and asked directly about the specifics of my decision. I politely explained my position of no longer trusting the leadership of Shocker athletics and gave the bullet points that have been presented on this fine forum. I went into detail regarding how over their heads Brown, Boatright and Muma are in their actions of leading Shocker athletics. Susan attempted to praise the growth in buildings, etc that were led by Boatright and others. The disconnect as I told her was internally WSU employees might see the behind the scenes actions leadership has taken. The problem is they are not enough, aren't publicized and leadership is not seen. Susan admitted Boatright isn't the public cheerleader Schaus was. I told her "bingo." A Schaus style of leading is exactly what is needed to be a D-I AD these days. It isn't about being another Jim Schaus, but implement his strategy of demonstrating passion and energy for his people and projects. This isn't rocket science. If WSU is not aware of this, there are more problems than we know. Even though I found Susan to be thoughtful and professional, there is an issue with WSU not understanding their customer or how their product is perceived by said customer. I thanked Susan for her time and praised her for her courage to make that call to me.
                              Sounds like she was more interested in being defensive than actually understanding what the issues really are. Typical. Props to her for reaching out though I guess.

Comment

She basically told you DB is not qualified to be an AD. Being out front is paramount to this job. Being a good asst. AD does not necessarily warrant promotion to AD when the job opens up. Peter Principle in action.

Comment

Working...
                                X